Nike Cross Country Camp Lake Tahoe
2024 DATES AND PRICES ANNOUNCED!
The Nike Lake Tahoe High Altitude XC Camp is sure to provide a memorable summer camp experience in South Lake Tahoe!
A beautiful Northern California XC camp location at Tahoe Prep Academy in South Lake Tahoe, California, offering a picturesque setting and high altitude trails for XC runners looking to train, improve, and have fun!
The Nike Lake Tahoe High Altitude XC Camp offers a mix of learning, training, and recreation for both high school and middle school cross country runners, and delivers an action-packed week of training, competition, and fun evening activities!
Campers leave as better, smarter runners to tackle their upcoming cross country season.
- Middle and High School XC Running (12-17yrs)
- Beautiful Trail Running in Lake Tahoe
- Perfect Camp Setting at Tahoe Prep Academy
- High Altitude Training
- Nike Running Camp T-shirt
- View More Details ⟩
Head Coach AJ Acosta
AJ Acosta has a long storied career spanning his high school years as national champion and won the 2005 Foot Locker Cross Country Championships to his years as an Oregon runner, an eight time All American and 2x US Olympic Trial participant. Acosta currently resides in Alameda where he coaches at Bishop O'Dowd High School.View AJ's Bio ⟩
Daily training includes trail runs, as well as break out sessions with guest speakers, discussing such topics as nutrition, race strategy and tactics, and running collegiately.
Aside from training, Lake Tahoe High Altitude XC Camp provides daily fun activities, including a lake day on the shores of Lake Tahoe. This camp will help campers develop as a runner, while gaining self-confidence and making new friends.
SECURE YOUR SPOT!
Please Note: This camp SOLD OUT in 2023. You can expect a high demand on these first-come-first-serve camper spots.
- Dates: July 28 - August 1
- Age Group: 12-17
- Gender: Co-ed
- Camp Type: Overnight, Day
- Check-in: (Overnight Campers only) Sunday, July 28, 2024,1:00PM-1:30PM
- Check-out: (All Campers) Thursday, August 1, 2024, 12:00PM
- Day Camper Schedule:
- Sunday, July 28 (12:00PM-5:00PM), Monday, July 29-Wednesday, July 31, 2024, 8:00AM-5:00PM; Thursday, August 1, 2023, 7:00AM-12:00PM
- Location: Tahoe Prep Academy- Basketball Courts
- View the map here
- Meals: All meals are provided at the on-campus dining facility.
All Campers should arrive at camp, prepared to run on Sunday, the 1st day of camp.
PREPARE FOR CAMP: COMPLETE YOUR PRE-CAMP CHECKLIST
To view your customer account, complete your mandatory forms, pay balance dues, and review important camp information, visit Pre-Camp Checklist.
All necessary camp information is on this page. If there are any imperative changes prior to camp start, registered campers will be notified via email and this webpage will be updated!
- Dorm: Assigned at check in
- Campers Per Room: 2
- Roommates: Guaranteed if requested 14 days prior to camp
- Bathrooms: Shared on floor
- Linens: Not provided
- Air Conditioning: Yes
- Key Deposit: We do not require a room key or meal card deposit. However, if you do not return your key or meal card on the last day of camp, you will be responsible for all replacement charges from the host facility. US Sports Camps will charge the camper credit card on file for all costs due.
Staff members reside in campers’ quarters and participate in all activities.
WHAT'S INCLUDED IN THE FEES:
- Overnight Campers: Features several instructional sessions per day, three hot meals, and lodging in residence halls. An evening recreation program is also included.
- Day Campers: Includes daily training runs and instructional sessions per day, as well as lunch for day campers. Day campers do not receive breakfast or dinner.
INSTRUCTION, EQUIPMENT & FACILITY
- Ratio: 1:10 staff to camper ratio
- Grouped by: age and ability
- Evaluation: by coaching staff
- Equipment: Campers should bring at least two pairs of broken in running shoes. Spikes/racing flats are optional. Please be sure to properly mark your equipment, so that it can be easily identified.
- Facility: Tahoe Prep Academy, Lake Tahoe local roads and trails
Transportation is not provided. Campers are responsible for getting to and from camp on their own. There is no supervision before or after camp hours so please make arrangements to pick up your child on time.
CHECKLIST OF THINGS TO BRING:
Below is a suggested list of clothes, equipment and personal items. US Sports Camps is NOT responsible for lost or stolen articles or money.
- Extra Athletic clothing
- 1-2 pairs of broken in running shoes/ event spikes
- Non-running shoes
- Water bottle
- Small gym bag/backpack
- Extra spending money (suggested $40)
OVERNIGHT CAMPERS ONLY:
- Athletic clothing mentioned above
- Non-running shoes
- Comfortable non-running clothing
- Underwear and socks
- Personal items & medications
- Washcloth and bath towel
- Alarm clock
- Swimsuit and towel
- Pen and paper for notes during guest speakers
- Cell phone (if you have one)
- Fan (optional)
- Pillow, pillowcase, bed sheets, comforter or sleeping bag (linens are NOT provided)
- Extra spending money (suggested $40)
- Laundry detergent
GEAR UP FOR CAMP
All Nike Cross Country Campers receive a Nike camp t-shirt as part of their tuition. Additional Nike Camp gear is available for purchase at check-out or can be purchased at any time on our storefront.
Most camps have an athletic trainer on-site to help with illness or injury. In case of an emergency, campers will be transported to the nearest hospital.
For information regarding our cancellation policy and all other company policies, please visit USSC Policies.
NIKE CROSS COUNTRY CAMP FAQ
For general questions about our Cross Country camps please see our FAQ page.
Sample Daily Schedule
- 8:00 am Breakfast
- 9:15 am Morning Run
- 10:30 am Speaker
- 12:00 pm Lunch
- 1:30 pm Classroom Session
- 3:00 pm 2nd Run and/or Training Activity
- 5:00pm Day Campers - Check-Out & Departure
- 5:00pm Overnight Campers - Free Time
- 6:00 pm Dinner
- 7:00pm Evening Activity
- 9:30pm Room Check
- 10:00pm Lights out!
Tahoe Prep Academy
Tahoe Prep Academy is located in South Lake Tahoe, California on 16.2 acres in the Meyers community.
Campers stay in dorm style housing (2 campers per dorm room) at the Tahoe Prep Academy.
We also have fun activities, including a scheduled fun run/ picnic day complete with a visit to the Lake Tahoe beach, located nearby for swimming and relaxation!
Camp Questions & Answers
How are runners placed in their training groups?
Training groups are based on a combination of current/recent weekly mileage and fitness level, season & personal best(s), and home geographical location. A change in groups can be accommodated if staff members leading those groups feel it is needed.
Can I come to camp alone or do I have to be a member of a team?
We welcome individual campers and teams. If you come to camp by yourself, we place you in a room with other single campers, similar in age. It's a great place to meet new friends who share your enthusiasm for the sport and to have FUN!
How many miles do we run each day?
Athletes will run 1-2x per day, depending on schedule and campers current fitness level, with morning session being a distance run and the afternoon session being either a 2nd run or active recovery/training activity.
Actual distances vary based on runner’s current mileage and fitness level.
Can you accommodate special dietary needs?
Campers dine at Tahoe Academy, which offers a variety of different meal options that are sure to accommodate most campers’ dietary needs.
In the case that a camper possesses dietary restrictions, please reach out via email to [email protected], to make the proper accommodations.
Are the campers supervised throughout the camp?
Yes, campers are supervised by the coaches and staff. Staff members provide supervision during instruction, dining times, evening activities, and in rooms/cabins.
All staff members complete criminal and sex offender background checks before working the camp.
What are some of the evening activities that are planned for the campers?
Fun and exciting evening activities are an important part of the camp experience and are carefully planned by the staff.
Evening activities include challenge course, volleyball, campfires, Frisbee, free time and more.
Does the Health & Release Form need to be signed by a doctor?
Our Health & Release Form does not require a doctor’s signature. This form is required to be filled out accurately, completed online when registering
August 14, 2023: My son enjoyed himself, improved his running time and learned new techniques.
Loved The Closing Ceremony
My daughter enjoyed the balance of training with social/recreational activities. She also loved the coach
— Parent of Attendee from a Similar Camp in 2022
SECURE YOUR SPOT – CAMPS SELL OUT!
Last year over 650 Sports Camps sold out, leaving 7,000+ campers on the waitlist. Due to high demand, early registration for our first-come-first-serve camps is strongly recommended.