Running Camp Questions & Answers
- Why Nike Running Camps?
- I finished registration. What's next?
- When will I get my confirmation email?
- How do I redeem my voucher?
- What are the differences between overnight, extended day, and day camps?
- Do you offer scholarships?
- Can my team come to camp and train together?
- What is your cancellation policy?
- What is Cancellation Protection?
- Is transportation available?
- What should I bring to a Day or Extended Day camp?
- What do campers do on the weekends if I am signed up for multiple sessions at Green Mountain and the Smoky Mountain Camp?
- How do I find information about bus transportation from the Atlanta area or airport shuttle transportation to the Smoky Mountain Running Camp?
1 Why Nike Running Camps?
Nike Running Camps are unlike any other running camps in the country! We provide premier instruction with top coaches at the best facilities. Our coaches create a fun yet challenging atmosphere, providing both event specific training and educational instruction to help you become an all-around athlete.
2 I finished registration. What's next?
- Fill out your Health & Release Forms: Use your confirmation number (in your confirmation email) to complete your health & release forms ahead of camp! Please visit https://www.ussportscamps.com/health-and-release-faq/ and review your packet for any camp specifics forms * If your camper is attending a camp in Massachusetts or Connecticut, please follow the Health & Release Form instructions listed in your Information Packet.
- Read your Camp Webpage: an email will be sent out close to the camp start date which includes reminders for camp and guidance on the following important information and more: Onsite Camp Director contact information, Mandatory Health and Release forms and waivers, Peace of Mind & Cancellation Policy, and Covid-19 safety information.
3 When will I get my confirmation email?
A confirmation email from USSC Notification will be sent 24-48 hours after submitting your registration. Please make sure to check your spam/junk inbox. If you do not receive a confirmation email, you can contact us at [email protected] for assistance.
4 How do I redeem my voucher?
Vouchers have to be redeemed over the phone! In order to apply your voucher to your new registration purchase, please give us a call at 1-800-645-3226, and we will be happy to assist you with your registration using the voucher.
5 What are the differences between overnight, extended day, and day camps?
Overnight Camps: Experience everything Nike Running Camps has to offer! Our overnight camps include running instruction, fun evening activities, all meals, and on-campus housing.
Extended Day Camps: Ideal for commuter campers looking for the full camp experience. Includes 7+ hours of daily running instruction, lunch, dinner, and evening activities. Extended Day camps typically run from 9am-8pm or 9pm daily.
Day Camps: Day Camps offer the same great instruction and games as our Overnight Camps, but allows campers to return home after a hard day’s work. Day camps typically run from 9am-3pm or 4pm daily.
6 Do you offer scholarships?
Unfortunately, we cannot offer scholarships due to NCAA regulations. Our affiliation with NCAA coaches and schools puts us in a position where any scholarship money can be seen as an inducement to a future collegiate athlete. This puts our coaches and our host universities in jeopardy of damaging their status with the NCAA and incurring penalties at the hands of their organizing body.
7 Can my team come to camp and train together?
Yes! We encourage teams to register and train together. Teams can be placed together for all workout sessions. Please add a note at check-out and mention it to the camp director on day 1.
8 What is your cancellation policy?
If you cancel for any reason, up to 24 hours prior to camp check-in, you will receive a VOUCHER for all tuition fees paid, valid through the following calendar year. Your VOUCHER is transferable to an immediate family member and may be used for any Nike Running Camp this summer or next. Participants who DO NOT attend their registered session (no-shows for any reason) or who do not contact US Sports Camps to cancel at least 24 hours prior to camp check-in will not receive a voucher or refund.
*For our Nike Cross Country and Track & Field Camp of Champions at Stanford University ONLY: You can cancel for any reason up to 14-days prior to camp start to receive a refund, less a $100 cancellation fee. Participants who do not cancel prior to that 14-day period will not receive a refund or voucher.
9 What is Cancellation Protection?
US Sports Camps offers our camp families Cancellation Protection for $100 per session, due at the time of registration. Cancellation Protection entitles you to a full refund of your camp tuition fees paid to date if you cancel for any reason before your final payment date (the first day of the month prior to the month of your camp start date. i.e. final pay date is May 1st if your camp date begins in the month of June). Please note: $100 Cancellation Protection and the Registration Fee are non-refundable.
With Cancellation Protection, if you cancel after your final payment due date and at least 24 hours prior to camp check-in, you will receive a VOUCHER for all tuition fees paid, valid through the following calendar year. Participants who DO NOT attend their registered session (no-shows for any reason) or who do not contact US Sports Camps to cancel at least 24 hours prior to camp check-in will not receive a voucher or refund. Your VOUCHER is transferable to an immediate family member and may be used in the sport in which you initially registered.
10 Is transportation available?
We do not provide transportation to or from camp. If you are flying, we recommend using an airport shuttle service. Please schedule flights as close as you can to the check-in times on the first day and check-out times on the last day.
11 What should I bring to a Day or Extended Day camp?
Below is a suggested generic list of clothes, equipment, and personal items to bring with your to camp. This list varies per camp. It is recommended to look directly in your Camp Information Packet for specific items to bring.
• Athletic clothing (t-shirts, shorts)
• Broken-in running shoes (1-2 pairs)
• Shoes to wear when not running
• Water bottle
• Packed lunch and snacks
• Small gym bag/backpack
• COVID PPE (as required by state/local guidelines)
Please refer to the information packet for more recommended items to bring for an Overnight camp.
12 What do campers do on the weekends if I am signed up for multiple sessions at Green Mountain and the Smoky Mountain Camp?
There is a $150 fee for campers who are signed up for multiple sessions and would like to stay on campus in between. This fee covers a two night stay and supervision. Campers will continue to participate in organized runs and activities through the weekend into the next camp session.
13 How do I find information about bus transportation from the Atlanta area or airport shuttle transportation to the Smoky Mountain Running Camp?
Information on how to make your bus or airport shuttle reservation will be available in your registration packet emailed to you upon registration. For more information please contact us at 1-800-645-3226.