Major League Rugby Camps, Houston SaberCats
Improve your skills at Major League Rugby Camps
Major League Rugby Camps is excited to offer summer camps in Houston, TX at the SaberCats Stadium! Powered by the Houston SaberCats, this program offers beginner players the introduction to rugby in a safe and healthy learning environment. Join the Houston SaberCats and have fun this summer!
HALF DAY CAMP
Join professional SaberCat players for an exclusive week-long training experience like no other. This program provides a fun rugby experience geared towards players new to the sport or individuals wanting to give it a try in a safe, fun and non-competitive environment. The Half Day Camp includes a fun, no-contact introduction to rugby, fundamental drills and skills training, strength and conditioning sessions, engaging team-buildings activities, film review, and fun games. Campers will be grouped accordingly by age and skill level. Please note: Lunch is not included.
Morning Half Day Camp runs from 9:00am - 12:00pm (ages 6-12)
Evening Half Day Camp runs from 3:00pm - 6:00pm (ages 13-17)
- Instruction from professional Houston SaberCat players
- Fun atmosphere, no-contact rugby instruction for new or developing players
- Team building and personal development with an emphasis on respect on and off the field in rugby
- Learning tasks based around different cultures from our international coaches and staff
- Houston SaberCats T-shirt provided to all campers
- Fun rugby themed challenges, water games, and competitions
- Healthy and positive learning environment designed to assist each player to improve
- View More Details ⟩
Academy Director & Assistant Sabercats Coach Mike Brown
Mike Brown will serve as Camp Director for the Major League Rugby Camps, Houston SaberCats.
Director of Community Relations Struan Elliot
Struan Elliot will serve as Camp Coordinator for the Major League Rugby Camps, Houston SaberCats.
Community Coach Zach Pangelinan
Zach Pangelinan will serve as Community Coach for the Major League Rugby Camps, Houston SaberCats.
Major League Rugby Camps offer players the individualized coaching needed to improve their skill-set and gain a deeper understanding of the game. The camp is for rugby players 6-17 years old (varies by program) and is the perfect blend of fun, top-tier coaching, and safe and effective techniques from the international and professional level. The Houston SaberCats has developed a curriculum to suit new and beginner players and each participant can leave at the end of the week with a greater confidence and passion for the game.
*Please note that all camp details are subject to change or cancellation
SECURE YOUR SPOT!
You can expect high demand on these first-come-first-serve camper spots, so please be sure to register early.
- Dates: July 8-12
- Age Group: 6-17 (varies by program)
- Gender: Coed
- Camp Type: Morning & Evening Half Day Camps available
- Morning Half Day: 9:00am - 12:00pm (ages 6-12)
- Evening Half Day: 3:00pm - 6:00pm (ages 13-17)
- Check-In: Campers check-in 15 minutes early each day at the practice facility.
- Check-Out: Morning campers will be picked up by 12:00pm. Evening campers will be picked up by 6:00pm each day.
- Practice Facility: SaberCats Stadium
- Lunch: Lunch is NOT provided for campers.
Please note: Camp schedules and details may be subject to change.
WHAT'S INCLUDED IN THE FEE?
- Instruction: Introduction to rugby, fundamental drills and skills training, strength and conditioning sessions, engaging team-buildings activities, film review, and fun games.
- Supervision: Campers are supervised by staff during camp hours.
- T-Shirt: Houston SaberCats T-shirt provided to all campers
INSTRUCTION, EQUIPMENT & FACILITY
- Groupings: Campers are grouped by age, ability, and experience.
- Equipment Needed: Please see checklist below.
- Facility: SaberCats Stadium
- Medical Protocol: Camp will have on-site staff to help with illness or injury. In case of an emergency, campers will be transported to the nearest hospital.
PREPARE FOR CAMP: COMPLETE YOUR PRE-CAMP CHECKLIST
To view your customer account, complete your mandatory forms, pay balance dues, and review important camp information, visit Pre-Camp Checklist. All necessary camp information is on this page. If there are any imperative changes prior to camp start, registered campers will be notified via email and this webpage will be updated!
CHECKLIST OF THINGS TO BRING
US Sports Camps, Major League Rugby, San Diego Legion and the facilities being utilized are NOT responsible for lost or stolen articles or money. Below is a suggested list of clothes, equipment and personal items. We recommend that you do not send unnecessary items of clothing, which can get lost. Camper bags may be inspected upon check in or at any time during camp to ensure no drugs, alcohol or other improper substances are brought to camp.
- Running/Tennis shoes
- Mouth guard
- Scrum cap (optional)
- Other athletic shorts/shirts
- Sweatshirt/warm up jacket and pants
- Water Bottle**
- Campers will be provided a Houston SaberCats T-shirt to wear during camp and one which they will get to keep
- Signed Health & Release forms and waivers (forms completed online do not need to be printed and turned in at camp)
US Sports Camps does not provide transportation to and from airports, bus depots, or train stations.
For information regarding our cancellation policy and all other company policies, please visit USSC Policies.
SECURE YOUR SPOT – CAMPS SELL OUT!
Last year over 650 Sports Camps sold out, leaving 7,000+ campers on the waitlist. Due to high demand, early registration for our first-come-first-serve camps is strongly recommended.