Camp Localhost: Summer Gaming and Esports Camp at Denver
BUILDING HEALTHY GAMING HABITS, COMMUNICATION, PROBLEM-SOLVING, AND SOCIAL CONFIDENCE THROUGH GAMING IN DENVER
Camp Localhost, powered by Nerd Street, takes a unique approach to gaming through in-person video game and esports camps. Our week-long summer experience offers a robust camp that allows kids who are interested in gaming to meet and engage with their peers in a fun and safe atmosphere. Our engaging and educational esports programs balance on-screen gameplay with off-screen activities to help kids think critically about gaming while participating in an active, social, and cognitive curriculum. Through a positive and supportive environment, we help young gamers build healthy gaming habits while developing their skills around teamwork, leadership, collaboration, and trust to inspire them to become the next generation of gamers.
- A curated, social curriculum led by professional staff
- Access to all age-appropriate games at Localhost played on our professional grade gaming PCs
- No minimum level of gaming experience is necessary to sign up! All gamers are welcome!
- Each day campers take part in off-screen and on-screen activities focusing on skills such as team building, communication, leadership, and critical thinking.
- View More Details ⟩
- All gamers 9-15 are welcome! Campers do not need a minimum level of gaming experience to participate.
- Each day campers take part in off-screen and on-screen activities such as: video game trivia, relay race style physical activities, friendly staff led tournaments, in game challenges, and more!
- Campers will get to experience gaming and esports in a whole new way as industry experts from the esports world join periodically throughout the week to participate in Q&A’s with the campers.
- Campers can play their favorite titles independently or join team games organized by the camp staff.
- Campers have access to play all age-appropriate games available at Localhost. (A limited selection of staff reviewed T for Teen games will be available for campers in the 9-13-year-old camps.)
Camp Questions & Answers
WHAT IS YOUR CANCELLATION POLICY?
Cancellations, for any reason, received at least two (2) weeks before camp start date, will result in a camp VOUCHER for all tuition fees paid, valid through the following calendar year. Your VOUCHER is transferable to any family member and may be used for any program in partnership with US Sports Camps. Cash refunds will be given only with the purchase of Cancellation Protection (terms at check-out).
Those who cancel their camp session within thirteen (13) days of the camp start date will receive a camp VOUCHER for 50% of the camp tuition. Individuals who DO NOT attend their registered session (no-shows) will forfeit their full tuition payment.
WILL MY CHILD NEED TO BRING THEIR OWN GAMING EQUIPMENT/ACCESSORIES?
All gaming equipment will be provided at camp. This includes headsets, keyboards, mice, and controllers. There is no need to bring any equipment, but you are more than welcome to bring your own if you prefer!
WILL LUNCH BE SERVED AT CAMP?
There will be a break for lunch each day, and campers are expected to bring a filled water bottle and a nut-free lunch which does not require refrigeration in air-tight containers.
DO YOU OFFER EARLY DROP OFF AND LATE PICK UP?
Campers may be dropped off as early as 8:45am and picked up as late as 3:15pm.
LOST AND FOUND
Lost Items – Camp Localhost is not responsible for lost or stolen items. Found items may be held at Camp Localhost until the last day of camp. Any remaining lost and found items will be discarded at the end of the camp season.
HOW IS YOUR STAFF KEEPING THE CAMP VENUE CLEAN AND SANITIZED THIS SUMMER?
Our staff has implemented new cleaning procedures to help keep campers and customers safe, including thorough cleaning of all gaming equipment, door handles, and more!
NOT A CHILD CARE FACILITY
Please note that Camp Localhost is not a child-care facility or day-care center and is not otherwise licensed or overseen by any governmental authority in any state where in operation.
June 24, 2022: For me as a parent, [the camp director's] willingness to be very approachable, informative and friendly. His enthusiasm for the camp made me know that my child would have a wonderful experience all around. For my child, the mix of activities was super fun for him and he really appreciated that he was able to choose a lot of the games he could play.
June 24, 2022: My son LOVED the camp so much we plan to sign him up for another this summer. It was great to have a camp that validated his passion in esports vs the negative talk around gaming.
June 16, 2023: The staff really engaged with the kids and made it a meaningful experience
August 9, 2022: They liked mentally designing a new video game, and playing PVP in destiny.
My son had such an great time
SECURE YOUR SPOT – CAMPS SELL OUT!
Last year over 650 Sports Camps sold out, leaving 7,000+ campers on the waitlist. Due to high demand, early registration for our first-come-first-serve camps is strongly recommended.