Coach's Corner | Basketball Tip
Refusing to Live a Life of Average
REFUSING TO LIVE A LIFE OF AVERAGE: CHOOSING GREATNESS!
CORE VALUES DETAILS:
1. SERVICE- "Pick up the trash"
-Leave people/places/things better than the way you found them
-Continually and unconditionally concerned about others before yourself
2. INVESTMENT- "If you're not making mistakes, you're not getting better"
-Comfort zone living vs. risk taking
-Experience/process trumps outcome/result
3. POSITIVE MINDSET- "You are what you think you are"
-Mindset drives action-action drives success
-Dealing with adversity/difficulty
-Living life feeling fortunate and blessed
4. SELFLESS- "It's amazing what can be accomplished when no one cares who gets the credit"
-Miami Heat: 2013 NBA Champions
A. Bosh: 1st time to have zero points in his career was in Game 7
B. Battier: Was 6-8 on 3s after not playing at all in Game 6
C. Allen: Game 6-3 pointer game changed the series. He did not score in Game 7.
-Kentucky Wildcats: 2012 NCAA Champions
A. Anthony Davis: Was Player of the Year in the NCAA and took the 4th most shots on the team.
5. VISION "If you do not know where you are going, how will you know when you get there?"
-What you see if what you will become
-The man who thinks he can and the man who thinks he can't are both right. Which one are you?
6. LOVE- "Love your neighbor as yourself"
-Greatest power in the universe-has ability to change relationships, experiences & ourselves
-Wraps and covers core values
-Showing same compassion to others as yourself
"When we are made concerned about the hearts of every single person we connect with more than our own status, success, and significance, then we will begin to understand ELITE LIVING."