MB/Nike Boys Lacrosse Camp at the University of Central Florida Orlando, Florida
MB Sports Camps and US Sports Camps team up to offer an outstanding Nike Lacrosse Camp at the University of Central Florida. The program runs from Sunday afternoon to Friday afternoon - the longest Nike lacrosse camp this summer!
Campers will stay on and train at the 1,415-acre main UCF campus in Orlando, Florida. The campus boasts modern facilities, most of which have wireless abilities, with 600 acres set aside for lakes, woodlands, and an arboretum. Players will train at the UCF Recreation and Wellness Center giving them access to 6 outdoor turf fields!
- Complete Skills Camp for Boys Ages 9-18
- 8:1 camper to instructor on field ratio and 24 hours supervision
- Daily emphasis on fundamentals, position training, drills and scrimmages
- Special goalie instruction and discounts available
- Every camper receives a reversible Nike practice jersey
- Nike and STX Prizes for outstanding play, sportsmanship and improvement
Nick Cotter, the camp's lead instructor, recently signed with the NLL's Buffalo Bandits. A native of Whitby, Ontario, Nick recorded 16 points (8 goals, 8 assists) and 32 loose balls for the Boston Blazers last season. Prior to joining the NLL, Cotter played at Dowling College where his dynamic and aggressive playing style earned him All-American Honorable Mention status.
EXTENDED DAY CAMP:
Lacrosse campers receive 5 to 6 hours of daily instruction covering:
3. Ground Balls
4. Fast Breaks
5. Feeding & Finishing
7. Stick Skills
10. Wing Play
11. Offensive and Defensive Fundamentals
Sample Daily Schedule
- 7:30 am Breakfast (Overnighters)
- 8:50 am Day and Extended Day Campers arrive
- 9:00 am Stretching and Conditioning
- 9:30 am Line Drills and Stations
- 10:30 am Position Work
- Noon Lunch and rest
- 1:30 pm 1v1, 2v2, and fastbreaks
- 3:00 pm Drill stations and scrimmaging
- 5:00 pm Day Campers depart/Dinner and supervised free time
- 6:30 pm Evening Activities
- 9:00 pm Extended Day Campers depart
- 10:00 pm Overnight Campers to rooms; Lights out!