This winter, The Goalie School is offering one session of overnight with a commuter (Extended Day Camp 9:00 AM to 8:00 PM) option available at the Vero Beach Sports Village. Come see why this goalie camp is filled before any other goalie camp in the country.
OVERNIGHT CAMP AMENITIES
• 2 nights lodging • All meals
• Reversible Nike practice jersey
EXTENDED DAY CAMP AMENITIES
• Lunch & dinner
• Reversible Nike practice jersey
• Camp hours: FRI 2PM-8PM, SAT 9AM-8PM, SUN 9AM-12PM
A detailed camper registration packet containing check-in location, health/release forms, emergency contact info, and a list of things to bring will be emailed to all registered campers prior to camp. Our health and release forms do not require a doctor's signature and they will be collected on the first day of camp.
- CHECK-IN: Check-in takes between 12:00-2:00pm on Friday, December 15th.
- CHECK-OUT: Check-out takes place between 11:00-12:00pm on Sunday, December 17th.
OVERNIGHT CAMPERS - CAMP LODGING
If you have a roommate request, and have not already given it to us, please do so as soon as possible and no later than 10 days before the start of camp. If you don't have a roommate request, you will be placed in a room with someone near your age. It will be a great opportunity to meet someone new!
- Campers will reside 3 per room and are assigned by age and roommate requests.
- Each room has two queen size beds & a rollaway bed
- Roommate requests are not guaranteed!
- No Fan Needed– Rooms are air-conditioned
Campers are supervised 24 hours a day. The staff live in the dormitories with the campers and participate in evening activities. Drugs, alcohol and tobacco are strictly prohibited, and constitute, along with general misconduct, grounds for dismissal from camp without a refund.
EXTENDED DAY CAMPERS
On the first day of camp, all extended day campers should arrive between 1:00-2:00pm for check in. On all other days, the arrival time is 8:45am at the Dorm for attendance. Departure on other days is 9:00pm and campers can be picked up at the field.
- Friday: Commuter Campers stay until 8:00pm. Dinner is provided.
- Saturday: Commuter Camper Hours - 9:00am-8:00pm. Lunch and dinner provided.
- Sunday: Commuter Camper Hours - 9:00-12:00am. Check-out is immediately after camp concludes with the closing ceremony.
- Daily Schedule: FRI 2PM-8PM, SAT 9AM-8PM, SUN 9AM-12PM
COACH PILAT'S INSTRUCTIONAL VIDEOS:
Coach Pilat has produced two videos for goalies. Purchase Advanced Techniques (2015) or Basic Techniques (2001), or buy both!
Basic Techniques - The Ball Stops Here I: Was produced in 2001 and is still a valuable resource to learn the basics of goaltending as well as a few new tricks. Content Includes - Basic Proper Goalie Warmup, Basics of Stance, Stopping Screened Shots, Stick Skills and Basic Clearing, Stopping One-On-One Shots, Basic Proper Technique for stopping all shots, Unique drills, Goalie Arc Play, Pipe Play, Field Communication. Price: $30
Advanced Techniques - The Ball Stops Here II: Advanced Techniques is designed for goalies and coaches who are ready to move to the next level. Content Includes - TGS Method (Advanced Goalie Routine), Advanced Warmup, Advanced Drills, Mental Strategies, Scouting Opponents (watching film), Advanced Clearing Concepts, Weight Training for Goalies, Stick Repair and Stringing. Price $30
The Ball Stops Here Combo Package: Players of all ages can learn from over 90 minutes (combined) of concentrated instruction on both videos and Coach Pilat recommends both videos to any goalie. Order yours today! Price $55
Note: DVD's will be HANDED out at camp check in.
FIELDS AND PRACTICE AREAS
Historic Dodgertown has played host to NFL football teams for training camp and playoff preparations, Division I college football programs for bowl preparations, Women’s Professional Soccer for pre-season training camp and numerous international baseball teams for spring training.
Sample Daily Schedule
- 7:30 AM Wake Up (overnight campers)
- 8:00 AM Breakfast in Dining Hall (overnight campers)
- 9:00 AM Goalies filmed in cage, Coaches Talk, Station work
- Noon Lunch in Dining Hall
- 1:30 PM Remaining Goalies filmed in cage, Rapid Fire, Agility work
- 2:30 PM Clearing stations, Small group Coaches Talk
- 3:30 PM Rest time, Pool Opened, Camp Store Opened
- 5:00 PM Dinner in Dining Hall
- 6:30 PM Goalie 10 on 10 Games!
- 8:30 PM Back to dorms, Day campers depart
- 9:00 PM Rest time, Camp store opened, pizza orders
- 10:45 PM Lights Out!