UMW's Head Coach, Kurt Glaeser, will be directing camp again this summer. In 2014 Coach Glaeser led the Eagles to their first-ever NCAA tournament and program-best record of 14-4. UMW was ranked as high as No. 12 in the nation under Glaeser’s supervision. His goal has always been to engage and inspire each player at camp and instill positive character traits such as confidence, self-motivation, and a passion for the sport. Overnight and Commuter (Extended Day Camp 9:00 AM to 9:00 PM) options available.
OVERNIGHT CAMP AMENITIES
• 3 nights lodging • All meals
• Reversible Nike practice jersey
EXTENDED DAY CAMP AMENITIES
• Lunch & dinner
• Reversible Nike practice jersey
• Camp hours: WED 2PM-9PM, THURS-FRI 9AM-9PM, SAT 9AM-12 NOON
A detailed camper registration packet containing check-in location, health/release forms, emergency contact info, and a list of things to bring will be emailed to all registered campers prior to camp. Our health and release forms do not require a doctor's signature and they will be collected on the first day of camp.
Check in takes place at Virginia Hall on Wednesday, July 8th.
• Overnight campers – between 12:00-2:00pm
• Ext. Day camper – between 1:30-2:00pm
• Dinner will be the only meal provided on the first day so remember to eat before arriving!
A closing ceremony will take place on Saturday, July 11th on the field at 11:30am.
• Extended Day campers will leave directly from the field
• Overnight campers will checkout from Virginia Hall following the closing ceremony.
Housing & Roommates
Campers stay 2 per room and are assigned by age and roommate requests. If you have a roommate request, and have not already given it to us, please do so no later than 10 days before the start of camp. After that, the request can't be guaranteed. If you don't have a roommate request, you will be placed in a room with someone near your age.
Dorm: Virginia Hall*
Linens: Not provided
Air Conditioning: No
Suggested spending money: $40
Medical facility: a certified trainer will be on staff at all times
*Virginia Hall is NOT air-conditioned - please bring a fan!
Extended Day Campers
On the first day of camp, all extended day campers should arrive at Virginia Hall dressed to play at 1:45pm. All other days, the arrival time is 8:30 a.m. Extended day campers depart at 8:30 p.m. The best drop off and pick up locations will be announced at check-in.
♦ Daily Schedule: WED 2PM-9PM, THURS-FRI 9AM-9PM, SAT 9AM-12 NOON
Team Discount: If five or more campers register together, each camper is eligible for a $25 discount. Please have a team contact reach out directly to the USSC office at 1-800-645-3226 to receive a discount code to identify your group. Campers may then register through the website at their convenience and apply the coupon code during check-out.
Goalie Discount: To ensure each session has enough goalies for drills and scrimmages, all goalies automatically qualify for a special $50 discount. You can call 1-800-645-3226 to receive the goalie discount over the phone or you can indicate that you are eligible for the goalie discount in the “comments” field when registering via our secure website. Goalie discount cannot be combined with any other discount.
Battleground Athletic Complex
The University of Mary Washington prides itself in providing an optimal environment for athletes to practice their craft. Battleground Outdoor Complex plays host to lacrosse, soccer, tennis, field hockey, track and field, baseball and softball, and is regarded as one of the finest facilities of its kind in Virginia.
Sample Daily Schedule
- 7:30 am Breakfast (Overnighters)
- 9:00 am Stretching and Conditioning
- 9:30 am Line Drills and Stations
- 10:30 am Position Work
- Noon Lunch and rest
- 1:30 pm 1v1, 2v2, and fastbreaks
- 3:00 pm Drill stations and scrimmaging
- 5:00 pm Dinner and supervised free time
- 6:30 pm Back to field for games
- 9:00 pm Extended Day Campers depart
- 10:00 pm Overnight Campers to rooms; Lights out!