More Important Camp Details
This summer, Seattle U is offering two sessions of overnight camp with a day camp (9:00am-5:15pm) option for ages 9-18. Upon arrival at camp, campers are placed in groups with other swimmers having similar abilities and goals. Our camp staff will do their best to accommodate your needs, keeping in consideration your experience and desire to improve.
OVERNIGHT CAMP AMENITIES
• 3 nights lodging • All meals
• Nightly recreational activities
• Nike Camp T-shirt & Nike Swim Cap
DAY CAMP AMENITIES
• Lunch • Nike Camp T-shirt & Nike Swim Cap
• Camp hours: SUN 2PM-9PM, MON-TUE 9AM-5:15PM, WED 9AM-12PM
A detailed camper registration packet containing check in location, health/release forms, emergency contact info, and a list of things to bring will be emailed to all registered campers in the Spring. Our health and release forms do not require a doctor's signature and they will be collected on the first day of camp.
- Check-In: Check-in takes place between 1:00pm-2:00pm on Sunday, June 18th (Session I) and Sunday, June 25th (Session II)
- Check-out: A Closing Ceremony will take place at 11:30am on Wednesday, June 21st (Session I) and Wednesday, June 28th (Session II)
Housing & Roommates
Campers stay 2 per room and are assigned by age and roommate requests. If you don't have a roommate request, you will be placed in a room with someone near your age. It will be a great opportunity to meet someone new! Boys and girls are housed on seperate floors with gender specific counselors on them.
Dorm: Campion Hall
Linens: Not provided
Suggested spending money: $40
Medical facility: a certified trainer will be on staff at all times
Supervision: Campers are supervised 24 hours a day. The staff live in the dormitories with the campers and participate in evening activities. Drugs, alcohol and tobacco are strictly prohibited, and constitute, along with general misconduct, grounds for dismissal from camp without a refund.
Day Campers (9:00 AM - 5:15 PM)
- Check-in takes place between 1:30pm-2:00pm on Sunday
- All day campers are invited to stay until 9:00pm on the first day with dinner included.
- A Closing Ceremony will take place at 11:30am on Wednesday
- Check-out immediately follwing
Day Camper Schedule: SUN 2PM-9PM, MON-TUE 9AM-5:15PM, WED 9AM-12PM
Team Discount: If five or more campers register together, each camper is eligible for a $25 discount. Please have a team contact reach out directly to the USSC office at 1-800-645-3226 to receive a discount code to identify your group. Campers may then register through the website at their convenience and apply the coupon code during check-out.
Scholarship Available: 1 scholarship available for day camp each summer. Requirements - 1. Essay from camper about why they should receive the scholarship. 2. Documentation from school for free or reduced lunch. 3. Send applications to Craig Nisgor at firstname.lastname@example.org.
SU is the home of one of the finest Natatoriums in Seattle. Located in the Connolly Center, our two indoor 25 yard pools serve Seattle University’s Men’s and Women’s Division I-A varsity swim teams as well as facilitate traditional and trending recreational, fitness and educational opportunities for the SU community.
Sample Daily Schedule
- 7:30 am Wake-up
- 8:00 am Breakfast
- 8:45 am Day Campers Arrive
- 9:00 am Pool Session 1 - Drills and Skills
- 10:00 am Lecture
- 10:45 am Pool Session 2 - Continue Stroke Technique
- 11:40 am Dryland Exercises
- 12:15 pm Lunch
- 1:00 pm Free Time
- 2:00 pm Pool Session 3 - Drills and Skills
- 3:00 pm Lecture
- 3:40 pm Pool Session 4 - Continue Stroke Technique
- 4:40 pm Camp Sprints
- 5:15 pm Day Campers Depart
- 5:30 pm Dinner
- 6:30 pm Supervised Activities (Skit night, Movie night, etc.)
- 10:00 pm Overnight Campers to rooms, lights out!