Nike Boys Lacrosse Camp University of San Diego San Diego, California
This NIKE Lacrosse Camp, located on the beautiful campus of the University of San Diego, is just minutes from downtown San Diego. Great weather, coaching and excellent facilities make this camp a favorite for many young athletes. Participating campers dine daily at the USD’s gourmet cafeteria and have access to the University Pool and many other campus training amenities.
At the Nike Boys Lacrosse Camp at USD, our goal is to stimulate a love for the game by immersing you in the sport and giving you the kind of focused, intensive training essential to improvement. Over the course of camp, your enthusiasm and self-confidence will grow along with your skills.
- Complete Skills Camp for Boys Ages 12-18
- Superior instruction
- 8:1 camper to instructor on field ratio
- Daily emphasis on fundamentals, position training, drills and scrimmages
- Team and sibling discounts available
- Special goalie instruction and discounts available
- Every camper receives a reversible Nike practice jersey
- Nike and STX Prizes for outstanding play, sportsmanship and improvement
Meet your coaching staff
A pioneer in California Lacrosse, Mario has been involved in the game for over 25 years as a player, coach and as an official. As a player at UC Berkeley, Mario was a two-time captain, all-star, and Western Collegiate Lacrosse League Champion. He played in the North/South Division I All-star game at John Hopkins University.
A former professional lacrosse player, Mario's enthusiasm, passion, and love for the game are contagious. He has created numerous programs that have introduced hundreds of kids to the game of lacrosse. He is the former coach of Santa Clara University, Santa Catalina School and Robert Louis Stevenson School. Currently Mario is an official and directs Tribe 831, an elite travel team program.
Check-in takes at 3:00pm on Thursday, July 11th. There will be a camp orientation meeting at 3:30pm and parents are welcome to join their campers for this meeting. A detailed schedule for the week will be provided at that time.
Check-out takes place between 11:00am-12:00pm on Sunday, July 14th. Exact time and location of the camp closing ceremony will be confirmed by the camp director on the first day of camp.
Extende Day Campers
On the first day of camp, all extended day campers should arrive between 3:00-3:30pm dressed to play. On all other days, the arrival time is 8:45am. Departure on other days is 9:00pm. Drop off and pick up locations will be given out at registration.
Daily Schedule: THURS 3PM-9PM, FRI-SAT 9AM-9PM, SUN 9AM-12PM
Campers are supervised 24 hours a day. The staff live in the dormitories with the campers and participate in evening activities. Drugs, alcohol and tobacco are strictly prohibited, and constitute, along with general misconduct, grounds for dismissal from camp without a refund.
Sample Daily Schedule
- 7:30 am Breakfast (Overnighters)
- 9:00 am Stretching and Conditioning
- 9:30 am Line Drills and Stations
- 10:30 am Position Work
- Noon Lunch and rest
- 1:30 pm 1v1, 2v2, and fastbreaks
- 3:00 pm Drill stations and scrimmaging
- 5:00 pm Dinner and supervised free time
- 6:30 pm Back to field for games
- 9:00 pm Extended Day Campers depart
- 10:00 pm Overnight Campers to rooms; Lights out!