Nike Soccer Camp UC Santa Cruz Santa Cruz, California
Click to enlarge and view gallery »
Join us at the NIKE Soccer Camp at UC Santa Cruz. Our goal at this co-ed camp is to stimulate a love for the game in young athletes by showing them how to accelerate their own progress and success. By working with the head coaches at UC Santa Cruz, we are able to offer an unforgettable growth experience no matter what your age or skill level.
This camp provides a fun and competitive environment for players of all ability levels. Join us for an excellent opportunity to interact with high-level coaches and collegiate players.
- Team play, skill development, games and tournaments
- Nike Soccer Camp t-shirt
- Post camp evaluation and completion certificate
- Players are grouped by age and ability
- Six hours of daily instruction
The University of California - Santa Cruz is located 35 miles from San Jose, on a beautiful coastal campus overlooking the Pacific Ocean. Surrounded by gorgeous views and towering redwoods, campers are inspired to develop their love of the game and improve their individual and team skills.Meet your coaching staff
Our camp directors are among the finest coaches in America. They have a major stake in providing camps of the highest quality: camps that are fun, that improve the skills of the campers, and that provide the campers with the opportunity to make new, life-long friends. The best place to become a better soccer player is in the company of coaches and players who share your passion.Read Full Bio
• UC Santa Cruz Head Men’s Soccer Coach
• 2009- Present UC Santa Cruz Men’s Soccer Head Coach
• 2003-2009 UC Santa Cruz Women’s Soccer Head Coach
• Overall win-loss record at UCSC 80-31-17
• 2006,2007,2008 & 2009 NCAA DIII National Tournament Participants
• USSF A License
• NSCAA Premier Diploma
• 2010/11Head Coach Santa Cruz County Breakers U18 Academy Team
• 2009/10 Asst. Coach Santa Cruz County Breakers U16 Academy Team
• 2006,2007 Head Coach Santa Cruz County Breakers NPSL Head Coach
• 2010 ODP Region 4 Regional Staff Coach 96’s U14
• UC Santa Cruz Head Women’s Soccer Coach
• 2009-2011 UC Santa Cruz Women’s Soccer Assistant Coach
• USSF D License
• Head Coach for Harbor High School Girls Varsity Team, SCCAL
• Head Coach for Aptos Soccer Club U15 Team
• Breakaway College Access Project Assistant Coach
• Former Player at UC San Diego
• NCAA DIII National Champion as a player at UC San Diego 1996, 1997, 1999 with record of 72-7-3
2014 Camp Information
The program emphasizes small group tactics within the framework of team strategy and game play, and campers leave with a deeper and more improved understanding of the game. Specialized goalkeeper instruction is available but will not be the primary focus of the camp.
What's included in the fee?
Overnight Campers: Professional coaching and instruction on grass fields, all meals, on-campus housing, supervision and evening activities.
Extended Day Campers (varies with location) 9am-9pm: Professional coaching and instruction, lunch, dinner and evening activities.
24-hour supervision is an important feature of every NIKE Soccer Camp. Staff members reside in campers’ quarters and participate in all activities.
Sample Daily Schedule
- 7:30am Run/Breakfast
- 8:30am Video/Lecture
- 9:30am Field Session (Technical Skills Development)
- 12:00pm Lunch
- 2:00pm Field Session (Tactical Training)
- 4:00pm Pool
- 5:00pm Dinner
- 6:30pm Field Session (Tournament Games)
- 9:00pm In dorms - evening activities
- 10:30pm Lights out
Check-in: between 12:30-1:30pm on the first day.
Check out: final games are from 9:30-11:30am at the soccer fields. Parents are invited to attend. Check out from the dorms follows at 12:00pm.
Players Grouped by: skill, age, years of experience
Evaluation: Written by coaching staff
Facility: Grass fields
Campers Per Room: 2
Roommates: guaranteed if requested 14 days prior to camp
Bathrooms: shared by floor
Linens: Not provided
Air Conditioning: NO
Key Deposit: $75 for the room key. $10 for the meal card. Payable to US Sports
Spending Money: $40
Medical Facility: an athletic trainer is on-site
Nearest Airport: San Jose International Airport approximately 30 miles, San Francisco International airport approximately 70 miles
Transportation: Not provided.
If five or more campers register together, as a group by mail or fax, each camper will receive a $25 discount. Click “Get Brochure” above and print the application. All applications must be received at the same time via mail or fax. If all members of your group pay with a Visa or MasterCard, feel free to fax your applications to 415-479-6061 to expedite processing. Late or individual registrations are not eligible to receive the group discount.