2015 Camp Information
This year we are offering eight weeks of Day Camp for kids ages 6-18 of all abilities. Campers have the choice of participating in an Extended Day (9:00am-5:00pm), Full Day program (9:00am-3:30pm) or a Half Day program (9:00am-12:30pm). In addition to our tennis program, we are also offering an hour and a half of swimming and/or Math/Science classes as a part of some of our camp programs.
Camp Program Offerings
Campers have a choice of five different programs:
- Half Day: (9:00am-12:30pm) $275 (Tennis only)
- Full Day: (9:00am-3:30pm) $395 (Tennis only)
- Full Day: (9:00am-3:30pm) $475 (Tennis: 9:00am-12:00pm + *Math/Science Class: 1:30-3:30pm)
- Extended Day: (9:00am-5:00pm) $475 (Tennis: 9:00am-3:30pm + **Swimming: 3:30-5:00pm)
- Extended Day: (9:00am-5:00pm) $495 (Tennis:9:00am-12:30pm + *Math/Science Class: 1:30-3:00pm + **Swimming: 3:00-5:00pm)
* Math/Science class taught by MIT students
** Campers swim in the MIT pool
The Math/Science program is open to campers age 8 and older only. The classes will be hour and a half sessions each day and there will be different fun and challenging projects each week. Campers attending multiple weeks will have a new curriculum each session. Campers in the classroom will be divided into small groups based on their age and ability. Sample topics include: Math, Engineering, Alternative Energy and Physics.
10 and Under Tennis
In addition, we offer a “10 and Under Tennis” (Half Day or Full Day) program, featuring the USTA’s successful new teaching format. This is an exciting new way kids 10 and under are learning to play tennis as well as compete. The courts are smaller and balls are low-compression so they are easier to hit, allowing kids to get to the ball and develop optimal swing patterns. It all makes it easy and fun for them to hit, play and score from the start, while developing skills that will last a lifetime. Please note: This program is optional and younger campers may opt to play regular tennis on the full courts. For more information on “10 and Under Tennis” programs nationwide, Click Here to check out the USTA website.
- 8:30-9:00am on Monday for all campers at the J.B. Carr Tennis Bubble.
- Follow signs for check-in.
- All campers: Thursday at the end of their respective session at the J.B. Carr Tennis Bubble.
- Graduation ceremony will take place at the end of the half day session (12:30pm) on Thursday with all campers.
Daily Program Schedule
- Extended Day Camp runs 9:00am-5:00pm (Monday through Thursday). Check out is at 5:00pm Thursday.
- Full Day (Tennis Only) Camp runs 9:00am-3:30pm (Monday through Thursday). Check out is at 3:30pm Thursday.
- Full Day (Tennis with Math/Science) Camp runs 9:00am-3:30pm (Monday through Thursday). Check out is at 3:30pm Thursday.
- Half Day Camp runs daily from 9:00am-12:30pm (Monday through Thursday).
Lunch is NOT provided. Extended Day and Full day campers should bring their own lunch daily or money to purchase on campus. Half Day campers leave before lunch.
Campers play on 20 outdoor tennis courts. In case of rain, camp will move to the indoor courts.
A detailed camper registration packet containing check in location, health/release forms, emergency contact info, and a list of things to bring will be emailed to all registered campers in the Spring. PLEASE NOTE: Our health and release forms require a doctor's signature and they will be collected on the first day of camp.
Camp Code: TNXDMI
Sample Daily Schedule
- 8:45am-9:15am Check-in at the J.B. Carr Tennis Bubble
- 9:15-9:45am Technique & Conditioning
- 10:00am-12:30pm Drills & Instruction
- 12:30-1:30pm Lunch Break
- 1:30-3:30 Tennis Match Play, both singles and doubles
- *1:30-3:00 Optional Math/Science classes (pick up at 3:30pm for full day, 5:00pm for extended day)
- *3:30-5:00pm Optional swimming and recreation (pick up at 5:00pm)