Field Hockey Camp Questions & Answers
- Why Nike Field Hockey Camps?
- I finished registration, What's next?
- When will I get my confirmation email?
- What is Cancellation Protection?
- How do I redeem my voucher?
- What is the difference between the Overnight, Extended Day, and Day programs?
- What type of programs do you offer?
- Can my team come to camp and train together?
- Do goalkeepers need to bring their own equipment?
- What should I bring to a Day or Extended day camp?
- Do you offer group discounts?
- Do you offer scholarships?
1 Why Nike Field Hockey Camps?
Nike Field Hockey Camps provide a fun and safe environment that allows players of all abilities to enhance their performance on the field. Campers will receive training from an excellent coaching staff and can expect to build confidence in their game, improve their skills, and make new friends that share the same love for the sport.
2 I finished registration, What's next?
- Fill out your Health & Release Forms: Use your confirmation number (in your confirmation email to complete your health & release forms ahead of camp! Please visit https://www.ussportscamps.com/health-and-release-faq/ and review your packet for any camp specifics forms * If your camper is attending a camp in Massachusetts or Connecticut, please follow the Health & Release Form instructions listed in your Information Packet.
- Read your Info Packet: This will be sent via email 1-2 weeks prior to the camp start date which will provide important information and details about your Nike Field Hockey Camp including: Onsite Camp Director contact information, Mandatory Health and Release forms and waivers, Peace of Mind & Cancellation Policy, and Covid-19 safety information.
3 When will I get my confirmation email?
A confirmation email from USSC Notification will be sent 24-48 hours after submitting your registration. Please make sure to check your spam/junk inbox. If you do not receive a confirmation, email [email protected] for assistance.
4 What is Cancellation Protection?
US Sports Camps offers our camp families Cancellation Protection for $100 per session, due at the time of registration. Cancellation Protection entitles you to a full refund of your camp tuition fees paid to date if you cancel for any reason before your final payment date (the first day of the month prior to the month of your camp start date. i.e. final pay date is May 1st if your camp date begins in the month of June). Please note: $100 Cancellation Protection and the Registration Fee are non-refundable.
With Cancellation Protection, if you cancel after your final payment due date and at least 24 hours prior to camp check-in, you will receive a VOUCHER for all tuition fees paid, valid through the following calendar year. Participants who DO NOT attend their registered session (no-shows for any reason) or who do not contact US Sports Camps to cancel at least 24 hours prior to camp check-in will not receive a voucher or refund. Your VOUCHER is transferable to an immediate family member and may be used in the sport in which you initially registered.
For more information, please refer to our Peace of Mind Policy page.
5 How do I redeem my voucher?
Vouchers have to be redeemed over the phone! In order to apply your voucher to your new registration purchase, please give us a call at 1-800-645-3226, and we will be happy to assist you with your registration using the voucher.
6 What is the difference between the Overnight, Extended Day, and Day programs?
Overnight Camps: Experience everything that Nike Field Hockey Camps has to offer! The overnight option includes morning, afternoon and evening training sessions from an elite coaching staff, fun evening activities, all meals throughout the day, and on-campus housing in the dorms.
Extended Day Camps: Ideal for commuter campers looking for the full camp experience, but allows campers to return home after a hard day's work. The extended day option will have drop off and pick up times each day of camp. This program includes morning, afternoon and evening training sessions, lunch, dinner, and fun evening activities.
Day Camps: Campers will receive elite-level instruction with morning and afternoon training sessions. Day camps typically run from 9:00am to 12:00pm or 3:00pm (times vary by location). Lunch is provided at select locations.
7 What type of programs do you offer?
All Skills: This program is geared towards players of all abilities. The camp program includes stick work instruction & skills, technical & tactical training, offensive & defensive skills, and positioning work. Stick work and skill instruction will be taught through drills and competition, which is not only fun, but very effective for skill development. Goalie-specific training is available as well.
Sticks for Starters: This program is designed for players who are just starting out or are new to the sport of field hockey. Campers can get a jump-start on their stick work, learn fundamental concepts, and build a solid foundation from highly-skilled staff in a fun and encouraging environment.
8 Can my team come to camp and train together?
Yes! We encourage teams to register and train together. Teams can be placed together on the field for all training sessions and games. Please add a note at check-out and mention it to the camp director on day 1.
9 Do goalkeepers need to bring their own equipment?
Yes! Goalkeepers must bring their own full set of protective equipment. Nike Field Hockey camps does not provide equipment for campers.
10 What should I bring to a Day or Extended day camp?
Below is a suggested generic list of clothes, equipment, and personal. Items to bring with your to camp. This list varies per camp. It is recommended to look directly in your info pack for specific items to bring.
- Athletic, on-field clothing (t-shirts, shorts)
- Turf shoes or sneakers
- Reversible jersey
- Hockey stick(s)
- Mouth guard
- Shin guards
- Goggles (not required, but recommended)
- Water bottle
- Small gym bag/backpack
- Packed lunch and snacks (view camp webpage for details on meals)
- COVID PPE (as required by state/local guidelines)
Please refer to the information packet for more recommended items to bring for an Overnight camp
11 Do you offer group discounts?
Yes! If you have a group of eight or more campers registering for the same camp, each camper is eligible for a discount. Please have someone contact the US Sports Camps office at 1-800-645-3226 or email [email protected] with the names of each camper in the group and we will create a unique discount code for your group to be used at check-out.
12 Do you offer scholarships?
Unfortunately, we cannot offer scholarships due to NCAA regulations. Our affiliation with NCAA coaches and schools puts us in a position where any scholarship money can be seen as an inducement to a future collegiate athlete. This puts our coaches and our host universities in jeopardy of damaging their status with the NCAA and incurring penalties at the hands of their organizing body.