Nike Baseball Camp Southwestern Assemblies of God University Waxahachie, Texas
NIKE Baseball Camps is thrilled to be offering an overnight camp in the state of Texas for 2014. The NIKE Baseball Camp at the Southwestern Assembly of God University (SAGU) will be a great experience for any baseball player wanting to improve their game! At camp all aspects of the game are covered and players walk away feeling confident. Get better at baseball this summer at SAGU!
- Coaching from professional directors and staff
- Baseball instruction, drills and scrimmages
- Personal evaluation of your baseball skills
- NIKE Baseball Camp T-shirt and camp prizes
Southwestern can be found just south of the Dallas-Fort Worth metroplex in Waxahachie, Texas. The smaller community provides a quiet, rural atmosphere while all the excitement of the big city awaits only 25 minutes away.Meet your coaching staff
Sam Blackmon is in his first season at Southwestern Assembly of God University.
Blackmon’s most recent college post was at East Texas Baptist University from 2006 through 2012.
Prior to that he was the skipper at the University of Dallas, also an NCAA Division III team, from 2001-2005. Blackmon’s Crusaders teams were nationally ranked during the 2002 and 2003 seasons.
The 2002 unit rolled to a 33-3 record as the No. 3 rated team. A year later the Crusaders were No. 14. They led the country in stolen bases with 158.
Blackmon coached at the high school level for 10 years, and he won nine district titles and advanced to three state tournament appearances.
Extended Day Camp
Includes all baseball and night activities, dinner on Saturday, lunch and dinner Sunday -Monday. Extended day campers will be picked up at 9:00p.m. each day aside from Wednesday when camp ends at 12 noon.
Includes all baseball and and night activities, all meals from dinner on Saturday to breakfast on Tuesday, and double room occupancy in the dorms.
A detailed camper registration packet containing check in location, health/release forms, emergency contact numbers, and a checklist of things to bring will be emailed to all registered campers in the Spring. The US Sports Camps health and release forms do not require a doctor's signature and they will be collected on the first day of camp.
Sample Daily Schedule
- 7:00 a.m. Wake-up, breakfast (Overnight Campers)
- 8:45 a.m. Arrival (Extended Day Campers), stretching
- 9:00 a.m. Individual instruction and drill work
- 11:30 a.m. Lunch, free time
- 1:00 p.m. Fundamental instruction and drills, position play
- 4:30 p.m. Free time, relax, visit with friends
- 5:00 p.m. Dinner
- 6:15 p.m. Games
- 8:30 p.m. Chalk talks, Evening activities
- 9:00 p.m. Extended Day Campers Depart
- 10:00 p.m. Lights Out!
• 12:00 p.m. - Campers will Check out from Teeter Hall