Worcester State University Nike Field Hockey Camp Worcester, Massachusetts
Field Hockey players of all abilities are invited to join Coach Chenevet for an unforgettable camp experience.
Players train on a state-of-the-art turf field to develop their stickwork technique, their strategic game play and to further develop their love of the game. Campers will be trained individually in all of the major fundamental areas of the game: hitting, 1v1 elimination skills, passing, scoring and defensive skills. The focus of camp is on sport fundamentals, teamwork skills and game play. Instruction is available to girls, ages 10-18, playing at any ability level from beginner to advanced.
- Minimum of six hours of instruction daily
- Instruction from prominent college and high school coaches as well as former or current collegiate athletes
- Partner Camp and sanctioned to make referrals to the US Field Hockey Futures program
- 10:1 Camper to Staff ratio
- Special goalkeeping instruction
- Personal evaluations from your coach
- Reversible jersey, STX water bottle and STX ball
- STX sticks are awarded as prizes
Located only one hour west of Boston, picturesque Worcester State University spans 58 acres in the residential west side of Worcester, Massachusetts.
Worcester State University is also hosting a Nike Lacrosse Camp this summer. For more information, click on the link.Meet your coaching staff
Coach Chenevert has been the Head Field Hockey Coach Shrewsbury High School since 1999. Some of her accomplishments include:
- 2012 and 2007 State Finalists
- 2009 State Semi-Finalists
- 2012, 2009 & 2007 CMass District Champs
- 2004 CMASS District Finalists
- 2005 and 2007 Central Mass Coach of the Year
- 4 CMASS Players of the Year
- 10 Mid-Wach A League MVPs.
- Founder Worcester County United Field Hockey Academy, 2006
- Former Futures Elite Assistant Coach
- Cape Cod Classic and Super Sophs Massachusetts State Coach – 1999-present
- 4 Championships CCC
- 3 Championships SS
- Graduate of Springfield College: minor in coaching , a member of the field hockey team
- Camp Coach: UConn, Springfield College, Holy Cross, WPI
- Coached players attending UConn, Boston College, UAlbany, Providence College, Stonehill College, Assumption College, Babson College, Bowdoin College etc.
- Several players have gone on to become Collegiate All-Americans and have won NCAA titles
- Married 8 years, with three children, Masters in Education
2014 CAMP INFORMATION
The NIKE Field Hockey camp at Worcester State University provides campers with top quality instruction plus:
Overnight campers: Dormitory housing on campus and all meals are provided.
Extended Day campers (9am-9pm - except on ﬁrst and last day): Lunch and dinner are provided.
24-hour supervision is an important feature of every NIKE Field Hockey Camp. Staff members reside in campers’ quarters and participate in all activities.
*Please note, this information is subject to change.
Check-in: between 1:00-2:00pm on the first day at Wasylean Residence Hall Lobby
Check-out: Graduation is at 12:00pm on the last day at the John Caughlin field
*Final games will take place from 9:00am-11:00am. Parents are invited to attend!
Players Grouped by: skill, age, years of experience
Evaluation: Written by coaching staff
Equipment Needed: hockey stick, water bottle, mouth guard, shin guards, court and turf shoes and goalies must bring full goalie protective equipment
Facility: Campers train on grass and turf fields. If it rains, there are indoor courts available
Dorm: Wasylean Residence Hall
Campers Per Room: 4, 6, or 8 person suites
Roommates: request at least 14 days prior to camp
Bathrooms: each suite has 2 full bathrooms
Linens: Not provided
Air Conditioning: YES
Key Deposit: $140 – Bring a check made out to US Sports
Spending Money: $40
Medical Facility: an athletic trainer is on-site and a doctor is on-call for emergencies
Closest Airport: Boston’s Logan International Airport
Transportation: Not provided
Sample Daily Schedule
- 7:30 Breakfast
- 8:45 Stretching/warm-up
- 9:00 Training session- skills/small game tactics
- 11:30 Rest/individual help
- 12:30 Lunch
- 1:45 Warm-up
- 2:00 Training session- skills session
- 4:30 Rest
- 5:00 Dinner
- 6:00 Training session- scrimmages
- 8:30 Evening activities
- 10:30 Lights out
Team Discount: If eight or more campers register together, as a group by mail or fax, each camper will receive a $30 discount. Click “Get Brochure” above and print the application. All applications must be received at the same time via mail or fax. If all members of your group pay with a Visa or MasterCard, feel free to fax your applications to 415-479-6061 to expedite processing. Late or individual registrations are not eligible to receive the group discount. Discount does not apply to team only camps.Read camper reviews