Nike Swim Winter Clinic at UNC Asheville
2025 Dates & Prices Coming Soon!
This winter 2024 we are excited to offer our 1st Nike Winter Swim Clinic at UNC Asheville, in Asheville, NC. Camp Director and UNC Asheville Assistant Coach, Ian Quinn, wants to push you to new heights this winter through innovative freestyle and backstroke refinement drills, start improvement, and dry-land conditioning. Instruction and daily activities take place at UNC Asheville’s swimming pool a 6-lane, 25-yard pool located on the lower level of the Student Recreation Center.
The beautiful Asheville campus is easily accessible for swimmers from Charlotte, Raleigh, Columbia, SC and beyond. With only one session offered, the stroke technique program is expected to sell out quickly so swimmers and teams are encouraged to register early.
The Nike Swim Camp at UNC Asheville is open to any and all entrants. For your safety and benefit, we recommend you have competitive swimming experience (e.g. U.S.S. age group, national qualifiers, high school swimmers, or summer league swimmers) and can swim at least 50 meters in all four competitive strokes: fly, back, breast and freestyle.
- Freestyle and Backstroke technique refinement for competitive swimming
- Specialized instruction for start improvement
- Video Instruction & Analysis in a classroom setting
- Low camper to staff ratio
- Every camper receives a Nike Camp T-shirt and Nike Swim Cap
- Every camper is eligible to receive merit-based prizes during camp
- View More Details ⟩
Camp Director Ian Quinn
Ian Quinn begins his first season as an associate head coach for the UNC Asheville swimming and diving program in 2023-24. He served as the assistant head coach for the previous four years.View Ian Quinn's Bio ⟩
Guest Speaker Elizabeth Lykins
Elizabeth Lykins will begin her 12th season at the helm of the UNC Asheville women's swimming and diving team in 2023-24. Lykins, who has guided the program since its inception in 2012, has made incredible strides with the program instituting a culture of personal growth, exceptional academics, and fast swimming.View Elizabeth Lykins's Bio ⟩
SECURE YOUR SPOT!
Winter Registration Closes on January, 1st, 2024! You can expect a high demand on these first-come-first-serve camper spots, so please be sure to register early. This winter, UNC Asheville is offering a weekend clinic (11:00am-5:00pm) option for ages 8-17. Instruction and daily activities take place at UNC Asheville’s swimming pool a 6-lane, 25-yard pool located on the lower level of the Student Recreation Center.
- Dates: January 13-14
- Age Group: 8-17
- Gender: Coed
- Camp Type: Day Camp
- Check-in: All Campers: check-in between 10:45am - 11:00am at the Student Recreation Center on Saturday, January 13th.
- Check-out: Check-out will take place at 5:00pm at the Student Recreation Center
- Camp Hours: SAT 11:00AM - 5:00PM, SUN 9:00AM - 11:00AM **Times subject to change
- Meals: Lunch is not provided. Please bring a packed lunch.
- Program: The Stroke Technique program for Freestyle and Backstroke is designed to provide competitive swimmers with a better understanding of swimming fundamentals in each stroke. Stroke refinement along with constructive feedback will be the focus of the camp, as well as starts enhancement, and allows each participant to gain a greater knowledge of proper stroke mechanics and ways to improve themselves individually.
UNC Asheville Student Recreation Center
400 Wellness Way
Asheville, NC 28804
Click Here for Directions
- Saturday, January 13th: Check-in between 10:45am - 11:00am at the Student Recreation Center.
- Sunday, January 14th: Check in takes place between 8:45am - 9:00am at the Student Recreation Center.
- Saturday, January 13th: Check-out will take place at 5:00pm at the Student Recreation Center.
- Sunday, January 14th: Check-out will take place at 11:00am at the Student Recreation Center.
The staff supervise campers and participate in all activities. Drugs, alcohol and tobacco are strictly prohibited, and constitute, along with general misconduct, grounds for dismissal from camp without a refund.
WHAT'S INCLUDED IN THE FEE?
- Instruction: Morning and afternoon training sessions
- Supervision: Staff members supervise and participate in all activities.
- Camp T-shirt & Prizes: Campers will receive a Nike Swim Camps t-shirt and prizes.
INSTRUCTION, EQUIPMENT & FACILITY
- Ratio: 1:10 staff-to-camper ratio
- Groupings: Campers are grouped by age, ability, and experience.
- Equipment Needed: Please bring your water swimsuit, swim cap, googles and towel(s)
- Facility: UNC Asheville’s swimming pool located on the lower level of the Student Recreation Center
- Medical Protocol: Most camps have an athletic trainer on-site to help with illness or injury. In case of an emergency, campers will be transported to the nearest hospital.
PREPARE FOR CAMP: COMPLETE YOUR PRE-CAMP CHECKLIST
To view your customer account, complete your mandatory forms, pay balance dues, and review important camp information, visit Pre-Camp Checklist. All necessary camp information is on this page. If there are any imperative changes prior to camp start, registered campers will be notified via email and this webpage will be updated!
Checklist of Things to Bring: We recommend that all Day Campers bring a daily pack with the following items: swimsuit, swim cap, goggles, towel, sunglasses, hat, sunscreen, sandals, water bottle, dry land gear (running shoes, t-shirt, athletic shorts, sweatshirt) and any other appropriate clothing for that day’s activities which will be described to you on the first day of camp.
Transportation is not provided. Campers are responsible for getting to and from camp on their own. There is no supervision before or after camp hours so please make arrangements to pick up your child on time.
For information regarding our cancellation policy and all other company policies, please visit USSC Policies.
NIKE SWIM CAMP FAQ
For general questions about our swim camps please see our FAQ page.
EXTENDED DAY CAMP AMENITIES
• Nike Camp T-shirt & Nike Swim Cap
• Camp hours: SAT 11:00AM - 5:00PM, SUN 9:00AM - 11:00AM **Times subject to change
TEAM DISCOUNT: If five or more campers register together, each camper is eligible for a $25 discount. Please have a team contact reach out directly to the USSC office at 1-800-645-3226 to receive a discount code to identify your group. Campers may then register through the website at their convenience and apply the coupon code during check-out.
Sample Daily Schedule
- 11:00 AM Morning Training Session
- 1:00 PM Lunch & Rest
- 2:00 PM Dryland and Video Training
- 3:00 PM Afternoon Training Session
- 5:00 PM Departure
UNC Asheville Pool
UNC Asheville’s swimming pool is a 6-lane, 25-yard pool located on the lower level of the Student Recreation Center. The pool is home to Campus Recreation programs and the UNC Asheville Women’s Swim Team.
Camp Questions & Answers
How are swimmers grouped at camp?
Upon arrival at camp, campers are placed in groups with other swimmers having similar abilities and goals. Our camp staff will do their best to accommodate your needs, keeping in consideration your experience and desire to improve.
SECURE YOUR SPOT – CAMPS SELL OUT!
Last year over 650 Sports Camps sold out, leaving 7,000+ campers on the waitlist. Due to high demand, early registration for our first-come-first-serve camps is strongly recommended.