Clinic Code: BAXDFU
Daily hours are from 9 a.m. - 12 p.m. Individual and small group instruction by position. All aspects of the game are covered from hitting, fielding, baserunning, along with team offense and defense. Games are played daily. Campers should pack a snack each day.
Fairfield University, a lovely private school in suburban Fairfield just one hour from New York City, is a new host to the Nike Baseball Camp. The five-day camp gives players of all ability levels a challenging but fun week of baseball play and competition.
Campers will train on Fairfield University's field, the Alumni Baseball Diamond. The facility includes seating for nearly 1,000 fans behind home plate and along both baselines. The field dimensions are 330 feet down the lines, 400 feet to center field and 370 feet in the power alleys. The facility includes batting cages and bullpens for both teams, helping make Alumni Baseball Diamond one of the finest intercollegiate facilities in the Metro Atlantic Athletic Conference, as well as in the region.
* In case of inclement weather, camp will be held in the Walsh Athletic Center.
As a team, Fairfield led the MAAC in pick-offs (14); was third in sacrifice hits (44); fourth in: triples (10), stolen bases (63), fielding double plays (45), ERA (4.79), WHIP (1.49), and opponent batting average (.275); fifth in: batting average (.262), slugging percentage (.333), runs (252), and RBI (217); and sixth in hits (424).
- Two Stags earned All-MAAC honors with Ryan Plourde being named to the All-MAAC First Team and Jack Giannini earning All-MAAC Second Team honors.
- Pitcher Mike Wallace was named the Fairfield University Freshman Athlete of the Year.
Sample Daily Schedule
- 8:45 a.m. Arrival
- 9:00 a.m. Stretching, Warm Up, Throw
- 9:30 a.m. Defensive Skills
- 10:15 a.m. Snack Break
- 10:30 a.m. Offensive Skills
- 11:15 p.m. Games
- 12:00 p.m. Campers depart