Nike Tennis Camp at Wando High School
Improve your game and have serious fun
at Nike Tennis Camps
- Instruction from Tennis Professional Phil Whitesell, and his experienced staff
- 5-6 hours daily tennis instruction; low camper to staff ratio
- Campers receive a Nike Tennis Camps t-shirt and prizes!
- View More Details ⟩
Camp Director Phil Whitesell
Phil Whitesell is the returning Camp Director of the Nike Tennis Camp and former Women’s professional tennis coach on WTA Tour. He most notably coached Brenda-Schultz McCarthy, a top 10 WTA tour and Meredith McGrath Semi-Finalist at Wimbledon.View Phil Whitesell's Bio & Tennis Tips ⟩
He is a three time NCAA Division I tennis team champion at The University of Southern Cal and currently coaches local Charleston juniors and adults as a tennis pro at a private community in Mt. Pleasant.
Tennis Tips by Phil Whitesell:
2024 CAMP DATES
- June 17-21
- June 24-28
We offer Half Day camps (1:00pm-6:00pm) for boys and girls, ages 9-17 of all skill levels.
All sessions are open to players of all abilities. Upon arrival, all participants are evaluated by the staff so that their own instructional needs can be addressed throughout the week.
- All Skills Program: The All Skills program is designed for tennis players of any skill level and background. Campers will learn fundamentals and improve upon their game.
- Check-in: Monday at 12:45pm at the Wando High School Tennis Courts
- Check-out: Friday at 6:00pm at the Wando High School Tennis Courts
- Camp Program: Monday-Friday 1:00pm-6:00pm
Lunch is not included. Campers will need to bring their own lunch each day.
WHAT'S INCLUDED IN THE FEE?
- Instruction: Daily tennis training, morning and afternoon sessions
- Supervision: Staff members participate in all activities
- Camp T-shirt & Prizes: All campers receive a Nike Tennis Camps t-shirt and prizes
INSTRUCTION, EQUIPMENT, & FACILITY
- Ratio: 5:1 camper to coach ratio
- Groupings: Campers are grouped by age, ability, and experience
- Equipment Needed: All campers must bring a tennis racquet, tennis shoes, and a water bottle
- Facility: Cabrillo College 8 outdoor tennis courts
- Inclement Weather Plan: We will use the indoor gym if need be
- Medical Protocol: Most camps have an athletic trainer on-site to help with illness or injury. In case of an emergency, campers will be transported to the nearest hospital
CHECKLIST OF THINGS TO BRING
Below is a suggested list of clothes, equipment, and personal items. US Sports Camps is NOT responsible for lost or stolen articles or money.
Athletic, on-court tennis clothing
Tennis shoes (no running shoes)
Sweatshirt/warm-up jacket and pants
Signed Health & Release forms and waivers (forms completed online do not need to be printed and turned in at camp)
PREPARE FOR CAMP: COMPLETE YOUR PRE-CAMP CHECKLIST
To view your customer account, complete your mandatory forms, pay balance dues, and review important camp information, visit Pre-Camp Checklist. All necessary camp information is on this page. If there are any imperative changes prior to camp start, registered campers will be notified via email and this webpage will be updated!
For information regarding our cancellation policy and all other company policies, please visit USSC Policies.
NIKE TENNIS CAMP FAQ
For general questions about our tennis camps please see our FAQ page.
Maximize your camp experience with SwingVision, an iPhone app that provides the following benefits when you record your play: watch a full match in 20 minutes with the dead-time automatically removed, view stats like shot placement, court positioning, shot speed, and consistency for each shot type, filter to particular shot or point types and easily create highlight videos of certain points or shots, access video analysis, and stats immediately after you finish recording, all on unlimited cloud storage.
Camp Code: TNXRCC
I am amazed
SECURE YOUR SPOT – CAMPS SELL OUT!
Last year over 650 Sports Camps sold out, leaving 7,000+ campers on the waitlist. Due to high demand, early registration for our first-come-first-serve camps is strongly recommended.