Nike Golf Camps, Scholl Canyon Golf Course Glendale, California
Click to enlarge and view gallery »
Junior golfers in Southern California looking to take their game to the next level should join Jeremy Collins at Nike Golf Camp in Glendale, CA for a week of great golf instruction. Choose between our full-day and half-day programs which are designed to improve your game regardless of skill level!
Full Day Camp
The Full Day Camps run 10:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. Under the watchful eye of the instruction staff, each morning the campers practice all aspects of their games-putting, chipping, bunker play and full-swing. The morning session is followed by lunch and afternoon course play with the staff.
Half Day Camps
For three hours each day, campers sharpen their skills with the staff, made up of experienced teaching professionals. Strong emphasis is placed on the fundamentals—stance, grip, posture, full swing, rules & etiquette, etc. As the week unfolds, campers receive quality short-game instruction and by Friday, each Nike junior golfer will see improvement in his or her golf game!
- Small group instruction with low student/teacher ratio from experienced teaching professionals
- Daily course play with the staff focusing on course management, shot selection, strategy, rules and etiquette (Full Day Camp only)
- Nike amenity package including a hat, one dozen golf balls, a camp workbook, bag tag and other great prizes
- Safe, healthy and fun learning environment
Jeremy began working in the golf industry in June of 2006 at Arcadia Par 3 Golf Course. His role was to help with the Nike Camps on a weekly basis, as well as play with top-level juniors each weekend. In the Fall of that year, he began working one day a week instructing in the Arcadia Junior Academy, and over the past six and a half years, has progressed to be the lead instructor for the program.
Coach Collins is currently a PGA apprentice and looks forward to continuing his involvement with Nike Jr. Golf Camps at Scholl Canyon this summer.
Scholl Canyon Golf Course
Overlooking the L.A. basin and San Fernando valley, Scholl Canyon is perhaps the most spectacularly situated sports complex in all of Southern California. Featuring panoramic views to the Paific Ocean, this 18-hole mid-length course provides challenges for all golfers with its variety of holes. The course slopes its way though rugged canyons, offering breathtaking urben and natural vistas with every swing.
Upon arrival, all participants are evaluated by the staff so that their own instructional needs can be addressed throughout the week.
A detailed camper registration packet containing check in location, health/release forms, emergency contact info, and a list of things to bring will be emailed to all registered campers in the Spring.
Sample Daily Schedule
- 10:00am Instruction - practice on skills and fundamentals; grip, stance, posture, pitching, putting, bunker play and full swing
- Noon Lunch (Included in camp price, day campers depart)
- 1:00pm Course play with staff. Focus on strategy, course management, shot selection, rules and etiquette
- 4:00pm Full Day campers depart