Rollins College Nike Tennis Camp Winter Park, Florida
Spend your summer at tennis camp working on your tennis game and making new friends! The Nike Tennis Camp at Rollins College is a summer camp for young athletes ages 9-18 of all skill levels to come and vastly improve their tennis game.
At the Nike Tennis Camp at Rollins College campers will work hard and have a lot of fun. Our goal is to give players the opportunity to hit thousands of balls, improve their technique, and be challenged by some of the best players in their peer group. Our camps combine technical tennis instruction and drilling from a top notch coaching staff, supervised match play, and some free time to spend with friends.
Campers will be able to enjoy the campus's outstanding athletic facilities, which include playing fields, a swimming pool, gymnasium and recreation center.
International Campers Welcome!
International campers seeking a multi-week sport camp experience, can easily combine any of our individual Tennis Camp sessions together with a weekend stay over to create the right camp program to fit your needs!
- Daily instruction from top teaching pros, Andy and Rita Gladstone, and their experienced staff
- Special Tournament Training week offered in July!
- We offer a "10 and Under Tennis" program, featuring smaller courts and lighter, lower-bouncing balls
- Every camper receives a Nike Tennis Camp T-shirt
- 5-6 hours of daily instruction with low camper to staff ratio and 24 hour supervision
- Fun off-court evening activities for overnight campers
Founded in 1885, Rollins College is the oldest institution of higher learning in Florida. Rollins is set on a picturesque 67-acre campus on the shores of Lake Virginia, in the heart of Winter Park.
The campers play at the outstanding Bert martin Tennis Facility, which includes 12 lighted outdoor tennis courts. They will have access to an indoor facility in case of rain.Meet your coaching staff
Andy and Rita Gladstone return for their fourteenth (2013) year as directors of the Nike Tennis Camp at Rollins College. Andy is a USPTA/USPTR professional with over 21 years experience working with junior players. Currently serving as the Director of Competitive Tennis for USTA Florida, Andy is an enthusiastic promoter of tennis throughout Florida.
Rita Gladstone is a USPTA certified professional, former #1 player at the University of South Carolina and competed professionally on the WTA Tour. The Gladstones are the 2008 recipent of USTA Florida "Family of the Year" award. Andy and Rita have over twenty years experience developing junior players.
2014 Camp Information
(Camp Code: TNXRRC)
This year we are offering three weeks of Overnight and Extended Day (8:30am-9:00pm) and Day (8:30am-5:30pm) camps for kids ages 9-18 of all abilities. In addition, we will also be offering a special Tournament Training session in July geared towards tournament level and ranked players (ages 11-18) looking to improve their tournament results, learn winning strategies, and work on mental toughness. All sessions includes a private lesson with a Nike Camp coach.
10 and Under Tennis:
In addition, we offer a “10 and Under Tennis” program, featuring the USTA’s successful new teaching format. This is an exciting new way kids 10 and under are learning to play tennis as well as compete. The courts are smaller and balls are low-compression so they are easier to hit, allowing kids to get to the ball and develop optimal swing patterns. It all makes it easy and fun for them to hit, play and score from the start, while developing skills that will last a lifetime. Please note: This program is optional and younger campers may opt to play regular tennis on the full courts. For more information on “10 and Under Tennis” programs nationwide, Click Here to check out the USTA website.
Upon arrival, all participants are evaluated by the staff so that their own instructional needs can be addressed throughout the week.
• Overnight Campers: 1:00-2:00pm on Sunday at the dorm. Follow signs for camp check-in
• Day & Extended Day Campers: 2:00-3:00pm on Sunday at the dorm. Campers should come dressed to play on Sunday. There is a full, afternoon/evening tennis session and dinner for all campers!
• Day Campers will depart that afternoon at 5:30pm.
• Extended Day Campers will depart that evening after dinner and evening activities at 8:30pm.
• Graduation: 4:30pm on Friday for all campers. Graduation location will be provided at registration. Parents are invited to and encouraged to attend!
• Check-out: Immediately following the graduation at 5:30pm.
Day & Extended Day Camper Information
• On Check-in day, Day campers stay until 5:30pm and Extended Day campers stay until 8:30pm.
• Monday through Thursday, Day campers come from 8:30am-5:30pm. Extended Day campers come from 8:30am to 9:00pm.
• Check-out for all campers is at 5:00pm, immediately after the 4:30pm Graduation on Friday.
• Meals: Lunch is provided for all Day campers. Lunch and dinner are provided for all Extended Day campers. Campers should eat breakfast at home.
Evening activities may include a pool party, pizza night, and movie night. Campers are supervised by Nike Camp staff at all times.
The campers play at the Bert Martin Tennis Facility, which includes 12 lighted outdoor tennis courts. They will have access to an indoor facility in case of rain.
Campers will reside in Cross Hall on campus. Campers stay 2 per room and are assigned by age and roommate requests. A limited number of triples are available. There is A/C in the dorms.
Weekend stayovers are available and include housing, meals and supervision for Friday and Saturday night. Cost: $200/weekend. Available in 2014 between weeks 1 & 2 and 2 & 3 only.
Designated Airport: Orlando International Airport
Nike Tennis Camp does not provide any transportation to/from camp from airport, train stations or bus depots. If you fly into camp, we recommend that you fly into the Orlando airport and take Mears Transportation (407-423-5566 and/or www.mearstransportation.com) from airport to camp. Please contact Director Rita Gladstone if you will be arriving at camp via Mears Transportation.
If you have a camper arriving by air and is deemed an “unaccompanied minor” by the airlines and must be met by a camp staff or shuttle company employee, there may be a fee that needs to be paid in advance of camp. You will still have to arrange transportation to/from camp. Please call 1-800-645-3226 two weeks prior to camp to provide camper’s flight and shuttle information.
A detailed camper registration packet containing check in location, health/release forms, emergency contact info, and a list of things to bring will be emailed to all registered campers in the Spring. Our health and release forms do not require a doctor's signature and they will be collected on the first day of camp.
Sample Daily Schedule
- 7:00am Wake up
- 7:30am Breakfast
- 8:30am-11:30am Tennis instruction, drills
- 11:30am-1:30pm Lunch, rest
- 1:30pm-4:00pm Afternoon tennis (Instruction, Davis Cup competition, games)
- 4:00pm-5:30pm Optional tennis, pool, store trip, rest
- 5:30pm-6:30pm Dinner
- 7:00pm Evening activities: movies, night tennis, talent show, karaoke, camp dance
- 10:00pm Lights out