Nike Junior Golf Camps at Sugarloaf Resort
Improve your game and have serious fun at
Nike Junior Golf Camps
Sugarloaf Golf Club plays host to Maine's only overnight program for Nike Junior Golf Camps. The all abilities camp is open to players, ages 10-18, and provides players with the tools to excel in the sport of golf for a lifetime, incorporating PGA instruction, course play, and fun evening activities. The high school program is a more advanced program structured to help high school players improve their competitive results.
Sugarloaf Resort is located in beautiful Carrabassett Valley in Maine's Western mountains. The 18-hole course, a rugged par 72 championship layout, offers challenging mountain golf in a truly awe-inspiring setting. The Nike Camp at Sugarloaf is offered for golfers, ages 13-18, who are looking to improve their skills and competitive results.
- Small group instruction with low student/teacher ratio from nationally recognized PGA professionals
- Three hours of daily instruction and daily course play with staff
- Camper amenity package including a Nike hat, drawstring bag, SRIXON golf balls, camp workbook and graduation certificate
- Fun, supervised off-course activities including bowling, swimming, and trip to Anti-Gravity Center
- Camper evaluations utilizing 4D Motion and video analysis
- A healthy and positive learning environment designed to help every camper get better!
- View More Details ⟩
Camp Director Zach Zondlo
Zach Zondlo is the Head Golf Pro at Sugarloaf Golf Club.View Zach Zondlo's Bio ⟩
Previously, Zondlo had been an assistant professional with the Heather at Boyne Highlands - another top-rated course in the Boyne family. He has most recently held the position of assistant professional at Fiddler's Creek Golf Club in Naples, FL alongside Sugarloaf's Assistant Professional, Corey May.
Nike Junior Golf Camps at Sugarloaf offer each junior golfer the same opportunity to succeed, regardless of their starting point. Coach Zondlo and his staff offer a positive and fun learning environment, one in which campers can thrive under the direction of motivated and highly skilled instructors. Upon arrival, all participants are evaluated by the staff so that their own instructional needs can be addressed throughout the week.Show Less See More Camp Details
Check-In and Check-out
- Check-in for all campers is on the first day between 12:00-1:30pm at the Sugarloaf Mountain Hotel.
- Extended Day Campers will depart that evening at 8:00pm.
- Graduation: 1:00pm at the golf course. Parents are invited to attend!
- Check-out: Immediately following the graduation ceremony
*Subject to change, please see information packet for final details.
Students will be staying at the nearby Sugarloaf Mountain Hotel in adjacent rooms to the camp staff. Please refer to the information packet (emailed in spring) for check-in/check-out info. Campers will be housed in double rooms, but single rooms will be available upon request.
The Overnight fee includes all golf instruction, green fees, evening activities, housing, and all meals. The Extended Day fee includes all of the above except housing and breakfast. Extended Day campers may participate in the evening activities which will include golf activities, recreational sports, movies and more.
Nike Junior Golf Camps does not provide transportation to and from airports, bus depots or train stations. The packet we send to registered campers in the spring offers suggestions on shuttle services for each specific camp.
The staff lives in the dormitories/resort accommodations with the campers and participates in evening activities. Drugs, alcohol and tobacco are strictly prohibited, and constitute, along with general misconduct, grounds for dismissal from camp without a refund.
A detailed camper information packet containing check in location, health/release forms, emergency contact info, and a list of things to bring will be emailed to all registered campers in the spring.
CONTINGENCY PLAN FOR OVERNIGHT & EXTENDED DAY CAMPERS (2021)
In the event that we are unable to host Overnight campers due to safety concerns or COVID-19 restrictions, this camp will be converted to a Day Camp (commuter only) with the revised schedule shown below. All Overnight and Extended Day campers will be notified as early as possible and automatically enrolled into the Day Camp. Campers who registered using a credit voucher will be re-issued a credit voucher for any difference in camp price. All other campers will be refunded any difference in camp price. For out-of-town campers, please see the “Local Accommodations” section below.
DAY CAMP SCHEDULE:
• Check-in: 9:00am each day
• Check-out: 5:00pm each day
Sample Daily Schedule
- 7:15-8:30am Wake-up, breakfast
- 8:45am-Noon Golf Instruction with video analysis. Focus on all facets of game; putting, chipping, pitching, bunker play and full swing
- 12:00-1:00pm Lunch/free-time at Strokes
- 1:00-3:00pm Golf Instruction with video analysis
- 1:00-5:00pm Course play with staff - staff to provide instruction on course management, shot selection, rules and etiquette
- 5:00-6:00pm Dinner, free-time
- 6:15-9:00pm Evening activities (bowling, kickball, and swimming)
- 10:00pm Lights out
The awe-inspiring 18-holes that make up the Sugarloaf Golf Club & Golf School have proven, for so many golfers, an unforgettable experience. An experience punctuated by the rugged, demanding terrain that is the hallmark of mountain golf. Course designer Robert Trent Jones Jr. calls it, “one of the most spectacular courses I’ve ever been associated with.”
Top 100 of America's Greatest Golf Courses
-Golf Digest, 2003-2005
#1 course in Maine every year since 1985
Top 100 Courses You Can Play
-Golf Magazine, 2004
SECURE YOUR SPOT – CAMPS SELL OUT!
Last year over 650 Sports Camps sold out, leaving 7,000+ campers on the waitlist. Due to high demand, early registration for our first-come-first-serve camps is strongly recommended.