2014 Camp Information
(Camp Code: TNXDSE)
This year we are offering seven weeks of day camp for players ages 5-18 of all skill levels. Campers can choose to participate in the Full Day (9:00am-4:00pm), AM Half Day (9:00am-Noon) or PM Half Day (1:00pm-4:00pm) programs.
In addition to the general sessions, this year the TheSeattle University Camp will offer QuickStart sessions designed for players aged 5-10. Fun and Fundamental sessions are a positive introduction to tennis fundamentals and low key match play situations for younger campers. Many of these programs will use short court teaching. This program runs from 9:00am-Noon during all camp sessions.
Upon arrival, all participants are evaluated by the staff so that their own instructional needs can be addressed throughout the week.
• “AM” Half- day and Day Campers: 8:30 am the first day of camp at the Tennis Courts
• “PM” Half-day campers: 12:30 pm the first day of camp at the Tennis Courts
• Campers should come dressed to play as we will head straight to the courts after check-in.
• “AM” Half Day Campers: 12:00 noon the last day of camp at the Tennis Courts
• “PM” Half Day and Full Day campers: 4:00pm the last day of camp at the Tennis Courts
Daily Program Schedule & Information
All sessions run Monday-Thursday.
FULL DAY: 9:00am - 4:00pm
AM HALF DAY: 9:00am - 12:00pm
PM HALF DAY: 1:00pm - 4:00pm
Full day campers bring their lunch each day. Half day campers do not eat lunch at camp.
Campers will play on 4 outdoor and 2 indoor courts.
A detailed camper registration packet containing check in location, health/release forms, emergency contact info, and a list of things to bring will be emailed to all registered campers in the Spring. Our health and release forms do not require a doctor's signature and they will be collected on the first day of camp.
Campers will play at Seattle University's tennis facility featuring 4 outdoor and 2 indoor courts. Campers will have access to Seattle University's beautiful new recreational facility which includes an indoor gym and sports fields.
Sample Daily Schedule
- 8:30am Stretching, Camp Meeting at Courts
- 8:45am Tennis Instruction
- 10:00am Break
- 10:15am Tennis Instruction and Drills
- 11:45am Lunch, Rest, Optional Tennis
- 1:15pm Tennis Program, Match Play
- 2:45pm Break
- 3:00pm Tennis Program, Doubles and Drills
- 4:00pm Conclusion of Daily Tennis Program