2017 University of Illinois Nike Tennis Camp Information
This year, the University of Illinois is offering two weeks of general overnight tennis camp and day camp (8:30am-4:00pm) for ages 9-18 and all ability levels. Upon arrival, all participants are evaluated by the staff so that their own tennis instruction needs can be addressed throughout the week. Overnight campers stay on campus in air-conditioned dorms and play daily at the Atkins Tennis Center, home to the Illini men’s and women’s tennis teams and the 2013 NCAA Men's and Women's Tennis Championships. Our goal this summer is to give players the opportunity to hit thousands of balls, improve their technique, and be challenged by some of the best players in their peer group. Immerse yourself in tennis instruction, new friends and off court fun activities for a week. Your day is filled with tennis and fun!
Camp Program Offerings
In addition to the general camp sessions, we will include a special tournament training component during the first session and a high school program during the second session.
Tournament Training Program
The tournament training program is geared towards tournament level and ranked players looking to improve their tournament results, learn winning strategies, and work on mental toughness.
High School Session
The high school program is provided for players ages 13-18 currently on their high school team and wanting to move up the ladder or those planning on making the high school team.
- Overnight Campers check-in 1:00pm on Sunday at the dorms.
- Day Campers check-in at 1:30pm on Sunday at the tennis courts.
- Campers should come dressed to play as we will head straight to the courts after check-in.
- Day Campers will depart that evening at 9:00pm.
- All campers check-out 11:30am on Thursday.
- A graduation ceremony will precede checkout. All parents are invited to come!
Day Camp Program
- Sunday: Day campers check-in at 1:30pm and depart at 9:00pm
- Monday-Wednesday: Day campers arrive at 8:30am and depart at 4:00pm.
- Thursday: All campers check-out at 11:30am immediately following graduation.
Lunch is provided for all day campers.
Campers play daily at the nationally recognized Atkins Tennis Center and Khan Outdoor Tennis Complex, featuring 6 indoor and 20 lighted outdoor tennis courts. Home of the 2013 NCAA Men's and Women's Tennis Championship, this facility is outstanding.
2016: There will be A/C in the dorms for 2016! | Dorms TBD | 2015: Overnight Campers will stay on campus and eat in the dining facilities. Campers will sleep 2 per room (no triples available) and are assigned by age, gender and roommate requests.
Evening activities may include Movie night, Tournament Night, and Swimming.
There are no weekend stayovers offered at this location.
University of Illinois is within three hours driving distance from Chicago or St. Louis and is also accessible by air. The O’Hare & Midway bus service provides transportation between major Chicago airports and the University of Illinois campus.
Nike Tennis Camp does not provide any transportation to/from camp from airport, train stations or bus depots. If you fly into camp, we recommend that you fly directly to the General Wayne A. Downing Peoria International Airport, which enjoys daily jet service from Atlanta, Chicago, Denver, Detroit, Minneapolis-St. Paul, and St. Louis and schedule a public shuttle from the airport to camp. For info on shuttles, visit the airport’s ground transportation website at http://www.flypia.com/parking.php .
If you have a camper arriving by air and is deemed an “unaccompanied minor” by the airlines and must be met by a camp staff or shuttle company employee, there may be a fee that needs to be paid in advance of camp. You will still have to arrange transportation to/from camp. Please call 1-800-645-3226 two weeks prior to camp to provide camper’s flight and shuttle information.
In the case of rain we have indoor courts available for use as needed, and we will also cross train.
A detailed camper registration packet containing check in location, health/release forms, emergency contact info, and a list of things to bring will be emailed to all registered campers in the Spring. Our health and release forms do not require a doctor's signature and they will be collected on the first day of camp.
Camp Code: TNXRUI
Sample Daily Schedule
- 8:30am Stretching, Camp Meeting at Courts
- 8:45am Tennis Instruction
- 10:00am Break
- 10:15am Tennis Instruction and Drills
- 11:45am Lunch, Rest, Optional Tennis
- 1:15pm Tennis Program, Match Play
- 2:45pm Break
- 3:00pm Tennis Program, Doubles and Drills
- 4:00pm Conclusion of Daily Tennis Program
- 4:15pm Groups or Private Extra Help, Optional Tennis
- 5:00pm Rest, Shower, Dinner
- 7:15pm Evening Activity
- 9:00pm Extended Day Campers Depart
- 9:30pm Overnight Campers to Rooms
- 10:15pm Lights Out