Worcester State University Nike Field Hockey Camp Worcester, Massachusetts
Field Hockey players of all abilities are invited to join Coach Chenevet for an unforgettable camp experience.
Players train on a state-of-the-art turf field to develop their stickwork technique, their strategic game play and to further develop their love of the game. Campers will be trained individually in all of the major fundamental areas of the game: hitting, 1v1 elimination skills, passing, scoring and defensive skills. The focus of camp is on sport fundamentals, teamwork skills and game play. Instruction is available to girls, ages 10-18, playing at any ability level from beginner to advanced.
- Minimum of six hours of instruction daily
- Instruction from prominent college and high school coaches as well as former or current collegiate athletes
- Partner Camp and sanctioned to make referrals to the US Field Hockey Futures program
- 10:1 Camper to Staff ratio
- Special goalkeeping instruction
- Personal evaluations from your coach
- Reversible jersey, STX water bottle and STX ball
- STX sticks are awarded as prizes
Located only one hour west of Boston, picturesque Worcester State University spans 58 acres in the residential west side of Worcester, Massachusetts.
Worcester State University is also hosting a Nike Lacrosse Camp this summer. For more information, click on the link.Meet your coaching staff
Coach Chenevert has been the Head Field Hockey Coach Shrewsbury High School since 1999. In 2007 she led her team to the State Finalists and claimed the title of 2007 Central Mass Champs. In 2004 they were named District Finalists. Coach Chenevert was named Central Mass Coach of the year in 2007 and 2004.Read Full Bio
- 4 CMASS Players of the Year
- 9 Mid-Wach A League MVPs
- Founder Worcester County United Field Hockey Academy, 2006
- Former Futures Elite Assistant Coach
- Cape Cod Classic and Super Sophs Massachusetts State Coach – 1999-present
- 4 Championships CCC
- 3 Championships SS
- Graduate of Springfield College: minor in coaching , a member of the field hockey team
- Camp Coach: UConn, Springfield College, Holy Cross, WPI
- Coached players attending UConn, Boston College, UAlbany, Providence College, Stonehill College, Assumption College, Babson College, Bowdoin College etc.
- Several players have gone on to become Collegiate All-Americans and have won NCAA titles
- Married 8 years, with three children, Masters in Education
Camp Code: FHGRWS
*Please note, this information is subject to change.
Check-in: between 1:00-2:00pm on the first day at Wasylean Residence Hall Lobby
Players Grouped by: skill, age, years of experience
Evaluation: Written by coaching staff
Equipment Needed: hockey stick, water bottle, mouth guard, shin guards, court and turf shoes and goalies must bring full goalie protective equipment
Facility: Campers train on grass and turf fields. If it rains, there are indoor courts available
Dorm: Wasylean Residence Hall
Campers Per Room: 4, 6, or 8 person suites
Roommates: guaranteed if requested 14 days prior to camp
Bathrooms: each suite has 2 full bathrooms
Linens: Not provided
Air Conditioning: YES
Key Deposit: $140 – Bring a check made out to US Sports
Spending Money: $40
Medical Facility: an athletic trainer is on-site and a doctor is on-call for emergencies
Closest Airport: Boston’s Logan International Airport
Transportation: Not provided
Sample Daily Schedule
- 7:30 Breakfast
- 8:45 Stretching/warm-up
- 9:00 Training session- skills/small game tactics
- 11:30 Rest/individual help
- 12:30 Lunch
- 1:45 Warm-up
- 2:00 Training session- skills session
- 4:30 Rest
- 5:00 Dinner
- 6:00 Training session- scrimmages
- 8:30 Evening activities
- 10:30 Lights out
Why You’ll Love NIKE Field Hockey Camps
America’s best coaches!
NIKE Field Hockey Camps work with the most respected and accomplished group of instructors and coaches in the country. Our NIKE Camp Directors are talented athletes themselves; they share your passion for field hockey and have made a career of sharing their knowledge and experience with hundreds of young athletes. They, and their carefully chosen staffs, never lose sight of the fact that great players are created one at a time. At NIKE Field Hockey Camps, expect personal, individualized instruction – and with it - RESULTS!
Make new friends!
Who says getting better can’t be fun too? At NIKE Field Hockey Camps, you’ll meet other young athletes who share your love of this sport. On or off the field, you’ll share an experience you will remember forever.
A NIKE Field Hockey Camp immerses you in the sport, giving you the kind of focused, intensive training essential to improvement. Over the course of each camp, your self-confidence will grow along with your skills.
A program for your age and skill level
NIKE Field Hockey Camps are designed to help players, ages 10–18, develop athletically. You’ll master fundamental skills, experience lots of game competition, make friends and fall in love with field hockey.
Upon arrival at camp, all campers are evaluated by the Director and Staff and placed in the program that best suits them for an experience that’s effective and fun!
Campers are supervised 24 hours a day. Staff members reside in campers’ quarters and participate in all evening activities. Drugs, alcohol and smoking are strictly forbidden and constitute, along with general misconduct, grounds for immediate dismissal from camp without refund.
Mouthguards and shinguards are required for all players. Goalkeepers must supply their own helmets, leg guards, kickers, chest protectors and gloves.
Get better together this summer! Teams are welcome and encouraged at all locations. Camp is a great way for teams to improve their skills individually as well as enhance their overall team unity. Register together as a team to ensure group placement on and off the field. Please call for details!Read camper reviews