More Important Camp Details
2017 Camp Information
This year we are offering eight weeks of Day Tennis Camp for kids ages 6-18 of all abilities. Campers have the choice of participating in an Extended Day (9:15am-5:00pm), Full Day program (9:15am-3:30pm) or a Half Day program (9:15am-12:30pm). In addition to our tennis training program, we are also offering swimming as a part of our camp programs. Please note, all camp sessions run Monday-Thursday except for week three, which runs Monday through Friday due to no camp session running on Fourth of July.
Week 1: June 19-22
Week 2: June 26-29
Week 3: July 3-7 (Camp will not run on July 4th)
Week 4: July 10-13
Week 5: July 17-20
Week 6: July 24-27
Week 7: July 31-August 3
Week 8: August 7-10
Camp Program Offerings
Campers have a choice of five different programs:
- Half Day: (9:15am-12:30pm) $295 (Tennis only)
- Full Day: (9:15am-3:30pm) $425 (Tennis only)
- Extended Day: (9:15am-5:00pm) $495 (Tennis: 9:00am-3:30pm + **Swimming: 3:30-5:00pm)
** Campers swim in the MIT pool
10 and Under Tennis
In addition, we offer a “10 and Under Tennis” (Half Day or Full Day) program, featuring the USTA’s successful new teaching format. This is an exciting new way kids 10 and under are learning to play tennis as well as compete. The courts are smaller and balls are low-compression so they are easier to hit, allowing kids to get to the ball and develop optimal swing patterns. It all makes it easy and fun for them to hit, play and score from the start, while developing skills that will last a lifetime. Please note: This program is optional and younger campers may opt to play regular tennis on the full courts. For more information on “10 and Under Tennis” programs nationwide, Click Here to check out the USTA website.
- 8:45am-9:15am on Monday for all campers at the J.B. Carr Tennis Bubble.
- Follow signs for check-in.
- All campers: Thursday at the end of their respective session at the J.B. Carr Tennis Bubble, EXCEPT for week 3 when check-out is on Friday.
Daily Program Schedule
- Extended Day Camp runs 9:15am-5:00pm (Monday through Thursday). Check out is at 5:00pm Thursday.
- Full Day (Tennis Only) Camp runs 9:15am-3:30pm (Monday through Thursday). Check out is at 3:30pm Thursday.
- Half Day Camp runs daily from 9:15am-12:30pm (Monday through Thursday).
*Again, please note for week 3 which is Monday-Friday (due to fourth of July holiday) will have the same schedule but check-out is on FRIDAY.
Lunch is NOT provided. Extended Day and Full day campers should bring their own lunch daily or money to purchase on campus. Half Day campers leave before lunch. Campers 10 years old and younger, need to bring their lunch daily, they will not be allowed to purchase lunch on campus and will eat lunch at the tennis center with staff members.
Campers play on 20 outdoor tennis courts. In case of rain, camp will move to the indoor courts.
A detailed camper registration packet containing check in location, health/release forms, emergency contact info, and a list of things to bring will be emailed to all registered campers in the Spring. PLEASE NOTE: Our health and release forms require a doctor's signature and they will be collected on the first day of camp.
Camp Code: TNXDMI
Sample Daily Schedule
- 8:45am-9:15am Check-in at the J.B. Carr Tennis Bubble
- 9:15-9:45am Technique & Conditioning
- 10:00am-12:30pm Drills & Instruction
- 12:30-1:30pm Lunch Break
- 1:30-3:30 Tennis Match Play, both singles and doubles
- *3:30-5:00pm Optional swimming and recreation (pick up at 5:00pm)