Faceoff Factory Clinic at the Proving Ground
2024 Dates & Prices Now Available!
USSC and Faceoff Factory are pleased to announce an All-Access Faceoff Skills Day on Wednesday, July 17th for all ages. The clinic will be held at The Proving Ground in Conshohocken, PA between Villanova University’s two showcase events happening on July 16th and July 18th.
The Faceoff Factory Staff is ready to provide you all with a day full of instruction and competition to make sure you all take your skills at the X to the next level. We will be focusing on stance, clamp progressions, exits, counter work, wing play and stick work throughout the day. The instruction will be led by Coaches Zach Cole (Redwoods LC), James Reilly (Waterdogs LC) and Luke Wierman (Maryland).
We aim to provide you all with the overall Faceoff experience while training with our Factory Staff and training underneath our curriculum. Our goal is to make sure every player is equipped with the right tools at the X so they can dominate at all levels. We look forward to having you all out there with us, let’s get to work!
Since 2011, The Faceoff Factory has committed to learning, teaching, and growing the Face-off lacrosse position. Our goal at this summer clinic is centered around developing the complete faceoff student. As the face-off position continues to change and develop, so does our curriculum, curated by Faceoff Factory Founder Joe Nardella. We teach techniques and details that have proven effective at the highest levels of lacrosse. We are particularly excited to partner with US Sports Camps and promote a rigorous learning environment that has shown to be extremely effective in creating sustainable faceoff success.
- Provide the highest level of face-off training nation wide
- Staff composed of some of the game's best at the college and professional levels
- Every camper receives a reversible Nike practice jersey
- Raffles and skills competition with Nike and STX Gear
- View More Details ⟩
Lead Instructor Michael Marino
On staff is Michael Marino, Head Coach of Faceoff Factory SoCal. Marino is also a Volunteer Assistant Coach for the Concordia University Irvine Eagles since 2020 and works primarily with our face-off players.View Michael Marino's Bio ⟩
Assistant Coach Zach Cole
Zach Cole lead the Saint Joseph's Hawks in both face-off percentage and ground balls during his freshman season.View Zach Cole's Bio ⟩
Assistant Coach James Reilly
Reilly led the Big East in faceoff winning percentage 234-387 (.604) and was second in ground balls per game (8.41). He ranked seventh nationally in faceoff percentage and eighth in ground balls.View James Reilly's Bio ⟩
Assistant Coach Luke Wierman
Luke Wierman is 2nd on Maryland's career faceoff wins list with 637, just 11 away from tying Andy Claxton's all-time record of 648.View Luke Wierman's Bio ⟩
Lead Instructor Gerard Arceri
On staff is Gerard Arceri who was the 26th overall pick in the 2021 PLL Draft by Atlas LC. At Penn State, Arceri was a 2x USILA All-American and 2x All-Big 10 selection.View Gerard Arceri's Bio ⟩
The Faceoff Factory Summer Lacrosse Camp in Pennsylvania is open to players 9-17. You can expect a high demand on these first-come-first-serve camper spots, so please be sure to register early. We provide our lacrosse faceoff specialist with the most rigorous and in-depth program offered. Students will not only be schooled on all aspects of the faceoff position from a technical standpoint, but we will also spend a significant amount of time competing and working on improving their confidence as well. This event will feature a staff composed of some of the game’s best at the college and professional levels. We will take live reps during each session.
- Dates: July 17th
- Age Group: 9-17
- Gender: Boys
- Camp Type: Day Camp
- Schedule: 9:00am-3:00pm
- Check-In: 8:30am at the Proving Grounds
- Lunch: Lunch is not provided. Please bring a packed lunch.
- Program: At the Faceoff Factory camp, participants will engage in a comprehensive training regimen designed to elevate their faceoff skills to the next level. The camp begins with a dynamic FOF warmup, integrating fundamental faceoff techniques with anticipation tactics, focus work, and competitive based hand speed exercises. Training sessions will have a strong emphasis on mastering the efficiency of ball clamping and refining technical aspects of the faceoff following our clamp. The program will also incorporate advanced moves and strategies at the X, counter moves, proper footwork/body positioning, and discussions on wing play. Participants will engage in competition-based drilling in small groups, tailored to their age and skill level. Pre-tournament seeding matches and a double elimination competition will offer valuable opportunities for players to apply their skills in real-game scenarios, with filming provided for immediate feedback. For those seeking an even deeper learning experience, the FOF All-Access option provides an immersive journey into mastering core fundamentals, advanced techniques, tie-up strategy, and situational IQ, ensuring every participant emerges from the camp equipped with the tools to excel on the lacrosse field.
The Proving Grounds
725 Conshohocken Road
Conshohocken, PA 19428
Click Here for Directions
Wednesday, July 17th
- Check in: 8:30am at the Proving Grounds
- Check out: 3:00pm at the Proving Grounds
WHAT'S INCLUDED IN THE FEE?
- Instruction: Morning and afternoon training sessions
- Supervision: Campers are supervised by staff during camp hours.
- Camp Reversible Jersey & Prizes: Campers will receive a Nike Lacrosse Reversible Jersey and prizes.
INSTRUCTION, EQUIPMENT & FACILITY
- Ratio: 1:10 staff-to-camper ratio
- Groupings: Campers are grouped by age, ability, and experience.
- Equipment Needed: Please bring your cleats, helmet, mouthpiece, lacrosse stick(s), gloves, pads, helmet and pads (Goalies)
- Facility: The Proving Grounds
- Medical Protocol: Most camps have an athletic trainer on-site to help with illness or injury. In case of an emergency, campers will be transported to the nearest hospital.
PREPARE FOR CAMP: COMPLETE YOUR PRE-CAMP CHECKLIST
To view your customer account, complete your mandatory forms, pay balance dues, and review important camp information, visit Pre-Camp Checklist. All necessary camp information is on this page. If there are any imperative changes prior to camp start, registered campers will be notified via email and this webpage will be updated!
Below is a suggested list of clothes, equipment, and personal items. US Sports Camps is NOT responsible for lost or stolen articles or money.
Checklist of things to bring:
- Helmet and Mouthpiece
- Lacrosse Stick(s), Gloves, Pads
- Water Bottle
- Healthy Lunch & Snacks
- Signed Heath & Release forms and waivers (forms completed online do not need to be printed and turned in at camp)
Transportation is not provided. Campers are responsible for getting to and from camp on their own. There is no supervision before or after camp hours so please make arrangements to pick up your child on time.
For information regarding our cancellation policy and all other company policies, please visit USSC Policies.
NIKE LACROSSE CAMP FAQ
For general questions about our lacrosse camps please see our FAQ page.
Please click "More Details" below for more information on The Faceoff Factory program.Show Less See More Camp Details
Since 2011, Faceoff Factory has committed to learning, teaching, and growing the Face-off position. Our goal then and now continues to be centered around developing the complete faceoff student. As the face-off position continues to change and develop, so does our curriculum. Our curriculum highlights techniques and details that have proven effective at the highest levels of lacrosse.
After 13 years of unwavering dedication, learning and adaptation to our teaching, our mission has developed to feature three main components:
First and foremost, we aim to create a collaborative learning environment. Since faceoffs are such a unique part of our game, we must tailor the environment in which we teach and learn them to be unique as well. Here, at Faceoff Factory, we aim to foster an environment in which students not only learn from our coaches, but learn from one another as well. We firmly believe that - to teach, is to understand. And the more students can teach others about faceoffs, the more they themselves will understand them.
Second, we aspire to facilitate and demonstrate the pursuit of excellence. Not only on the field but off of it as well. The strongest form of leadership comes from the ability to lead by example. Each of our staff members is either a current professional, division 1 coach, or former collegiate standout. Through our coaching, we seek to illustrate the leadership and drive it takes to become the best version of ourselves. We are dedicated to teaching students how to be their very best at the faceoff x through constant competitive exposure both with the coaches themselves as well as the other students in addition to individualized hands on instruction. We strive to challenge the way our students think, how they treat and respect their peers, and how they communicate.
Lastly, and arguably the most influential, is the development of our FOFamily - a commitment to see that each of our students fulfills all of their goals outside the lines of the lacrosse field. Although learning at our sessions is at the forefront of all our students focus, we try to provide far more resources than just on field coaching. Some of these resources include but are not limited to, free access to watch all of our sessions on youtube, college advice / recruiting assistance, and training guidance.
THE PROVING GROUNDS
The Proving Grounds are a regional multi sports complex available for soccer, field hockey, lacrosse, rugby, baseball and football tournaments and leagues. The state-of-the-art sports facility boasts eight outdoors sports fields.
SECURE YOUR SPOT – CAMPS SELL OUT!
Last year over 650 Sports Camps sold out, leaving 7,000+ campers on the waitlist. Due to high demand, early registration for our first-come-first-serve camps is strongly recommended.