MB/Nike Boys Lacrosse Camp at the University of Central Florida Orlando, Florida
MB Sports Camps and US Sports Camps team up to offer an outstanding Nike Lacrosse Camp at the University of Central Florida. The program runs from Monday afternoon to Friday afternoon - the longest Nike lacrosse camp this summer!
The University of Central Florida is located in beautiful Orlando, FL. The campus has a unique layout designed to be ideal for pedestrains and boasts top-notch Division I sports facilites. Campers will receive instruction by a staff of high level lacrosse coaches and train 5-6 hours per day. Fun evening activities will follow the on field instruction.
- Complete Skills Camp for Boys Ages 9-18
- 8:1 camper to instructor on field ratio and 24 hours supervision
- Daily emphasis on fundamentals, position training, drills and scrimmages
- Special goalie instruction and discounts available
- Every camper receives a reversible Nike practice jersey
- Nike and STX Prizes for outstanding play, sportsmanship and improvement
Campers will stay on and train at the 1,415-acre main UCF campus in Orlando, Florida. The campus boasts modern facilities, most of which have wireless abilities, with 600 acres set aside for lakes, woodlands, and an arboretum. Players will train at the UCF Recreation and Wellness Center giving them access to 6 outdoor turf fields!
UCF's on campus dorms offer newly renovated, air-conditioned rooms in a safe and secure environment. Campers will enjoy their meals at one of UCF's premier dining facilites on campus and features 12 food stations: Chef's Plate, Deli, Produce Market, Pizza, Vegeterian, Smoothie, Desert, Soup, Grill and more.Meet your coaching staff
Nick Cotter, the camp's lead instructor, played his college lacrosse at Dowling College, a perennial Division II powerhouse on Lond Island. As a sophomore, Cotter was a 2nd Team All-Conference and was voted a Honorable Mention All-American with 29 goals and 4 assists. He helped lead Dowling College to its first National Championship appearance, where they fell to Le Moyne College. Cotter followed up with an outstanding junior campaign, garnering 2nd Team All-Conference and All-American accolades again. He finished his college career as a senior with 35 goals and 5 assists, and he was voted 1st Team All-American. Cotter finished his career at Dowling as the all-time leading goal scorer from the midfield.
Cotter was drafted in the 2nd Round of the professional National Lacrosse League draft to the Boston Blazers in 2008. He spent 3 seasons as a major contrubutor to the Blazers, and he finished the 2011 campaign fifth on the team in scoring (15 goals, 15 assists). This will be Nick's second summer as lead instructor at UCF.
EXTENDED DAY CAMP:
Lacrosse campers receive 5 to 6 hours of daily instruction covering:
3. Ground Balls
4. Fast Breaks
5. Feeding & Finishing
7. Stick Skills
10. Wing Play
11. Offensive and Defensive Fundamentals
Sample Daily Schedule
- 7:30 am Breakfast (Overnighters)
- 8:50 am Day and Extended Day Campers arrive
- 9:00 am Stretching and Conditioning
- 9:30 am Line Drills and Stations
- 10:30 am Position Work
- Noon Lunch and rest
- 1:30 pm 1v1, 2v2, and fastbreaks
- 3:00 pm Drill stations and scrimmaging
- 5:00 pm Day Campers depart/Dinner and supervised free time
- 6:30 pm Evening Activities
- 9:00 pm Extended Day Campers depart
- 10:00 pm Overnight Campers to rooms; Lights out!