More Important Camp Details
This camp is for softball players of all abilities ages 9-18. Instruction will focus primarily on hitting, specific position fielding, base-running, and game situations. In addition, pitchers will have the opportunity to work with pitching instructors.
Check-in takes place between 1:00-2:00pm on Sunday at the Appleton Dorms.
Final games will begin at 10:30am. Parents are invited to watch. There will be a brief graduation ceremony at 11:30am. Camp concludes immediately following the graduation ceremony out of the Appleton Dorms.
A detailed camper registration packet containing check-in location, health/release forms, emergency contact info, and a list of things to bring will be emailed to all registered campers prior to camp. The state of Massachusetts requires a doctor's signature and they will be collected on the first day of camp.
Includes all softball and night activities, all meals from dinner on Sunday to breakfast on Thursday, and double room occupancy in the dorms.
EXTENDED DAY CAMP
Includes all softball and activities, dinner on Sunday, lunch and dinner Monday-Wednesday Day campers will be picked up at 8:30pm each day aside from Thursday when camp ends at 11:30am.
Includes all softball and day activities, dinner on Sunday, lunch Monday-Wednesday. Day campers will be picked up at 3:30pm each day aside from Thursday when camp ends at 11:30am.
Amherst College, a quintessential New England campus, provides the perfect setting for this five day Nike Softball Camp. Located an easy drive from Boston, Amherst’s facilities feature a 70’ x 12’ batting tunnel and the “Cage,” an indoor facility with batting and pitching tunnels.
Sample Daily Schedule
- 7:00 a.m. Wake Up
- 7:15 a.m. Breakfast (Overnight Campers)
- 8:45 a.m. Day and Extended Day Campers Arrive/Warm-up/throwing and fielding mechanics
- 9:30 a.m. Group Training Drills and Contests
- 10:15 a.m. Defensive Position Training
- 12:00 p.m. Lunch
- 1:15 p.m. Warm-up/running drills and contests
- 2:15 p.m. Offensive and Skill Station Circuit Training
- 3:00 p.m. Day Campers Depart
- 3:15 p.m. Team Organization
- 3:45 p.m. Free Time/Swim
- 5:00 p.m. Dinner
- 6:15 p.m. Warm Up/Stretch
- 6:30 p.m. Games
- 9:00 p.m. Extended Day Campers Depart
- 10:00 p.m. To Rooms/Lights Out