Nike Rugby Camp at Georgetown University Washington, District of Columbia
Click to enlarge and view gallery »
Join current Team USA rugby player Mike Petri at Georgetown University this summer for our inaugural Nike Rugby Camp in Washington DC. Campers reside in dorms on campus and all rugby activities take place at Georgetown's multi-sport field.
The overnight camp includes key fundamental drills, fun match play, meals, housing and evening activities. Campers stay in the dormitories on campus and eat in the dining halls each day. Rugby activities take place at Georgetown's athletic facilities, a short walk from where participants reside. In addition to rugby instruction, campers partake in evening activities including campus tours, exercise and fitness discussions, film, swimming and more.
The day camp runs from 9:00am - 4:30pm and includes all rugby instruction, match play and lunch. Day campers are picked up and dropped off on campus each day.
- Instruction from nationally recognized Team USA players on how to be successful on and off the rugby field
- Skill-based group structuring to maximize the advantage for players of all ages and abilities
- Daily instruction and contact rugby scrimmaging
- Small group sizes: approximately an 8:1 player to staff ratio
- Opportunity to experience a college environment
- Individualized player assessments
- Motivational speeches from current and former USA players
- Rugby themed evening activities including video analysis, nutrition seminars, training tips and much more
- A healthy and positive learning environment to help every player get better
Mike Petri is one of the USA’s most accomplished rugby players. Petri started playing rugby at Xavier High School in New York City and was soon named captain of the Under 19 USA Rugby Team. Mike attended Penn State University on a rugby scholarship. At Penn State Mike was a four time Collegiate All American. He has been a member of the USA Men’s Rugby Team since 2006 and participated in the 2007 and 2011 Rugby World Cup.
Coach Petri is assisted by other Eagles players and local rugby coaches.
Nike Rugby Camps offer players the individualized coaching needed to improve their skill-set and gain a deeper understanding of the game. Our curriculum is the perfect blend of expert coaching, constructive drills, and fun evening activities. Coach Mike Petri will creatively teach players how to capitalize on their individual strengths and become a more dynamic player.
The overnight camp includes key fundamental drills, team strategies, match play, meals housing and evening activities. The day camp (9:00am - 4:30pm) includes all rugby instruction and lunch. Day campers will be dropped off and picked up at the end of each day at the Georgetown Campus.
Check-In and Check-Out
Check-in will take place between 8:00 and 9:00am on the first day of camp. Check-out will take place at 5:00pm on the last day of camp.
Campers are supervised 24 hours a day. The staff live in the dormitories with the campers and participate in evening activities. Drugs, alcohol and tobacco are strictly prohibited, and constitute, along with general misconduct, grounds for dismissal from camp without a refund.
Nike Rugby Camps does not provide transportation to and from airports, bus depots or train stations. The packet we send to registered campers in the spring offers suggestions on shuttle services for each specific camp.
A detailed camper registration packet containing check in location, health/release forms, emergency contact info, and a list of things to bring will be emailed to all registered campers in the spring.
Sample Daily Schedule
- 7:30am Breakfast
- 8:30 - 11:00am Training session: catch and pass technique, defensive structure, tackle technique
- 11:00 - 11:45am Touch rugby/scrimmage
- Noon Lunch
- 1:00 - 3:00pm Training session: position specific training; forwards and backs
- 3:00 - 4:00pm Touch rugby/scrimmage
- 5:00 - 6:15pm Dinner
- 6:45 - 8:30pm Exercise and science training
- 9:00 - 10:00pm Film session, evening activities
- 10:30pm Lights out