Nike Bowerman Track Club Running Camp
TRAIN. COMPETE. IMPROVE.
WE ARE NO LONGER HOSTING THE BOWERMAN TRACK CLUB RUNNING CAMP.
You can find LIVE Nike Running Camps here. Other camps similar to the Bowerman TC Running Camp:
- Nike Union Athletics Club Middle Distance Camp, Newberg, OR
- Nike Cross Country Camp Rose City, Newberg, OR
- Nike Smoky Mountain Running Camp, Asheville, NC
- Nike Green Mountain Running Camp, Meriden, NH
- Nike Arizona Elevate Cross Country Camp, Prescott, AZ
- Nike Cross Country Camp Lake Tahoe, Lake Tahoe, CA
- Nike High Altitude Cross Country Camp, UC Colorado Springs, Colorado Springs, CO
Director Elliott Heath
Elliott Heath is the BTC club director, elite coach and assistant youth coach. He joined the Bowerman Track Club in 2012 as a professional athlete under Coach Jerry Schumacher. While pursuing his professional running career, Elliott started coaching the BTC Youth program with mentors Chris Cook and John Truax and helped the program grow to over 300 athletes. In addition to his work with the youth program, Heath has developed his passion for coaching as coach of the Bowerman Track Club Elite program, helping BTC’s amateur athletes pursue their post-collegiate running goals.View Elliot's Bio ⟩
Assistant Director Emily Pritt
Emily Pritt is the BTC Chief Operations Officer, Head Coach of the Bowerman Track Club Youth program, Bowerman 5k Race Director and a BTC Elite athlete. Since joining BTC in 2015, she has been an instrumental part of the club’s growth on all levels.View Emily's Bio ⟩
Professional Coach Jerry Schumacher
Jerry Schumacher is the head coach of the Bowerman Track Club’s professional team and one of the most accomplished distance running coaches in the world. Since becoming a full-time Nike professional coach in 2008, 19 of his athletes have made Olympic or World Championship track teams and 5 have set American Records. All told, his athletes have racked up 20 US Championships in track, added 8 more in Cross Country, and collected 5 medals at global track championships. In the span of a year, Jerry coached Shalane Flanagan to a win at the New York City Marathon and Shelby Houlihan to multiple Diamond League victories at 1,500 meters, demonstrating the breadth of his coaching acumen. In 2017 he was named the USATF Coach of the Year.View Jerry's Bio ⟩
WE WILL NOT BE HOSTING THIS CAMP IN 2023
PLEASE FIND A LIST OF LIVE NIKE RUNNING CAMPS AT www.ussportscamps.com/live/running/nike
Potential Guest Speakers:
- Jerry Shumacher: BTC Professional Coach. Jerry Schumacher is the head coach of the Bowerman Track Club’s professional team and one of the most accomplished distance running coaches in the world. Since becoming a full-time Nike professional coach in 2008, 19 of his athletes have made Olympic or World Championship track teams and five have set American Records. All told, his athletes have racked up 20 US Championships in track, added eight more in Cross Country, and collected five medals at global track championships. In the span of a year, Schumacher coached Shalane Flanagan to a win at the New York City Marathon and Shelby Houlihan to multiple Diamond League victories at 1,500 meters, demonstrating the breadth of his coaching acumen. In 2017, he was named the USATF Coach of the Year.
- Shalane Flanagan: BTC PRO, Coach. Shalane Flanagan is an American long-distance runner. She holds the American record times in the 3000 meters, 5000 m and 15K road race. She won the bronze medal at the 2008 Olympics in the 10,000 m and the bronze medal at the 2011 IAAF World Cross Country Championships.
- Pascal Dobert: BTC Professional Coach. Dobert is an American steeplechase runner. He finished seventh at the 1998 IAAF World Cup and competed at the 199 World Championships and 2000 Summer Olympics.
- Chris Cook: BTC PRESIDENT AND NIKE SHOE DEVELOPER
- Other Past and Current BTC Pros
3 Cookbooks Offered: Run Fast. Eat Slow. & Run Fast. Cook Fast. Eat Slow. And Meal Planner: Run Fast. Eat Slow. A Runner's Meal Planner
Shalane Flanagan and Elyse Kopecky, co-authors of the NY Times best-selling cookbooks, Run Fast. Eat Slow., Run Fast. Cook Fast. Eat Slow. and the Run Fast. East Slow. A Runner's Meal Planner joined us at camp last summer and gave an inspirational talk and shared their nutrition knowledge. Their goal is that all campers should leave BTCRC inspired to get into the kitchen and to help cook family dinners!
Shalane and Elyse have fond memories of attending running camps in high school, but one piece of knowledge that was always missing was any talk of nutrition—an integral part of training. They emphasize that health food doesn’t have to be bland and boring and that healthy eating isn’t just kale juice, but also a juicy burger. Their recipes promise to inspire even the pickiest of eaters!
We hope that you’ll show your support by ordering a copy of one of their award-winning cookbooks. The whole family will love their approachable and nourishing recipes. By ordering one or both books in advance, your camper will be able to receive their signed copies on the first day of camp (a fun surprise!).
- Run Fast. Eat Slow. Signed Copy $25.75
- Run Fast. Cook Fast. Eat Slow. Signed Copy $25.75
- Run Fast. Eat Slow. A Runner's Meal Planner $20.60
Learn more at runfasteatslow.com
The Mobo board will be a more integral part of the kids camp workouts this year. We are able to offer the MOBO board to our campers at a 20% discount. The discounted price is $72, you can buy when registering. By ordering one in advance, your camper can pick up their board on the first day of camp.
Designed by Jay Dicharry, one of the world’s leading physical therapists and biomechanical analysts, the MOBO board builds foot control and stability in a sport-specific way. The MOBO lets you do a wide variety of exercises that improve coordination of your foot and integrate that foot control up the chain to your hip and core. It’s unstable, but not randomly—rocking only in the pronation/supination axis that your body naturally moves in, training your foot in the same range of motion you need to run, cut, and jump. It also has a firm top surface to provide the proprioceptive feedback your foot needs, and a strategic hole that isolates your big toe, teaching you to activate it and find stability through your arch.
Showing up prepared for your sport means building durability and control in your body. MOBO is the tool you need to ensure that your feet show up ready. And building durability in your feet means less risk of injury such as plantar facia pain, shin splints, and achilles tendon pain, and better success on your run. Check out www.moboboard.com for more information.
- High School Program: 14 and up, coed, all skills levels. Entering grades 9-12.
- If you are a graduating senior and interested in attending, please contact [email protected] to discuss possible options.
**Pre-Existing Conditions: The Nike Bowerman Track Club Running Camp offers an extremely challenging athletic training program. Running on wild forest trails offers pitfalls, challenges and wild life. Please DO NOT come to camp if you have any pre-existing injuries, are not completely healthy and ready to run a minimum of 20-25 miles during camp.
Campers should be prepared to run 5-12 miles per day, 30-70 miles during the week. Mileage depends on experience and fitness. Running groups are based on current fitness level based on mileage per week and average time per mile.
- The Residence Hall
- If 5 or more runners attend with their teammates, a $50 team discount will be applied to each teammate's tuition.
Room Key Deposit:
- Please check to camp, payable to USSC. $25. The check will not be cashed unless the camper loses their card key. At the end of camp, the checks are returned upon the return of the card key.
- There is an optional rafting trip on the Deschutes River on Wednesday ($25), a camp BBQ, race videos, Cascade mountain hiking, talent show, and team Olympics. We suggest campers bring spending money for evening pizza orders. There will also be a BTC Camp Store filled with the latest BTC and Nike gear.
Redmond Municipal Airport (30 minutes from campus).
- Preferred Flight Arrival: 11:00 – 12:00 am Monday
- Preferred Flight Departure: After 12:30pm Saturday
- Shuttle service is available from the Redmond Airport to and from campus with Redmond Airport Shuttle. Campers will be met at baggage claim by the shuttle driver carrying a welcome board. Call them directly to reserve the ride. (541) 382-1687. The owners will gather names of those arriving and will bundle the campers into vans based on arrival times. Cost of the ride, for 1-4 riders, is ~$45 each way (plus tip) and ~$55 (plus tip) for 5-10 riders. The more riders per van, the less expensive per person. Please call them directly. BTC does not arrange for transport.
Sample Daily Schedule
- 7:00am Breakfast
- 8:00am Depart for morning workout
- 11:00am Guest Speaker
- 11:45am Lunch in campus cafeteria
- 1:00pm Recreational activities
- 2:30pm Holistic running breakout sessions
- 4:00pm Optional secondary run
- 5:00pm Dinner
- 6:30pm Team tournament activities
- 8:00pm Free time activities at dorm
- 10:00pm Curfew
- 10:30pm Lights out
Located at Oregon State University-Cascades, in beautiful Bend, OR, campers train at state of the art facilities, stay in The Residence Hall, two double bedroom suites with one shared bath.
The Nike Bowerman Track Club Running Camp is open to any and all entrants.
Mason had a great week at camp.
SECURE YOUR SPOT – CAMPS SELL OUT!
Last year over 650 Sports Camps sold out, leaving 7,000+ campers on the waitlist. Due to high demand, early registration for our first-come-first-serve camps is strongly recommended.