2014 Camp Information
(Camp Code: TNXRRC)
This year we are offering three weeks of Overnight and Extended Day (8:30am-9:00pm) and Day (8:30am-5:30pm) camps for kids ages 9-18 of all abilities. In addition, we will also be offering a special Tournament Training session in July geared towards tournament level and ranked players (ages 11-18) looking to improve their tournament results, learn winning strategies, and work on mental toughness. All sessions includes a private lesson with a Nike Camp coach.
10 and Under Tennis:
In addition, we offer a “10 and Under Tennis” program, featuring the USTA’s successful new teaching format. This is an exciting new way kids 10 and under are learning to play tennis as well as compete. The courts are smaller and balls are low-compression so they are easier to hit, allowing kids to get to the ball and develop optimal swing patterns. It all makes it easy and fun for them to hit, play and score from the start, while developing skills that will last a lifetime. Please note: This program is optional and younger campers may opt to play regular tennis on the full courts. For more information on “10 and Under Tennis” programs nationwide, Click Here to check out the USTA website.
Upon arrival, all participants are evaluated by the staff so that their own instructional needs can be addressed throughout the week.
• Overnight Campers: 1:00-2:00pm on Sunday at Corinne Hall (2014). Follow signs for camp check-in
• Day & Extended Day Campers: 2:00-3:00pm on Sunday at Corinne Hall (2014). Campers should come dressed to play on Sunday. There is a full, afternoon/evening tennis session and dinner for extended day and overnight campers!
• Day Campers will depart that afternoon at 5:30pm.
• Extended Day Campers will depart that evening after dinner and evening activities at 8:30pm.
• Graduation: 4:30pm on Friday for all campers. Graduation location will be provided at registration. Parents are invited to and encouraged to attend!
• Check-out: Immediately following the graduation at 5:00pm.
Day & Extended Day Camper Information
• On Check-in day, Day campers stay until 5:30pm and Extended Day campers stay until 8:30pm.
• Monday through Thursday, Day campers come from 8:30am-5:30pm. Extended Day campers come from 8:30am to 9:00pm.
• Check-out for all campers is at 5:00pm, immediately after the 4:30pm Graduation on Friday.
• Meals: Lunch is provided for all Day campers. Lunch and dinner are provided for all Extended Day campers. Campers should eat breakfast at home.
Evening activities may include a pool party, pizza night, and movie night. Campers are supervised by Nike Camp staff at all times.
The campers play at the Bert Martin Tennis Facility, which includes 12 lighted outdoor tennis courts. They will have access to an indoor facility in case of rain.
Campers will reside in the Corinne dorms on campus (2014). Campers stay 2 per room and are assigned by age and roommate requests. A limited number of triples are available. There is A/C in the dorms.
Weekend stayovers are available and include housing, meals and supervision for Friday and Saturday night. Cost: $200/weekend. Available in 2014 between weeks 1 & 2 and 2 & 3 only.
Designated Airport: Orlando International Airport
Nike Tennis Camp does not provide any transportation to/from camp from airport, train stations or bus depots. If you fly into camp, we recommend that you fly into the Orlando airport and take Mears Transportation (407-423-5566 and/or www.mearstransportation.com) from airport to camp. Please contact Director Rita Gladstone if you will be arriving at camp via Mears Transportation.
If you have a camper arriving by air and is deemed an “unaccompanied minor” by the airlines and must be met by a camp staff or shuttle company employee, there may be a fee that needs to be paid in advance of camp. You will still have to arrange transportation to/from camp. Please call 1-800-645-3226 two weeks prior to camp to provide camper’s flight and shuttle information.
A detailed camper registration packet containing check in location, health/release forms, emergency contact info, and a list of things to bring will be emailed to all registered campers in the Spring. Our health and release forms do not require a doctor's signature and they will be collected on the first day of camp.
Founded in 1885, Rollins College is the oldest institution of higher learning in Florida. Rollins is set on a picturesque 67-acre campus on the shores of Lake Virginia, in the heart of Winter Park.
The campers play at the outstanding Bert martin Tennis Facility, which includes 12 lighted outdoor tennis courts. They will have access to an indoor facility in case of rain.
Sample Daily Schedule
- 7:00am Wake up
- 7:30am Breakfast
- 8:30am-11:30am Tennis instruction, drills
- 11:30am-1:30pm Lunch, rest
- 1:30pm-4:00pm Afternoon tennis (Instruction, Davis Cup competition, games)
- 4:00pm-5:30pm Optional tennis, pool, store trip, rest
- 5:30pm-6:30pm Dinner
- 7:00pm Evening activities: movies, night tennis, talent show, karaoke, camp dance
- 10:00pm Lights out