Nike Tennis Camp at St. Timothy's School
Improve your game and have serious fun
at Nike Tennis Camps
The Nike Tennis Camp at St. Timothy's School features a safe, fun and learning environment for boys and girls ages 6-17. St. Timothy's School's state-of-the-art facilities include six recently resurfaced Harvey-Welles tennis courts, on which campers will train and compete.
Our Nike Tennis Camp at St. Timothy's School offers four sessions, including Full Day (9:00am-3:00pm) and Half Day (9:00am-12:00noon) program options.
- All Skills and "10 and Under Tennis" programs offered
- A maximum of 6:1 camper to staff ratio
- Coaching instruction from professional and experienced coaches
- View More Details ⟩
Camp Director Terry Solins
Terry Solins is the camp director of the Nike Tennis Camps at St. Timothy's SchoolView Terry's Bio ⟩
- coaching private Maryland and Florida High School Girls Tennis Teams for past 3 years
- competes in regional and national senior women's events
- ranked as high as number 3 nationally in 35 age division
- graduated from the University of Miami with a BS in Computer Science while on a tennis scholarship
- won the National Collegiate USTA Doubles Championships
- ranked number 1 in Maryland and Mid-Atlantic 18 and under division
- retired from Northrop Grumman Corporation in 2016 after holding several positions including Director of Software Engineering, leading a 200 person department; Director of Engineering Program Management, responsible for several high profile programs; and Director of Talent Acquisition responsible for the hiring of all new grad and intern positions
We offer Full Day (9:00am-3:00pm) and Half Day (9:00am-12:00noon) camps for boys and girls, ages 6-17, with All Skills and 10&Under Tennis programs offered all weeks.
2019 Camp Dates
- June 17-21
- June 24-28
- July 8-12
- August 12-16
Camp Program Offerings
All sessions are open to players of all abilities. Upon arrival, all participants are evaluated by the staff so that their own instructional needs can be addressed throughout the week.
All Skills Program
The All Skills program is designed for tennis players of any skill level and background. Campers will learn fundamentals and improve upon their game.
10 and Under Tennis
The “10 and Under Tennis” program features the USTA’s successful teaching format. This is an exciting way kids 10 and under are learning to play tennis as well as compete. The courts are smaller and balls are low-compression so they are easier to hit, allowing kids to get to the ball and develop optimal swing patterns. It all makes it easy and fun for them to hit, play and score from the start while developing skills that will last a lifetime. Please note: This program is optional and younger campers may opt to play regular tennis on the full courts.
- Monday-Friday: Drop off is at 8:45am for all campers at the tennis courts. Campers should come dressed to play.
- Half day campers will check out of camp at 12:00pm every day.
- Full day campers will check out at 3:00pm every day.
Daily Program Schedule
- Half Day Campers: 9:00am-12:00pm on Monday - Friday
- Full Day Campers: 9:00am-3:00pm on Monday-Friday
Full Day Campers should bring their own lunch. Half Day campers leave before lunch.
Campers will play on six recently resurfaced Harvey-Welles tennis courts.
A detailed camper registration packet containing check in location, health/release forms, emergency contact info, and a list of things to bring will be emailed to all registered campers in the Spring. Our health and release forms do not require a doctor's signature and they will be collected on the first day of camp.
Camp Code: TNXDSM
Sample Daily Schedule
- 8:45am Drop-Off
- 9:00am Warm-Up
- 9:30am-12:00noon Drilling | Conditioning | Off Court Fun
- 12:00noon Half Day Campers Depart | Lunch Break for Full Day Campers
- 1:00pm Tennis | Match Play | Games
- 3:00pm Full Day Campers Depart