2014 CAMP INFORMATION
The NIKE Volleyball camp at the George Maronite Community Center provides campers with top quality instruction plus:
Camp runs from 8:30am-12:30pm Monday-Thursday for girls ages 8-12. Camp runs from 1:00pm-5:00pm for girls ages 12-17. Lunch is not provided.
Volleyballs: Molten Volleyballs may be purchased when you register for camp for an additional $15. Volleyballs must be paid for at the time of registration. Campers do not need to bring a ball to camp and purchasing one is optional.
*Please note, this information is subject to change.
Check in: 30 minutes before the session starts on Monday June 30th
Check out: graduation is on Thursday July 3rd
**NOTE: There is NO SUPERVISION before or after camp. Please be on time to pick up your camper.
Players Grouped by: skill, age, years of experience
Equipment Needed:2 T-Shirts, 1-2 pairs knee pads, 1 pair of gym shorts or spandex, 2 pairs of socks, 1 pair of volleyball shoes (well broken in), 1 pair of shoes to wear to gym, gym bag, water bottle
Team Discount: If eight or more campers register together, as a group by mail or fax, each camper will receive a $30 discount. Click “Get Brochure” above and print the application. All applications must be received at the same time via mail or fax. If all members of your group pay with a Visa or MasterCard, feel free to fax your applications to 415-479-6061 to expedite processing. Late or individual registrations are not eligible to receive the group discount.
Camp sessions are held at George Maronite Community Center.
Sample Daily Schedule
- Morning Session
- 8:30-8:45 Stretch and warm-up
- 8:45-9:30 Teach Passing and Setting
- 9:30-10:10 Teach Serve Receive Patterns appropriate for skill level
- 10:10-10:45 Teach Serving and Serving Areas
- 10:45-11:25 Teach Hitting technique
- 11:25-12:00 Teach Defensive Movement and placement on the court
- 12:00-12:30 6v6 Drills appropriate to skill level/Review days teachings
- Afternoon Session
- 1:00-1:15 Stretch and warm-up
- 1:15-2:00 Teach Passing and Setting
- 2:00-2:40 Teach Serve Receive Patterns appropriate for skill level
- 2:40-3:15 Teach Serving and Serving Areas
- 3:15-4:00 Teach Hitting technique
- 4:00-4:30 Teach Defensive Movement and placement on the court
- 4:30-5:00 6v6 Drills appropriate to skill level/Review days teachings