2016 STANFORD TENNIS CAMPS
Women's Tennis Sessions | Junior Overnight and Extended Day Camps
Directed by Head Women's Coach, Lele Forood, along with Associate Women's Coach, Frankie Brennan and their renowned staff
Ages 9-18 | All Skills, Tournament Training & High School Programs | Sun-Fri
These four weeks of camps are geared towards boys & girls of all ability levels, ages 9-18. With a perfect mix of drills, matchplay, conditioning, strategy and off-court fun, camper immerse themselves within the sport and campus, creating memories to last a lifetime. Upon arrival, all participants are evaluated by the staff so that their own instructional needs can be addressed throughout the week.
Coach Forood Camp Dates:
- July 17-22 (Sun-Fri) Bank of the West Classic Session* -overnight only
- July 24-29 (Sun-Fri) All Skills Session
- July 31 -August 5 (Sun-Fri) All Skills + High School
- Aug 7-12 (Sun-Fri) All Skills + High School
* Bank of the West Classic Camp Session: A unique camp experience with the women’s pro tennis event, the Bank of the West Classic, held on site all week. Campers will attend the matches daily and get a first hand look at a pro event! Limited to 48 campers, price of the camp includes admission to the tournament. Geared towards intermediate and advanced players, overnight campers only.
- Overnight: Ages 11-18
- Extended Day (8:30am-8:00pm) | Ages 9-18
- Both All Skills & High School Programs Offered
In addition to the “All Skills” program offered each week, we offer a High School Training program during certain weeks of camp. The High School Training program offers a great mix of technical focus, drilling, strategy and match play; provided for players ages 13-18 currently on their high school team and wanting to move up the ladder or those planning on making the high school.
- Overnight Campers: 2:00-3:15pm on the first day of camp at the dorms. It will be clearly marked by signs.
- Extended Day Campers: 2:45-3:15pm on the first day of camp at the dorms. (Extended Day Campers will depart that evening after dinner and evening activities at 8:00 pm)
- Campers should come dressed to play as we will head straight to the courts after check-in. Please make sure camper has eaten before arriving, as dinner is the first meal of the camp session.
* July 17th Session: Check-in is the same, but we will be chartering Stanford shuttles to transport some campers to West Campus Courts for evaluation session (due to the Bank of the West Tournament’s occupation of Taube Stadium during check-in day) Please do not be late, or you will miss the shuttle. Remaining Campers will walk to Taube South Courts, per usual.
- Graduation: 11:30am on the last day of camp for all campers at the Taube Tennis Courts EXCEPT during Bank of the West session (July 17-22), when it will be held at the Taube South Tennis Courts. (Parents encouraged to attend!)
- Check-out: Immediately following the graduation ceremony (12:00noon) – Overnight campers will return to the dorms for check-out; extended day campers may check-out directly from the stadium courts.
All meals are provided for Overnight campers. Lunch and dinner are provided for Extended Day campers. Meals start with dinner the first day of the session and ending with breakfast on the last day of ther session.
2016: Dorms TBD | 2015: Otero Hall. The address is 658 Escondido Rd, Stanford CA 94305. It will be clearly marked by signs. There 2 campers in each room (No triples). Rooms are assigned by age & roommate requests.
Off-court activities may include field games, camp dance, and/or pizza and movie night.
Weekend stayovers are offered between sessions for an additional fee of $140 per night. (Please note: There is no weekend stayover offered before the first camp session or after the last camp session)
Campers play on 17 lighted courts at the Taube Tennis Stadium. In the event of rain, indoor courts are available.
San Francisco Airport or San Jose Airport
Nike Tennis Camps does not provide transportation from airports, train stations, or bus depots. Transportation services can be arranged from the San Jose Airport or San Francisco International by using the services below:
Super Shuttle: (800) BLUE VAN (258-3826) - www.supershuttle.com
South & East Bay Shuttle: 800.548.4664 or 408.225.4444
Unaccompanied Minors: If you have a camper arriving by air who is deemed an “unaccompanied minor” by the airlines, we recommend scheduling a shuttle from the airport to camp through www.blacklane.com. The fees to Stanford from SFO are typically $112 each way. This includes a meet and greet at the airport.
Please schedule your arrivals and departures to provide plenty of time to get to/from the SJC or SFO. It is approximately 25 minutes to Stanford University campus from San Jose and 40 minutes from San Francisco.
Let us know your plans! Please call 1-800-645-3226 two weeks prior to camp to provide camper’s flight and shuttle information so we know when to expect your child's arrival to camp.
A detailed camper registration packet containing check in location, health/release forms, emergency contact info, and a list of things to bring will be emailed to all registered campers in the Spring. Our health and release forms do not require a doctor's signature and they will be collected on the first day of camp.
Additional Camp Sessions offered at Stanford:
Stanford Tennis Camp - Men's Tennis Sessions (Directed by Head Men's Coach, Paul Goldstein) - Junior Overnight and Day Camps - June 19-24 | June 26-July 1 | July 3-8 (National Training Camp) | July 9-14 (Sat-Thu)
Stanford Tennis School Junior Day Only Camp (Directed by Frankie Brennan and Brandon Coupe) - June 13-16 (Full Day, Half Day AM/PM) | August 15-18 (Full day, Half Day AM/PM)
Stanford Adult Tennis School (Directed by Frankie Brennan and Brandon Coupe) - June 11-12 | August 13-14
* Our camps are open to any and all entrants. For your safety and benefit, we recommend that you choose a camp that fits your particular skills and level of development.
* Any athlete who has sufficient preparatory education to be academically eligible to enter college in the fall following the camp date will not be permitted to attend the camp.
* Drugs, alcohol and smoking are strictly prohibited and constitute grounds for immediate dismissal from camp.
Sample Daily Schedule
- 7:00am Rise and Shine
- 7:30am Breakfast
- 8:30am Warm-up/On court stretching
- 8:45am-11:30am Tennis Rotations (serving and returning, ball machines, active drilling, conditioning)
- 11:40am Lunch
- 1:00pm-4:30pm Tennis Rotations (singles play, doubles drills and play, and off-court - including video playback, tennis related discussions, mini tennis, ping pong)
- 4:30pm Open tennis/alternate activity
- 5:30pm Dinner
- 6:30pm Evening activity
- 8:00pm Movie, pizza, games
- 10:30pm Lights out