Nike Softball Camp Amherst College Amherst, Massachusetts
For the summer of 2014, Nike Softball Camps will be hosting two weeks at Amherst College in July. This softball camp provides the ideal environment to improve your skills, make new friends, and have fun!
Directing the program is Coach Kacey Schmitt who returns for her fiftth year as a NIKE Softball Camp director.
- 8:1 camper to instructor ratio
- Daily emphasis on fundamental development, team play and more
- Official NIKE Camp T-Shirt
- Great NIKE prizes
- NIKE Camp Lanyard
- NIKE Softball Camp Graduation Certificate
Amherst College, a quintessential New England campus, provides the perfect setting for this five day Nike Softball Camp. Located an easy drive from Boston, Amherst’s facilities feature a 70’ x 12’ batting tunnel and the “Cage,” an indoor facility with batting and pitching tunnels.Meet your coaching staff
Kacey has been the varsity softball coach for Amherst Regional High School in Amherst, MA for 15 years. She has been the director of softball and volleyball summer sports camps for the town of Amherst for 22 years, and runs sports clinics for young players with the assistance of her varsity athletes. Many of her former players have gone on to successful college softball careers with programs such as Boston College, East Carolina University, UMass, Western New England College, Skidmore, Lesley College, and others. She will be assisted at camp by some of these college players.Read Full Bio
Most recently, Kacey has led her softball teams to the Western Massachusetts Championship in 2008, 2010 and 2011, with a state finals appearance in 2011. Over the past 7 seasons, her softball teams have compiled a 126-32 record, and have been Valley Wheel League champions 6 of those 7 years.
Check in takes place at the Jenkins Dorms.
Graduation is 2:00 p.m. on Thursday at the softball field. Check-out will occur at the Jenkins Dorms.
Sample Daily Schedule
- 7:00 a.m. Wake Up
- 7:15 a.m. Breakfast (Overnight Campers)
- 8:45 a.m. Day and Extended Day Campers Arrive/Warm-up/throwing and fielding mechanics
- 9:30 a.m. Group Training Drills and Contests
- 10:15 a.m. Defensive Position Training
- 12:00 p.m. Lunch
- 1:15 p.m. Warm-up/running drills and contests
- 2:15 p.m. Offensive and Skill Station Circuit Training
- 3:00 p.m. Day Campers Depart
- 3:15 p.m. Team Organization
- 3:45 p.m. Free Time/Swim
- 5:00 p.m. Dinner
- 6:15 p.m. Warm Up/Stretch
- 6:30 p.m. Games
- 9:00 p.m. Extended Day Campers Depart
- 10:00 p.m. To Rooms/Lights Out