Nike Boys Lacrosse Camp in Cambridge
2023 Dates & Prices Now Available!
US Sports Camps is excited to offer an outstanding Nike Boys Lacrosse Camp at MIT. Located between Central and Kendall Squares, and across the Charles River from Boston’s Back Bay, this is a competitive program designed for experienced youth and high school players looking to sharpen their skills.
All skills and drills will be age appropriate and will help foster the fundamentals and demands of the sport in a positive way. Skills emphasized will include: stick work, shooting fundamentals, agility and fitness training, communication activities, multiple player concepts, game situations and team building. Goalies are given training involving development of their individual technique as well as instruction in game like situations. In addition to focusing on individual instruction, each goalie will participate in shooting drills as well as drills designed to include the goalies as an integral part of a team defense.
This camp must comply with regulations of the Massachusetts Department of Public Health and be licensed by the local board of health.
- Superior instruction from College Coaches and Players
- 8:1 camper to instructor on field ratio
- Daily emphasis on fundamentals, position training, drills and scrimmages
- Every camper receives a reversible Nike practice jersey
- Nike and STX Prizes for outstanding play, sportsmanship and improvement
- View More Details ⟩
Camp Director Hunter Smith
Directing camp this summer is Hunter Smith who currently is playing college lacrosse at Bentley University.View Hunter Smith's Bio ⟩
Before Bentley: 2021 graduate of Londonderry High School … named first team All-State in New Hampshire for the 2021 season … team captain of Londonderry for senior season … played in the 2021 NH/VT Twin All-Star game … also named first team All-State in soccer.
Personal: Majoring in finance … parents’ names are Kim and Clark … has two siblings, Amanda and Mason.
Head Instructor Tyler O’Keefe
The 2022 NEWMAC and 2022 NEILA Coach of the Year, Tyler O’Keefe enters his sixth season as the MIT Walter Alessi Men’s Lacrosse Head Coach. Under his tutelage, the Engineers captured the program’s first NEWMAC Championship in 2022 and advanced to the third round of the NCAA Tournament.View Tyler O’Keefe's Bio ⟩
Prior to his arrival at MIT, O’Keefe was an assistant coach at Williams College for two years. He was the program’s defensive coordinator, head recruiting coordinator and coached the face-off specialists. O’Keefe coached four All-NESCAC performers, one NEILA All-Star, one NEILA Honorable Mention honoree, and two USILA Honorable Mention All-Americans during his time with the Ephs.
O’Keefe’s other collegiate coaching experience includes stints as an assistant at both Rhodes College in 2014-15 and at his alma mater, Springfield College, from 2012-14. As a four-year student-athlete for the Pride, O’Keefe was a team captain as a senior and a two-time Pilgrim League All-Conference honoree. His teams captured four straight Pilgrim League Championships and appeared in the NCAA Division III Tournament in each of his four seasons.
In the classroom at Springfield, O’Keefe earned his Bachelor of Science degree in criminal justice in 2012 and is working towards completing his Master of Science degree in movement and sports studies, with a concentration in athletic administration. He was also a member of the Springfield College Criminal Justice Club and worked as a supervisor in the Office of Special Programs at Springfield.
SECURE YOUR SPOT!
You can expect high demand for these first-come-first-serve camper spots, so please be sure to register early. This summer, we are offering a one week half day camp (9:00am-3:00pm) for ages 6-14.
- Dates: July 10-13 & July 17-20
- Age Group: 10-16
- Gender: Boys
- Camp Type: Day Camp
- Schedule: 9:00am-4:00pm, Monday-Thursday
- Check-In: 8:30am-9:00am
- Lunch: Lunch is not provided. Please bring a packed lunch.
- Program: For the Skills program at the Nike Boys Lacrosse Camp, our goal is to provide campers with the fundamental skills, position-specific training, and in-game tactical knowledge needed to enhance their skills.
Cambridge, MA 02139
Monday to Thursday
- Check in Day 1: 8:30am-9:00am at the Athletic Fields
- Check in Day 2, 3 & 4: 8:30-8:45am at the Athletic Fields
- Check out: 4:00pm at the Athletic Fields
WHAT'S INCLUDED IN THE FEE?
- Instruction: Morning and afternoon training sessions
- Supervision: Campers are supervised by staff during camp hours.
- Reversible Jersey & Prizes: Campers will receive a Nike Lacrosse Reversible Jersey and prizes.
INSTRUCTION, EQUIPMENT & FACILITY
- Ratio: 1:10 staff-to-camper ratio
- Groupings: Campers are grouped by age, ability, and experience.
- Equipment Needed: Please bring your helmet, mouthpiece, cleats, lacrosse stick, gloves, and pads.
- Facility: Steinbrenner Stadium
- Medical Protocol: Most camps have an athletic trainer on-site to help with illness or injury. In case of an emergency, campers will be transported to the nearest hospital.
PREPARE FOR CAMP: COMPLETE YOUR PRE-CAMP CHECKLIST
To view your customer account, complete your mandatory forms, pay balance dues, and review important camp information, visit Pre-Camp Checklist. All necessary camp information is on this page. If there are any imperative changes prior to camp start, registered campers will be notified via email and this webpage will be updated!
CHECKLIST OF THINGS TO BRING
Below is a suggested list of clothes, equipment, and personal items. US Sports Camps is NOT responsible for lost or stolen articles or money.
- Health & Release Forms (Online)
- Cleats or Turf Shoes
- Helmet and Mouthpiece
- Lacrosse Stick, Gloves & Pads
- Water Bottle
- Please Bring a Healthy Lunch and Snack Each Day
- COVID PPE (as required by state/local guidelines)
Transportation is not provided. Campers are responsible for getting to and from camp on their own. There is no supervision before or after camp hours so please make arrangements to pick up your child on time.
For information regarding our cancellation policy and all other company policies, please visit USSC Policies.
NIKE LACROSSE CAMP FAQ
For general questions about our lacrosse camps please see our FAQ page.Show Less See More Camp Details
Sample Daily Schedule
- 8:30-9:00am: Check In
- 9:00am: Full camp stretch and strengthen - Shoulder, wrist, and back exercises to increase fundamental passing, shooting, ground ball, and defensive checking abilities
- 9:15-10:30am: Fundamental stick work, ball movement, shooting; instructed to increase lacrosse IQ for game situations
- 10:30-11:30am: Position-specific training: Attack, Midfield, Defense, Face-Offs, Goalies
- 11:30-12:00pm: Lunch
- 12:00-1:00pm: Scripted and Structured game situations, made to simulate specific aspects of live-game play, created for experience and immediate feedback from coaches
- 1:00-2:00pm: Game
- 2:00-3:00pm: Position-specific training: Attack, Midfield, Defense, Face-offs, Goalies- created to lead into the next day’s lacrosse IQ concepts that will be covered.
- 3:00pm: Check out/ Pick Up
TEAM DISCOUNT: If five or more campers register together, each camper is eligible for a $25 discount. Please have a team contact reach out directly to the USSC office at 1-800-645-3226 to receive a discount code to identify your group. Campers may then register through the website at their convenience and apply the coupon code during check-out.
GOALIE DISCOUNT: To ensure each session has enough goalies for drills and scrimmages, all goalies automatically qualify for a special $50 discount. You can call 1-800-645-3226 to receive the goalie discount over the phone or you can indicate that you are eligible for the goalie discount in the “comments” field when registering via our secure website. Goalie discount cannot be combined with any other discount.
Henry G Steinbrenner Stadium
Campers train each day at Steinbrenner Stadium. The Henry G. Steinbrenner '27 Stadium was dedicated in 1978 by New York Yankees owner George Steinbrenner and his two sisters and was rededicated in 2009 after the addition of a new entryway. The gift was made in honor of their father who won the national championship in 220-yard hurdles as an MIT undergraduate.
SECURE YOUR SPOT – CAMPS SELL OUT!
Last year over 650 Sports Camps sold out, leaving 7,000+ campers on the waitlist. Due to high demand, early registration for our first-come-first-serve camps is strongly recommended.