Nike Volleyball Camp San Antonio San Antonio, Texas
Nike Volleyball Camps is proud to announce our new location taking place at the George Maronite Community Center in San Antonio, Texas.
Nike Volleyball Camps strive to provide campers with a solid foundation to build upon after camp. Players are evaluated and placed into groups based on age and ability to ensure all campers are challenged. Girls of all ability levels are welcome to attend. Campers will be trained in all the fundamentals of volleyball – including serving, position work, match play and technique.
Campers ages 8-12 train from 8:30am-12:30pm daily. Campers ages 12-17 train from 1:00pm-5:00pm daily.
- Excellent training facilities
- Coach to camper ratio is 1:10
- Players grouped by age and ability level
- Four hours of instruction daily
- Personal evaluations from your coach
- Nike Volleyball camp T-shirt
Camp sessions are held at George Maronite Community Center.Meet your coaching staff
• Currently the head volleyball coach at O’Connor High School in Helotes, Texas with a win-loss record of 489-159.
• Named San Antonio Express-News “Coach of the Year” in 2001 and 2007.
• Chosen by the Texas Girl’s Coaches Association to speak at the 2012 TGCA coaching clinic.
• In her 16 seasons at O’Connor, Garcia has led her teams to 15 consecutive 5A playoff births including 2 appearances at the Regional Finals.
• Played 4 years of college volleyball at Angelo State University where she is the 3rd Highest All-Time Career Leader for Assists with 4,752.
• Earned AVCA All-Region Honors as well as a 2x All-Time All-LSC Selection
2014 CAMP INFORMATION
The NIKE Volleyball camp at the George Maronite Community Center provides campers with top quality instruction plus:
Camp runs from 8:30am-12:30pm Monday-Thursday for girls ages 8-12. Camp runs from 1:00pm-5:00pm for girls ages 12-17. Lunch is not provided.
Volleyballs: Molten Volleyballs may be purchased when you register for camp for an additional $15. Volleyballs must be paid for at the time of registration. Campers do not need to bring a ball to camp and purchasing one is optional.
*Please note, this information is subject to change.
Check in: 30 minutes before the session starts on Monday June 30th
Check out: graduation is on Thursday July 3rd
**NOTE: There is NO SUPERVISION before or after camp. Please be on time to pick up your camper.
Players Grouped by: skill, age, years of experience
Equipment Needed:2 T-Shirts, 1-2 pairs knee pads, 1 pair of gym shorts or spandex, 2 pairs of socks, 1 pair of volleyball shoes (well broken in), 1 pair of shoes to wear to gym, gym bag, water bottle
Sample Daily Schedule
- Morning Session
- 8:30-8:45 Stretch and warm-up
- 8:45-9:30 Teach Passing and Setting
- 9:30-10:10 Teach Serve Receive Patterns appropriate for skill level
- 10:10-10:45 Teach Serving and Serving Areas
- 10:45-11:25 Teach Hitting technique
- 11:25-12:00 Teach Defensive Movement and placement on the court
- 12:00-12:30 6v6 Drills appropriate to skill level/Review days teachings
- Afternoon Session
- 1:00-1:15 Stretch and warm-up
- 1:15-2:00 Teach Passing and Setting
- 2:00-2:40 Teach Serve Receive Patterns appropriate for skill level
- 2:40-3:15 Teach Serving and Serving Areas
- 3:15-4:00 Teach Hitting technique
- 4:00-4:30 Teach Defensive Movement and placement on the court
- 4:30-5:00 6v6 Drills appropriate to skill level/Review days teachings
Team Discount: If eight or more campers register together, as a group by mail or fax, each camper will receive a $30 discount. Click “Get Brochure” above and print the application. All applications must be received at the same time via mail or fax. If all members of your group pay with a Visa or MasterCard, feel free to fax your applications to 415-479-6061 to expedite processing. Late or individual registrations are not eligible to receive the group discount.Read camper reviews