Nike Volleyball Camp at Soka University
Improve your game and have serious fun
at Nike Volleyball Camps
Train, compete and improve at our 2019 volleyball camp in Orange County this summer. This kids volleyball camp near Laguna Beach offers players of all ability levels the opportunity to improve their skills and have lots of fun!
Soka University offers the finest facilities and superior instruction, teaching campers everything from hitting, to setting, to serving, and more! Come hone in on your skills, and leave camp with the confidence and passion to enjoy volleyball for a lifetime.
- Excellent residential, dining and training facilities
- 6-7 hours daily volleyball training, with 1:10 staff to camper ratio
- Day Camp and Overnight Camp programs available
- All campers receive a Nike Volleyball Camps T-shirt and prizes!
- View More Details ⟩
Co-Director Kobi PekichView Kobi's Bio ⟩
Kobi Pekich played both indoor and beach volleyball at Irvine Valley College (IVC)where she helped lead the team to a 52-2 record, which included two conference championships and a state title in 2015. On the beach, Kobi played at the No. 1 flight and helped lead her team to two state titles and an individual title as well. In addition, Kobi was named the Orange Empire Conference Female Character Champion.
After two successful years at Irvine Valley College, Kobi transferred to California State University, Long Beach to play beach volleyball. In her two years at Long Beach, Kobi spent the majority of her time playing at the No. 2 flight. Both seasons, she was named first team All-Big West Conference. In her senior season, she helped her team acquire a berth to the NCAA National Championship tournament. At the tournament, she received the Elite 90 Award and was later nominated by CSULB for the NCAA Woman of the Year Award for her hard work in the classroom and on the volleyball court. Kobi left CSULB with a Bachelor’s Degree in Liberal Studies, as well as, a Multiple Subject Teaching Credential.
Since graduating, Kobi has spent her time substitute teaching, playing, and coaching volleyball. She is AAA rated in the CBVA and has played in a number of NVL and AVP tournaments. Over the years, Kobi has coached indoor volleyball at Saddleback Valley Volleyball Club and at Calvary Chapel High School. In addition, she has coached beach volleyball at Los Angeles Beach Volleyball Club. More recently, she returned to Irvine Valley College as a coach where the team placed 3rd in the state tournament and the No. 1 pair won the individual State Title.
This year we are offering Overnight, Day (9:00am-5:30pm), and Extended Day (9:00am-9:00pm) camps for girls, ages 10-18, of all ability levels. See "More Camp Details" for further information.
2019 CAMP DATES
- July 7-11
- July 14-18
All sessions are open to girls, ages 10-18, of all abilities. Upon arrival, all participants are evaluated by the staff and placed into groups based on age and ability level. Campers will master the fundamentals and develop proper mechanics through a mix of drills, games and competitive play.
2019 SESSION SCHEDULES & INFORMATION
Please note: The following information may be subject to change.
CAMP DATES: July 7-11 & July 14-18
- Check-in: 2:00-3:00pm on Sunday at the dorms
- Day campers stay until 5:30pm on Sunday
- Extended day campers stay until 9:00pm on Sunday
- Check-out: Graduation takes place at 5:00pm in front of the dorms on Thursday. Parents are invited to attend.
- Day Camper Schedule: Sunday: 2:00-5:30pm, Monday-Thursday: 9:00am-5:30pm
- Extended Day Camper Schedule: Sunday: 2:00-9:00pm, Monday-Wednesday: 9:00am-9:00pm, Thursday: 9:00am-5:30pm
What's included in the fee?
- Daily volleyball instruction
- Overnight campers: Dormitory housing on campus and all meals are provided.
- Extended Day campers: Lunch and dinner are provided.
- Day campers: Lunch is not provided. Campers should bring a sack lunch or they may purchase a $40 meal card for lunch on campus.
- Supervision: Staff members reside in campers’ quarters and participate in all activities.
- Camp T-shirt & Prizes: All campers receive Nike Volleyball Camps t-shirt and prizes.
- Volleyballs: Volleyballs are provided for each camper to use during instruction at camp, so campers do not need to bring their own. Campers do have the option of purchasing a Molten Volleyball for $17 at the time of registration. Balls will be given out on the last day of camp.
- Extra Activities: Campers may go off campus to the beach to play beach volleyball and/or swim one afternoon for an additional fee. Camp director will provide additional information at orientation.
INSTRUCTION, EQUIPMENT & FACILITY
- Ratio: 1:10 staff to camper ratio
- Players Grouped by: ability, age, years of experience
- Equipment Needed: Players should supply their own kneepads and have at least one pair of well broken-in volleyball (court) shoes. Campers do not need to bring their own balls.
- Facility: Indoor courts and outdoor sand court
- Medical Protocol: Most camps have an athletic trainer on-site to help with illness or injury. In case of an emergency, campers will be transported to the nearest hospital.
The information below is based on previous years and is subject to change each year. Final housing information for this camp will be provided in the Camper Registration Packets, emailed to all campers closer to the camp’s start date.
- Campers Per Room: 2 per room, and 2 rooms per suite
- Roommates: Rooms are assigned by age & roommate requests. Roommate requests must be received no later than 14 days before the start of camp. If you don't have a roommate request, you will be placed in a room with someone near your age. It will be a great opportunity to meet someone new!
- Bathrooms: One per suite
- Linens: Not provided. Bring linens or sleeping bag, pillow, pillowcase and a towel
- Air Conditioning: Please refer to the Camper Registration Packet. A/C availability depends on our specific dorm assignment.
Nike Volleyball Camps does not provide transportation from airports, train stations or bus depots. If you have a child flying to camp, please arrange a shuttle or taxi service. The closest airport to campus is John Wayne Airport (SNA).
If you have a group of eight or more campers registering for the same camp, each camper is eligible for a discount. Please have someone contact the US Sports Camps office at 1-800-645-3226 with the names of each camper in the group and we will create a unique discount code for your group. Campers may then register individually through the website at their convenience and apply the offer code during check out. *Discount amount varies by program. Please call for details.
A detailed camper registration packet containing check in location, health/release forms, emergency contact info, and a list of things to bring will be emailed to all registered campers in the Spring. Our health and release forms may require a doctor's signature (please reference your camp packet). All required forms will be collected on the first day of camp.
Camps are open to any and all entrants, limited only by number, age, grade level and/or gender.
Sample Daily Schedule
- 7:00am Wake-up, shower, breakfast
- 9:00am Extended Day & Day Campers arrive. Stretching & Warm-up
- 9:15am Training Session I
- 12:00pm Lunch, rest
- 1:30pm Training Session II
- 4:00pm Free time, rest
- 5:30pm Day Campers depart
- 5:30pm Dinner
- 6:30pm Training Session III
- 9:00pm Extended Day Camper depart, Overnight Campers to rooms, free time
- 10:00pm Lights out
Soka University is located in Orange County, 15 minutes from Laguna Beach. The beautiful campus offers three indoor courts as well as an ourdoor sand court.
Camp ReviewsSubmit a review
July 29, 2018: Our daughter's highlight was the coaches. She loved the coaches and being new to the sport this was important.
— Jean W. Parent
July 23, 2018: She enjoyed the independence of being away from home in college dorms and felt safe. She said her body feels stronger and more powerful just in a week. My daughter loves VB and is very competitive but she is a homebody. So the fact that she wanted to come back this year is a huge compliment to your staff and program. She already plans on coming back next summer which will it make it 3 yrs in a row. Would love to see a two week camp with weekend games!
— Penny C. Parent
Excited every day to learn more!
July 12, 2018: Aside from the fact that she was always excited every day to learn more and improve on playing volleyball at the camp, she enjoyed the games they had at the gym, and swimming in the pool. Whenever we pick her up from the camp, she was very excited to tell us & show us what she had learned. I was really impressed on how much she has improved even if it was only 3 days of camp (overhand serves, passing, spiking).
— Marivic B. Parent
So much fun
July 12, 2018: Our daughter loved Kobi! Her birthday was while she was at camp and all the counselors made it such a special day for her.
— Jessica C. Parent
Brought new skills home!
August 7, 2017: My daughter like the camp activities and have a lot of fun. she improved her skills and was able to bring them back home.
— Sebla K. Parent
July 24, 2017: Food was good. Had great time with other teammates at sleep away camp. Camp kept them busy. Other girls were all very nice.
— William B. Parent
Practiced new skills!
July 18, 2017: She practiced new skills, made friends and was sore every night.
— Eva O. Parent
great new friends!
July 17, 2017: My daughter made friends and after the first day requested to stay for the extended camp.
— Jonnell G. Parent
learned a lot
July 14, 2017: Her coaches at Nike camp taught her things her coach never did.
— Aurora K. Parent
Fun all around camp
July 22, 2015: This camp has fun activities, a trip to the beach, and nice coaches.
— Sandra B. Parent
I really liked this volleyball camp!!! You get to meet new people and the volleyball coaching was excellent and i improved a lot! I would really recommend this camp to others that love the sport of volleyball! I can't wait to go back!
— Camper '14
My daughter loved the camp and the facilities. She improved on her skills and came home loving the every aspect of the camp.
— Parent '14
Nike volleyball camp is probably the only camp that truly helps you improve your skills. I had a really great time!
— Camper '14
My daughter never played volleyball before. She learned so much in a short period of Time. The staff was professional and encouraging. The Soka university accommodations were excellent. Now my daughter wants to play on a team year around.
— Parent '13
Great level of instruction
Nike Volleyball Camps provide an excellent level of instruction and conditioning for players who have decided to commit to improving their skills and getting to the next level. I highly recommend this camp to anyone who has experienced volleyball and now wants to start playing seriously.
— Parent '13
This was a fantastic experience for my daughter! She learned tons and met some great friends! I would highly recommend.
— Parent '13