Nike Volleyball Camp at Denison University
Improve your game and have serious fun
at Nike Volleyball Camps
Our 2019 volleyball camp in Ohio offers girls of all skill levels the opportunity to improve their skills and take their game to the next level with coaches who have a passion for the game.
With programs for everyone from beginners to club and high school level players, our summer camp in Granville is fun and informative. This program is open to girls, ages 10-18, with Overnight and Day Camp options available.
- Excellent residential, dining and training facilities
- 6-7 hours daily instruction, with 1:10 staff to camper ratio
- Instruction from collegiate coaching staff and players
- All campers receive a Nike Volleyball Camps T-shirt and prizes!
- View More Details ⟩
Co-Director Carter Cassell
2018 marks Carter Cassell’s second season as Denison’s head volleyball coach. In his debut season, Denison finished with a 15-14 record and advanced to the NCAC semifinals before being eliminated by Wittenberg. Kristin Thewes and Leah Reinfranck were given All-NCAC honors, with Thewes being named Libero of the Year.View Carter 's Bio ⟩
Cassell comes to Denison after three seasons an assistant coach at Kenyon College. Cassell joined the coaching staff at Kenyon in 2014 along with new head coaching hire, Amanda Krampf. The new staff was charged with rebuilding the Kenyon program and Cassell was heavily involved in all aspects of planning practices, organizing the team’s strength and conditioning to scouting and recruiting. In year’s two and three, Kenyon posted consecutive winning seasons for the first time since 1989-90. This year, Kenyon finished 18-12 placing third in the North Coast Athletic Conference regular season standings. Outside hitter Delaney Swanson was named to the All-NCAC first-team and two players earned honorable mention.
In addition to his assistant coaching duties at Kenyon, he also served in various game management roles and was a building manager for the Kenyon Athletic Center.
Cassell is a 2014 graduate of The Ohio State University where he received a B.S. in education while majoring in sports industry and minoring in business. In the summer of 2018, Cassell completed his master’s degree in coaching and athletic administration from Concordia University Irvine.
After a standout prep career which saw him be named the 2010 Ohio Boys Volleyball Player of the Year and a second-team American Volleyball Coaches Association High School All-American. In 2011, Cassell attended Lewis University where he was a member of their NCAA Division I men’s volleyball team. He transferred to Ohio State the following year and was a member of the Buckeyes’ nationally-ranked club volleyball team. In 2013 he was named the Big Ten Men’s Volleyball Association Player of the Year.
Cassell is the seventh head volleyball coach at Denison. He takes over the reins from Sarah Graves who went 26-31 in her two seasons with the Big Red.
Co-Director Lindsay Brewer
Lindsay Brewer enters her third year as an assistant volleyball coach in 2018. Brewer comes to Denison after an impressive playing career at Hiram College.View Lindsay Brewer's Bio ⟩
A 2016 Hiram graduate, Brewer left as the only player in program history to be named to the AVCA All-American team in two consecutive seasons.
Last season, she posted a career-high 462 kills and became the seventh player in program history to total 1,000 career kills. A four-year starter, Brewer boasts a career hitting percentage of .270 with 1,323 kills and 202 blocks.
This year we are offering an Overnight and Extended Day (9:00am-9:00pm) camp for girls, ages 10-18, of all ability levels. See "More Camp Details" for further information.
2018 CAMP DATES
- July 15-17
All sessions are open to girls, ages 10-18, of all abilities. Upon arrival, all participants are evaluated by the staff and placed into groups based on age and ability level. Campers will master the fundamentals and develop proper mechanics through a mix of drills, games and competitive play.
2018 SESSION SCHEDULE & INFORMATION (2019 TBA)
Please note: The following information may be subject to change.
CAMP DATES: July 15-17
- Check-in: 12:00-1:30pm on Sunday at the dorms
- Check-out: Final games take place at the gym on Tuesday. Parents are invited to attend. Graduation will take place at 4:30pm
- Extended Day Camper Schedule: Sunday: 1:30-9:00pm, Monday: 9:00am-9:00pm, Tuesday: 9:00am-5:00pm
What's included in the fee?
- Daily volleyball instruction
- Overnight campers: Dormitory housing on campus and all meals are provided.
- Extended Day campers: Lunch and dinner are provided.
- Supervision: Staff members reside in campers’ quarters and participate in all activities
- Camp T-shirt & Prizes: All campers receive Nike Volleyball Camps t-shirt and prizes.
- Volleyballs: Volleyballs are provided for each camper to use during instruction at camp, so campers do not need to bring their own. Campers do have the option of purchasing a Molten Volleyball for $17 at the time of registration. Balls will be given out on the last day of camp.
- Extra Activities: Spirit Days!
INSTRUCTION, EQUIPMENT & FACILITY
- Ratio: 1:10 staff to camper ratio
- Players Grouped by: ability, age, years of experience
- Equipment Needed: Players should supply their own kneepads and have at least one pair of well broken-in volleyball (court) shoes. Campers do not need to bring their own balls.
- Facility: Indoor courts
- Medical Protocol: Most camps have an athletic trainer on-site to help with illness or injury. In case of an emergency, campers will be transported to the nearest hospital.
The information below is based on previous years and is subject to change each year. Final housing information for this camp will be provided in the Camper Registration Packets, emailed to all campers closer to the camp’s start date.
- Campers Per Room: 2 per room
- Roommates: Rooms are assigned by age & roommate requests. Roommate requests must be received no later than 14 days before the start of camp. If you don't have a roommate request, you will be placed in a room with someone near your age. It will be a great opportunity to meet someone new!
- Bathrooms: Shared
- Linens: Not provided. Bring linens or sleeping bag, pillow, pillowcase and a towel
- Air Conditioning: Please refer to the Camper Registration Packet. A/C availability depends on our specific dorm assignment.
Nike Volleyball Camps does not provide transportation from airports, train stations or bus depots. If you have a child flying to camp, please arrange a shuttle or taxi service. The closest airport to campus is Port Columbus International Airport in Columbus, OH.
If you have a group of eight or more campers registering for the same camp, each camper is eligible for a discount. Please have someone contact the US Sports Camps office at 1-800-645-3226 with the names of each camper in the group and we will create a unique discount code for your group. Campers may then register individually through the website at their convenience and apply the offer code during check out. *Discount amount varies by program. Please call for details.
A detailed camper registration packet containing check in location, health/release forms, emergency contact info, and a list of things to bring will be emailed to all registered campers in the Spring. Our health and release forms may require a doctor's signature (please reference your camp packet). All required forms will be collected on the first day of camp.
Camps are open to any and all entrants, limited only by number, age, grade level and/or gender.
Sample Daily Schedule
- 7:00am Wake-up, shower, breakfast
- 9:00am Extended Day Campers arrive. Stretching & warm up.
- 9:15am Training Session I
- 12:00pm Lunch, rest
- 1:30pm Training Session II
- 4:00pm Free time, rest
- 6:30pm Training Session III
- 9:00pm Extended Day Campers depart
- 9:00pm Overnight Campers to rooms. Free time.
- 10:30pm Lights out
Denison University's campus is located in Granville, OH about 30 miles east of Columbus.
Camp ReviewsSubmit a review
July 23, 2018: She loved how it was very much a skill training camp and not a lot of playing games on the court. She loved it when they corrected her if she was not doing the correct movements, and the encouragements that the coaches would say. She also had a great time making new friends from all over.
— Trish T. Parent0
Loved the dorms!
July 18, 2018: The coaches gave great advise and my daughter improved her skills. Staying in the dorm with all the girls was fun and helps the girls learn to get along with different people.
— Tamara P. parent0
July 22, 2017: Great location and friendly/encouraging staff! Was excited to learn new drills and games.
— Emilee B. Camper0
July 21, 2017: Highlights included fun friends, great coaching, and new learned skills!
— Annie H. Camper
Increased confidence in the sport!
July 19, 2017: Ella won the red award which she was soooooooo happy about it gave her confidence that she was a good player, thank you so much for that! She did mention that swimming in the pool would have been nice. Thanks for all you have done for her this past few days!!
— Eve H. Parent
July 19, 2017: My daughter loved everything about this camp. She said the staff was great and she learned a lot from attending this camp!
— Wendy S. Parent
Helped improve her skills!
July 19, 2017: This was her second year. It allows her to be independent. She made some new friends (girls she's played against in club ball). She felt she improved her hitting (she's an OH) and let her explore setting.
— Tracy U. Parent
Learned new skills and met new people
July 17, 2016: As a first year camper I really enjoyed meeting new people, staying in the dorms, and learning new skills. Would definitely go back!
— Sandy P. Camper
Improved my skills
July 20, 2016: I would really recommend this camp to anyone who wants to improve on their volleyball skills. I really liked the facilities and the staff, and I would totally do it again.
— Emma H. Camper
Camp Dates & Prices
This program has concluded for the season.
Please Join our email list to be notified when this program is available for registration.