2015 Irvine Valley Nike Tennis Camp Information
The Nike Tennis Camp at Irvine Valley College offers two weeks of junior day tennis camp (9:30am-3:00pm) for kids ages 6-18 of all skill levels. The program will feature morning and afternoon sessions including tennis instruction, drills and match play. Upon arrival, all participants are evaluated by the staff so that their own instructional needs can be addressed throughout the week.
Camp Program Offerings
In addition to the general camp sessions, this year we are offering tournament training and high school sessions during all weeks of camp.
Tournament Training Program
The tournament training program is geared towards tournament level and ranked players looking to improve their tournament results, learn winning strategies, and work on mental toughness.
High School Session
The high school program is provided for players ages 13-18 currently on their high school team and wanting to move up the ladder or those planning on making the high school team.
- 9:00am at the Irvine Valley College Tennis Courts on first day of camp
- Graduation: Friday at 11:00am on Friday at the tennis courts. Parents encouraged to attend!
- Check-out: Immediately following the graduation.
Daily Program Schedule
- June 22-26 session: Monday through Friday
- June 29-July 3 session: Monday through Friday
- 9:30am-12:00 Noon: Tennis
- Noon-1:00pm: Lunch/Rest
- 1:00-3:00pm: Tennis
Campers bring their own lunch.
Campers will play on the college's 8 outdoor courts.
A detailed camper registration packet containing check in location, health/release forms, emergency contact info, and a list of things to bring will be emailed to all registered campers in the Spring. Our health and release forms do not require a doctor's signature and they will be collected on the first day of camp.
Camp Code: TNXDIV
Sample Daily Schedule
- 9:30am Stretching, Camp Meeting at Courts
- 9:45am Tennis Instruction and Drills
- 12:00 Noon Lunch, Rest
- 1:00pm Tennis Program, Match Play
- 3:00pm Conclusion of Daily Tennis Program