Nike Palmetto Winter Lacrosse Clinic
2023 Dates & Prices Now Available!
US Sports Camps is excited to offer an outstanding Nike Boys Lacrosse Camp in the Palmetto state this winter for high school and youth players. This is one more opportunity to polish your skills before the 2024 season! Come join long time Nike Camp Director, Buff Grubb, this winter for a fun filled day of lacrosse!
All skills and drills will be age appropriate and will help foster the fundamentals and demands of the sport in a positive way. Skills emphasized will include: stick work, shooting fundamentals, agility and fitness training, communication activities, multiple player concepts, game situations and team building.
- High School & Youth Camp for Boys Ages 6-18
- 8:1 camper to instructor on field ratio
- Daily emphasis on fundamentals, position training, drills and scrimmages
- Every camper receives a reversible Nike practice jersey
- Nike and STX Prizes for outstanding play, sportsmanship and improvement
- View More Details ⟩
Camp Director Buff Grubb
A Maryland-native, Coach Grubb started his lacrosse career in the 70s at the McDonogh School near Baltimore and earned a scholarship to play at Rutgers University.View Buff Grubb's Bio & Lacrosse Tips ⟩
Through the ‘80s, he was a certified referee, a founder of the Harford (MD) Lacrosse Club, and became the Associate Head Coach at Spaulding High School in Vermont. In the fall of 1992, Grubb joined the collegiate ranks as the Head Lacrosse Coach at the University of Tennessee, leading the Volunteers to four SouthEastern Lacrosse Conference (SELC) Championships and advancing 3 teams to the MCLA National Championships, and receiving SELC Coach of the Year honors twice as well as the Ace Adams Sportsmanship Award. From 2002 to 2005, Grubb oversaw the emergence of the lacrosse program at Wake Forest University before taking over at Clemson University in the fall of 2005.
Receiving SELC Coach of the Year honors in 2008, 2011 and again in 2017, Coach Grubb has successfully developed the Clemson Tigers into a consistent contender in the SouthEastern Lacrosse Conference and an emerging national presence in the MCLA (Men’s Collegiate Lacrosse Association). In 2014, Coach Grubb was inducted into the SELC Hall of Fame.
A member of the Century Club, Coach Grubb has compiled over 200 collegiate victories and produced winning teams 17 of his 21 seasons on the sidelines. He continues to volunteer his time on growing the sport in the Southeast as the former President of the SELC and member of the Men’s Division Board of Governors of US Lacrosse, the sport’s National Governing Body. Grubb is also a former President of the South Carolina Chapter of US Lacrosse.
US Sports Camps, Inc is extremely pleased to offer this camp with one of the most accomplished and knowledgeable coaches in the Southeast. Coach Grubb will also draw on over 20 years of summer camp coaching experience to offer a curriculum that will have an immediate impact on camper’s skills and knowledge of the sport.
“Our vision for this camp will focus on instruction,” states Coach Grubb, “working with our campers to improve not only their individual skills and sense of the game, but also their ability to contribute to team skills and success. Lacrosse is exploding in the southeast and we hope to make a solid and continuing contribution to the evolution and maturation of the sport in this region.”
Lacrosse Tips by Buff Grubb:
Winter Camp Registration Closes on December 4th, 2023! This winter, Nike Lacrosse is offering a one day clinic for ages 6-18. Lunch is not provided, we ask campers to bring a lunch with them each day.
- Dates: December 16
- Age Group: 6-18
- Gender: Boys
- Camp Type: Day Camp
- Schedule: 9:00am-5:00pm, Saturday, December 16th
- Check-In: 8:30am at Upward Star Center.
- Lunch: Lunch is not provided. Please bring a packed lunch.
- Program: For the complete skills program at the Nike Boys Lacrosse Camp, our goal is to provide campers with the fundamental skills, position-specific training, and in-game tactical knowledge needed to enhance their skills.
Upward Star Academy
9768 Warren H Abernathy Highway
Spartanburg, SC 29301
Click Here for Directions
Saturday, December 16th
- Check in: 8:30am-9:00am at the Athletic Fields
- Check out: 5:00pm at the Athletic Fields
WHAT'S INCLUDED IN THE FEE?
- Instruction: Morning and afternoon training sessions
- Supervision: Campers are supervised by staff during camp hours.
- Reversible Jersey & Prizes: Campers will receive a Nike Lacrosse Reversible Jersey and prizes.
INSTRUCTION, EQUIPMENT & FACILITY
- Ratio: 1:10 staff-to-camper ratio
- Groupings: Campers are grouped by age, ability, and experience.
- Equipment Needed: Please bring your helmet, mouthpiece, cleats, lacrosse stick, gloves, and pads.
- Facility: Athletic Fields
- Medical Protocol: Most camps have an athletic trainer on-site to help with illness or injury. In case of an emergency, campers will be transported to the nearest hospital.
PREPARE FOR CAMP: COMPLETE YOUR PRE-CAMP CHECKLIST
To view your customer account, complete your mandatory forms, pay balance dues, and review important camp information, visit Pre-Camp Checklist. All necessary camp information is on this page. If there are any imperative changes prior to camp start, registered campers will be notified via email and this webpage will be updated!
CHECKLIST OF THINGS TO BRING
Below is a suggested list of clothes, equipment, and personal items. US Sports Camps is NOT responsible for lost or stolen articles or money.
- Health & Release Forms (Online)
- Cleats or Turf Shoes
- Helmet and Mouthpiece
- Lacrosse Stick, Gloves & Pads
- Water Bottle
- Please Bring a Healthy Lunch & Snacks Each Day
Transportation is not provided. Campers are responsible for getting to and from camp on their own. There is no supervision before or after camp hours so please make arrangements to pick up your child on time.
For information regarding our cancellation policy and all other company policies, please visit USSC Policies.
NIKE LACROSSE CAMP FAQ
For general questions about our lacrosse camps please see our FAQ page.
DAY CAMP AMENITIES
• 1 day of instruction
• 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM
• Reversible Nike practice jersey
Upward Star Center
Campers train each day at the Upward Star Center located in Spartanburg, SC.
SECURE YOUR SPOT – CAMPS SELL OUT!
Last year over 650 Sports Camps sold out, leaving 7,000+ campers on the waitlist. Due to high demand, early registration for our first-come-first-serve camps is strongly recommended.