MB/Nike Girls Lacrosse Camp at the University of Central Florida Orlando, Florida
MB Sports Camps and US Sports Camps team up to offer an outstanding Nike Lacrosse Camp at the University of Central Florida. The program runs from Monday afternoon to Friday afternoon - the longest Nike lacrosse camp this summer!
Campers will stay on and train at the 1,415-acre main UCF campus in Orlando, Florida. The campus boasts modern facilities, most of which have wireless abilities, with 600 acres set aside for lakes, woodlands, and an arboretum. Players will train at the UCF Recreation and Wellness Center giving them access to 6 outdoor turf fields!
- Complete Skills Camp for Girls Ages 9-18
- Superior instruction from former Division 1 players
- 8:1 camper to instructor on field ratio
- Daily emphasis on fundamentals, position training, drills and scrimmages
- Team discounts available
- Special goalie instruction and discounts available
- Reversible mesh Nike practice jersey
- Nike and STX Prizes for outstanding play, sportsmanship and improvement
Katie Ilott embarks on her first year at Young Harris College. She takes over the program after spending two years as an assistant at national power Mercyhurst University. Ilott kick started her playing career as a member of the U-19 Canadian World Cup Team in 2007, and went on to play at Limestone College where she earned IWLCA First-Team All-American honors in 2010 along with three All-South Region and All-Conference First-Team selections.
Ilott finished her career with 144 goals, 30 assists, 174 points, 104 groundballs, 66 caused turnovers and a program best 251 draw controls. She is still tied for second in the all-time record book with 74 starts and is fifth in goals scored while holding three of the top four single season draw control totals, including a program best 92 in 2010. She is also second with 18 free position goals that same season.
Prior and during her time at Limestone, Ilott played for the Canadian National Under-19 Lacrosse Team for two years (2005-07) and coached several elite club teams, including the Oshawa Lady Blue Knights program.
Ilott earned her bachelor’s degree in physical education from Limestone in 2010 and her master’s degree in organizational leadership from Mercyhurst.
EXTENDED DAY CAMP:
Lacrosse campers receive 5 to 6 hours of daily instruction covering:
3. Ground Balls
4. Fast Breaks
5. Feeding & Finishing
7. Stick Skills
10. Wing Play
11. Offensive and Defensive Fundamentals
Sample Daily Schedule
- 7:30 am Breakfast (Overnighters)
- 8:50 am Day and Extended Day Campers arrive
- 9:00 am Stretching and Conditioning
- 9:30 am Line Drills and Stations
- 10:30 am Position Work
- Noon Lunch and rest
- 1:30 pm 1v1, 2v2, and fastbreaks
- 3:30 pm Drill stations and scrimmaging
- 5:00 pm Day Campers depart/Dinner and supervised free time
- 6:30 pm Evening Activities
- 9:00 pm Extended Day Campers depart
- 10:00 pm Overnight Campers to rooms; Lights out!