The overnight camp includes key fundamental drills, team strategies, match play, meals, housing, and evening activities. The day camp (8:00am - 4:00pm) includes all rugby instruction and lunch. Day campers will be dropped off and picked up at the end of each day at the Stanford University Rugby fields.
Check-In and Check-Out
Check-in takes place from 8:00am - 9:00am on the first day of camp. Meet at the Steuber Rugby Stadium, with your luggage. Come dressed ready to play as the first practice will start directly after check-in. After the first practice session overnight campers will check into the dorms. Check-out takes place at 1pm on the last day of camp at the Steuber Rugby Stadium. Parents are invited to watch a scrimmage and brief closing ceremony on the last day of camp before check-out. The scrimmage will start at 10:30am.
Please note there will be no early arrivals, as dormitory accommodation is not available the night before camp starts.
Nike Rugby Camps do not provide transportation to/from camp from airport, train stations or bus depots. If you fly into camp, we recommend that you fly into the San Francisco or San Jose Airport. For ground transportation, we recommend using California Airport Transportation at (831) 477-7000. The charge is about $75 each way and includes gratuity.
• Unaccompanied Minors: If you have a camper arriving by air who is deemed an “unaccompanied minor” by the airlines, please schedule a shuttle from the airport to camp through California Airport Transportation (831) 477-7000. They will meet the kids inside the airport and sign them out from the airlines. The charge is about $75 each way and includes gratuity.
• Let us know your plans! Please call 1-800-645-3226 two weeks prior to camp to provide camper’s flight and shuttle information so we know when to expect your child's arrival to camp.
Linens and A/C
Campers need to bring their own linens. Beds are twin size. There is no A/C in the dorms.
Boys Camp: Nike Rugby Camps is offering a $30 dollar discount for each player when five (5) or more players from the same team sign up for camp. To receive team discounts please call 1-800-645-3226. Please note: registering online will not offer the team discount option.
Girls Camp: Three or more girls from the same team: Overnight Camp Price: $499. Day Camp Price: $399. To receive team discounts please call 1-800-645-3226. Please note: registering online will not offer the team discount option.
Campers are supervised 24 hours a day. The staff live in the dormitories with the campers and participate in evening activities. Drugs, alcohol and tobacco are strictly prohibited, and constitute, along with general misconduct, grounds for dismissal from camp without a refund.
A detailed camper registration packet containing check in location, health/release forms, emergency contact info, and a list of things to bring will be emailed to all registered campers in the spring.
Steuber Rugby Stadium is home to both the Stanford Men's and Women's Rugby teams. Stadium construction was completed in March 2003. The facility is named after the Steuber Family. The Doyle Family Rugby Clubhouse is located behind the bleacher overlooking the rugby field. The Clubhouse is used for pre and post game events and can also serve as a meeting space for the teams.
Sample Daily Schedule
- 7:30am Breakfast
- 8:30am - 11:00am Training Session: catch and pass technique, defensive structure, tackle technique
- 11:00am - 11:45am Touch Rugby/Scrimmage
- Noon - 1:00pm Lunch
- 1:00pm - 3:00pm Training Session: position specific training; forwards and backs
- 3:00pm - 4:00pm Touch Rugby/Scrimmage
- 5:00pm - 6:30pm Dinner
- 7:00pm - 8:30pm Exercise and Science Training
- 9:00pm - 10:00pm Film Session, Evening activities