2015 San Diego Nike Summer Tennis Camp Information
This year we are offering five weeks of Junior Overnight and Day Tennis Camp (8:30am-4:00pm) for kids ages 9-18 of all skill levels. We will also offer our High School Tennis Training Program during the final week of camp. Upon arrival, all participants are evaluated by the staff so that their own instructional needs can be addressed throughout the week.
High School Program
In addition to the "All Skills" program offered each week, our fifth session also offers a High School Program geared towards players ages 13-18 currently on their high school team and wanting to move up the ladder or those planning on making the high school team.
- All Campers: Sunday 12:30-2:00pm in front of the Mission Crossroads building. Looks for signs to Nike Tennis Camps to direct you.
- Campers should come dressed to play as we will head straight to the courts after check-in.
- Day Campers will depart that afternoon at 4:00pm.
- Graduation: Friday at 11:30am in front of the Mission Crossroads building.
- Check-out: Immediately following the graduation ceremony at the dorms.
Daily Program Schedule
- Day campers should be dropped every day (except first day) by 8:30am at the Skip and Cindy Hogan Tennis Center.
- Pick up time will be 4:45pm each day (except last day) at the courts.
- A more complete schedule will be given to you upon check-in.
Lunch is included for all Day Campers.
Campers play on 8 courts at the Skip and Cindy Hogan Tennis Center, located on the West side of the USD campus.
2015: Dorms TBD | 2014: Overnight campers will reside in the college dorms on campus and dine at the Student Life Pavilion. Campers stay 2 per room and are assigned rooms based on requests and then by age and gender. There is no A/C in the dorms, but they stay cool.
Evening activities may include a trip to the beach, Sports Night, Swimming, BBQ, Camp Dance.
Weekend stayovers are available at this location between sessions 1 & 2 and 3 & 4 only. Cost: $250. Includes meals, housing, and supervision.
International Camper Options
International campers seeking a Sport and Language program can find a list of camp sessions and a detailed description of our new programs by clicking this link. International campers seeking a Sport Only program, a multi-week sport camp experience, can easily combine any of our individual Tennis Camp sessions together with a weekend stay over to create the right camp program to fit your needs!
San Diego International
Transportation is not provided to/from the airport to camp. However, if your camper is flying in to San Diego International Airport the Director or a staff member will meet your son/daughter at the airport and arrange shuttle transportation to camp and then back to the airport on the return. The cost is $27 each way. Please call 858-382-6453 to make reservation and to provide your child's travel itinerary. Please make check payable to “Bill Scott” and bring to camp.
If you have a camper arriving by air and is deemed an “unaccompanied minor” by the airlines and must be met by a camp staff or shuttle company employee, there may be a fee that needs to be paid in advance of camp. You will still have to arrange transportation to/from camp. Please call 1-800-645-3226 two weeks prior to camp to provide camper’s flight and shuttle information.
A detailed camper registration packet containing check in location, health/release forms, emergency contact info, and a list of things to bring will be emailed to all registered campers in the Spring. Our health and release forms do not require a doctor's signature and they will be collected on the first day of camp.
Camp Code: TNXRSY
Sample Daily Schedule
- 7:30am Rise and Shine/Breakfast
- 8:30am Day Campers arrive. On Court Drills begin.
- Noon-1:30pm Lunch/Activities
- 1:30pm-4:00pm Team competition/Match Play
- 4:00pm Day campers depart
- 5:30pm-6:30pm Dinner
- 6:30pm-9:30pm Evening activity (Ping Pong Tournament, Foosball Tournament, Ice Cream Social, Movie Night)
- 10:00pm Lights out