Nike Advanced Golf Schools, Boyne Highlands Harbor Springs, Michigan
Click to enlarge and view gallery »
The Nike Advanced Golf Schools in Michigan at Boyne Highlands are the premier summer camps for competitive junior golfers between the ages of 12 and 18. Located in beautiful Northern Michigan, our mission is to ensure elite golf instruction in a competitive environment. Join our fabulous coaching staff for a week of improvement and gun this summer.
With four world-class golf courses, the Arthur Hills, Donald Ross Memorial, Moor and Heather, and expansive practice facilities, Boyne Highlands is the perfect place to learn and shape your game. These weeks offer a highly competitive curriculum designed to maximize the potential of each golfer. Unique team and individual competitions will challenge each golfers' skill and determination, preparing them for championship style play.
Nike Advanced Golf Schools at Boyne Highlands also offer a Junior Overnight Camp. To learn more about this camp, CLICK HERE.
- Instruction from nationally recognized teaching professionals
- Small group instruction with low student/teacher ratio of approximately 4:1
- 9-18 holes daily at the golf course with focus on improving all aspects of competitive play
- Round-table discussions on tournament preparation, club-fitting, practice routines, opportunities for college golf
- Guest speakers, topics to include sports psychology, mental toughness, fitness and nutrition
- Nike amenity package including a hat, one dozen golf balls, a camp workbook, bag tag and other great prizes
Brian O'Neill, PGA Professional and Director of Golf Instruction, is entering his 20th season at BOYNE this year. He was named "Teacher of the Year" for the Northern Michigan Chapter PGA last fall and was a finalist for the Michigan PGA Teacher of the year this spring! Assisting Brian with camp instruction and supervision is the Boyne Golf Academy. Brian has students that include Nationwide Tour players as well as multiple Division 1 collegiate players. Assisting Brian with camp instruction and supervision is the Boyne Golf Academy.
Nike Advanced Golf Schools are golf-intensive and create the ideal environment for the advanced player ready to take their game to the next level. The Advanced camp seminars provide the aspiring junior golfer the opportunity to receive information about tournament preparation and college golf recruitment and success. Campers will hear first hand accounts of how members of our staff established themselves throughout various stages of their development. The importance of goal setting, time management, and hard work will be stressed as these are key elements to attaining success in golf and life.
At our Nike Junior Golf Camps, we believe that a well balanced approach to nutrition is essential to playing great golf. Throughout camp we provide and encourage a menu tailored to maximize our energy potential, both physically and mentally. Breakfast buffet is served daily at Main Lodge, with lunch and dinner hosted at our other excellent restaraunts and country club facilities.
Upon arrival, all participants are evaluated by the staff so that their own instructional needs can be addressed throughout the week.
Sample Daily Schedule
- 7:00am Wake-up, breakfast
- 8:00am Daily discussion at practice facility and skills demonstrations from staff covering each facet of the game
- 8:30-11:30am Instruction - station rotation, putting, chipping, pitching, bunker play and the full swing
- Noon Lunch, relaxation
- 1:00-5:30pm Course play with staff. Tournament setting with focus on improving all aspects of competitive play
- 6:00pm Dinner, free-time, relaxation
- 7:30-9:30pm Evening session – roundtable discussions on tournament preparation, club-fitting, practice routines, opportunities for college golf. Guest speakers, topics to include sports psychology, mental toughness, fitness and nutrition
- 10:00pm Lights out
- Check-in occurs on Sunday from 12:30 - 1:30pm in the Bartley House at Boyne Highlands. Camp check-out occurs on Thursday between 3:00 - 3:30pm.
- The Overnight camp fee includes golf instruction, green fees, housing and all meals. Does not include extra spending money.
- The Extended Day fee includes all the above except lodging and breakfast.
- Campers are supervised 24 hours a day. The staff lives in the dormitories/resort accommodations with the campers and participates in evening activities. Drugs, alcohol and tobacco are strictly prohibited, and constitute, along with general misconduct, grounds for dismissal from camp without a refund.
- Nike Golf Schools and Jr. Camps does not provide transportation to and from airports, bus depots or train stations. The packet we send to registered campers in the spring offers suggestions on shuttle services for each specific camp.
- A detailed camper registration packet containing check in location, health/release forms, emergency contact info, and a list of things to bring will be emailed to all registered campers in the Spring.