Running Tip: Hill Runs
There is a reason why many of our cross country camps incorporate hill runs in training sessions. Aside from the aesthetic aspect of it, hill runs can improve a runner’s endurance, speed, power, strength, flexibility, breathing efficiency, etc. Here are a few tips for running hills.
For more tips relating to running, visit Nike Running Camp’s Coach’s Corner.
- Keep your chest straight and open.
- Keep your head in front and looking straight ahead.
- Your arms should be pumping straight forward and back.
- Raise your knees higher off the ground.
- Keep your ankles straight and flexed.
- Keep your chest up
- Keep your head straight and looking forward.
- Slightly extend your stride
- Make sure the middle of your foot contacts the ground first.
- Maintain the same pace throughout your run.
- Don’t use too much energy early and burn out.
- Focus on maintaining the same effort regardless of speed.