NIKE Softball Camp at Curry College Milton, Massachusetts
Nike Softball Camp at Curry College gives softball players of all abilities the opportunity to take their game to the next level and meet friends from all over the world! Every facet of the game is covered - hitting, fielding, base running, team play and more.
The camp is directed by Mehdi and Maria Belhassan. Mehdi has owned the camps since 1995, and prior to this was assistant director to the camp, starting in 1989. As a former tennis professional, and a father himself, he knows the values and dedication it takes to give “the best sports instruction.” Mehdi resides on campus throughout all camp sessions, and quickly gains the respect of all the campers. Maria directs all office and customer service operations of the camp. Maria is the background force, organizing summer events, registration packets, and the many other aspects to putting together a great summer production! Maria is available via email, and during the year the 1-800 number rings to her cell phone. Our policy is that every parent should be 100% comfortable by the time they drop off their child to our camp.
- 8:1 camper to instructor ratio
- Daily emphasis on fundamental development, team play and more
- Official NIKE Camp T-Shirt
- Great NIKE prizes
- NIKE Lanyard
- NIKE Softball Camp Graduation Certificate
Founded in 1879, Curry College is a private, four-year, liberal arts-based institution located on a wooded 135-acre campus in Milton, MA just seven miles from downtown Boston.
Curry’s athletic facilities are impressive. Improvements to the D. Forbes Will Athletic Complex include the newly constructed Walter M. Katz Field - a state-of-the-art "Field-Turf" field that will be used by the football team, men’s and women’s soccer, lacrosse programs, and baseball and softball team practice and intramurals.
Directing the NIKE Camp at Curry College is Ashton Whidden. Ashton Whidden enters her second season as a graduate assistant coach for the Franklin Pierce University softball program in 2013.
Whidden came to Franklin Pierce following an impressive playing career at St. Leo University in Florida (2008-11). She pitched for St. Leo all four seasons, including putting together a 16-15 record with a 2.76 earned run average during her junior season in 2010. She made 34 appearances that season with 30 starts, including throwing an impressive 200.2 innings.
Whidden posted an ERA below 3.0 during three of her four seasons, including a 1.62 mark as a freshman in 2008. She also logged two saves as a senior.
A native of Sarasota, Fla., Whidden earned her bachelor's degree in political science.
MORE THAN JUST SOFTBALL!
OTHER SPORTS CAMPS:
- Time: Sleepover Campers (12-2pm)/ Day & Extended Day Campers (2pm-2:30pm)
- Evaluations: All campers will start their evaluations at 3pm. ALL campers… Sleepover, Day & Extended Day Campers MUST BE evaluated. Day Campers: come dressed and ready to play.
- Lunch: On check in day, the first meal served is dinner. If you need to eat lunch with your parents, we will give you a list of several near by restaurants.
- Time: We now offer 2 check out times: 12pm-2pm and 4pm-6pm. Your child is allowed to participate in both the 1st and 2nd sports session (which runs from 2pm-4:45pm), however we understand that parents’ schedules vary, and have therefore opened the lunch time checkout.
- Location: Your check out location is the same dorm that you checked in to unless otherwise notified by our staff at check-in
- Lunch: Lunch is the last meal included on your child’s check out day.