Major League Rugby Camps, San Diego Legion
Improve your skills at Major League Rugby Camps
Major League Rugby Camps is excited to offer summer camps in San Diego, CA at the Legion HQ! Powered by the San Diego Legion, this program offers beginner players the introduction to rugby in a safe and healthy learning environment. From the basics to position-specific skills training, these camps provide everyone the opportunity to train like a pro!
FULL DAY CAMP
Join professional Legion players for an exclusive three-day training experience like no other. The day camp runs from 9:00am - 3:00pm including an introduction to rugby, fundamental drills and skills training, strength and conditioning sessions, engaging team-buildings activities, film review, and fun competitive games. Campers will be grouped accordingly by age and skill level. Please note: Lunch is not included. Campers must bring their own lunch each day.
- Instruction from professional San Diego Legion players
- Introduction to rugby and skill-based group structuring to maximize the advantage for players of all abilities
- Training Sessions & Drills including
- Fun rugby themed challenges and competitions
- San Diego Legion T-Shirt provided to all campers
- Healthy and positive learning environment designed to assist each player to improve
- View More Details ⟩
Staff San Diego Legion Staff
The San Diego Legion Staff consists of current and former professional players.
Major League Rugby Camps offer players the individualized coaching needed to improve their skill-set and gain a deeper understanding of the game. The camp (for rugby players 8-14 years old) is the perfect blend of fun, top-tier coaching, and safe and effective techniques. The San Diego Legion has developed a curriculum to suit players of all skill levels and each participant can leave at the end of the week with a greater confidence and passion for the game.
*Please note that all camp details are subject to change or cancellation
SECURE YOUR SPOT!
You can expect high demand on these first-come-first-serve camper spots, so please be sure to register early.
- Dates: 2024 Camp Dates Coming Soon
- Age Group: 8-14
- Gender: Coed
- Camp Type: Full Day Camps available
- Full Day: 2024 Camp Dates Coming Soon
- Check-In: Campers check in at 8:45am each day at the practice facility.
- Check-Out: Campers will be picked up at 3:00pm each day.
- Practice Facility: TBD - Field address will be sent out prior to camp.
- Lunch: Lunch is NOT provided for campers. Please bring a packed lunch
Please note: Camp schedules and details may be subject to change.
WHAT'S INCLUDED IN THE FEE?
- Instruction: Introduction to rugby, fundamental drills and skills training, strength and conditioning sessions, engaging team-buildings activities, film review, and fun competitive games.
- Supervision: Campers are supervised by staff during camp hours.
INSTRUCTION, EQUIPMENT & FACILITY
- Groupings: Campers are grouped by age, ability, and experience.
- Equipment Needed: Please see checklist below.
- Facility: San Diego Legion HQ
- Medical Protocol: Camp will have on-site staff to help with illness or injury. In case of an emergency, campers will be transported to the nearest hospital.
PREPARE FOR CAMP: COMPLETE YOUR PRE-CAMP CHECKLIST
To view your customer account, complete your mandatory forms, pay balance dues, and review important camp information, visit Pre-Camp Checklist. All necessary camp information is on this page. If there are any imperative changes prior to camp start, registered campers will be notified via email and this webpage will be updated!
CHECKLIST OF THINGS TO BRING
US Sports Camps, Major League Rugby, San Diego Legion and the facilities being utilized are NOT responsible for lost or stolen articles or money. Below is a suggested list of clothes, equipment and personal items. We recommend that you do not send unnecessary items of clothing, which can get lost. Camper bags may be inspected upon check in or at any time during camp to ensure no drugs, alcohol or other improper substances are brought to camp.
- Running/Tennis shoes
- Mouth guard
- Scrum cap (optional)
- Other athletic shorts/shirts
- Sweatshirt/warm up jacket and pants
- Water Bottle**
- Campers will be provided a SD Legion t-shirt to wear during camp and one which they will get to keep
- Signed Health & Release forms and waivers (forms completed online do not need to be printed and turned in at camp)
US Sports Camps does not provide transportation to and from airports, bus depots, or train stations.
For information regarding our cancellation policy and all other company policies, please visit USSC Policies.
5816 Dryden Pl #203, Carlsbad, CA 92008
Please note: Camp schedules may be subject to change.
- 8:45am - 9:00am Registration and Welcome Orientation
- 9:00am - 10:00am Introduction to Rugby - Brief presentation on the basics of rugby, Emphasize safety rules and good sportsmanship, Warm-up exercises and stretches
- 10:00am - 10:15am Snack Break
- 10:15am - 12:00pm Skills Training Session: Passing and catching techniques, Ball handling drills, Introduction to basic game rules
- 12:00pm - 1:00pm Lunch
- 1:00pm - 1:45pm Gym - Strength & Conditioning
- 1:45pm - 2:00pm Snack Break
- 2:00pm - 2:30pm Crafts
- 2:30pm - 3:00pm Fun Challenges and Wrap-Up - Agility and speed drills, Fun challenges and competitions, Q&A session and camp recap
- 8:45am - 9:00am Check-in
- 9:00am - 9:30am Morning Warm-up - Dynamic warm-up exercises, Review of previous day's skills
- 9:30am - 10:30am Advanced Skills Training - Tackling techniques, Rucking and mauling drills, Position-specific skills
- 10:30am-10:45am Snack Break
- 10:45am - 12:00pm Team Building Activities - Trust exercises and team bonding activities, Communication drills, Introduction to set plays
- 12:00pm - 1:00pm Lunch
- 1:00pm - 1:30pm Film Review
- 1:30pm - 1:45pm Snack Break
- 1:45pm - 2:15pm Crafts
- 2:15pm - 3:00pm Fun Challenges and Wrap-Up - Agility and speed drills, Fun challenges and competitions, Q&A session and camp recap
SECURE YOUR SPOT – CAMPS SELL OUT!
Last year over 650 Sports Camps sold out, leaving 7,000+ campers on the waitlist. Due to high demand, early registration for our first-come-first-serve camps is strongly recommended.