Nike Girls Lacrosse Camp at Saint Vincent College Latrobe, Pennsylvania
Ideally located just 35 miles from Pittsburgh, Saint Vincent College sits on a 200-acre picturesque campus in Laurel Highlands of PA. Saint Vincent College is also the Training Camp Home to the Pittsburgh Steelers of the NFL.
At the Nike Girls Lacrosse Camp at Saint Vincent College, our goal is to stimulate a love for the game by immersing you in the sport and giving you the kind of focused, intensive training essential to improvement. Over the course of camp, your enthusiasm and self-confidence will grow along with your skills.
- Complete Skills Camp for Girls Ages 10-18
- Superior instruction from College Coaches
- 8:1 camper to instructor on field ratio
- Daily emphasis on fundamentals, position training, drills and scrimmages
- Team discounts available
- Special goalie instruction and discounts available
- Reversible mesh Nike practice jersey
- Nike and STX Prizes for outstanding play, sportsmanship and improvement
Meet your coaching staff
Tom Harbert is camp director. Coach Harbert is a Pittsburgh area lacrosse legend with over 38 years on the Saint Vincent College athletic faculty and was voted into the Pennsylvania Sports Hall of Fame in 2008.Read Full Bio
Tom has coached the wrestling, cross-country, and lacrosse teams at Saint Vincent College for 33 years. His student/athletes have participated in various athletic national championships and won numerous Saint Vincent and National academic awards. Harbert was a PA State Wrestling Champion at Shippensburg University, attended the Olympic Trials and was inducted into the National Wrestling Hall of Fame in 2009. He has been awarded the NAIA 'District Coach of the Year' and the 'Letterman of Distinction Award.'
While at Saint Vincent he has brought the men's lacrosse team from a club team to a varsity sports program. He has worked with the Japanese Lacrosse Association, coached the North Team in the Allegheny Lacrosse League's All-Star game four times, served as the League's commissioner, and started the Latrobe Summer Lacrosse program. He is also responsible for establishing Saint Vincent College's first women's lacrosse team, entering his 8th year at the helm of the women’s squad. Players from his teams have made the Division II Senior All-Star games as well as been selected to NCAA Division III All-West teams. His lacrosse teams have earned runners- up tournament awards and several team sportswomen awards including the YWCA Sportswomen’s Award in 2001. Coach Harbert is currently active on the US Lacrosse Coaches Council and ECAC Games Committee. The camp features top college coaches as well as players that will offer you an unforgettable camp experience at St. Vincent College this summer!
- Shaler Area High School (2009-present) Head Varsity Lacrosse Coach
- 2013 WPIAL D2 CHAMPIONS!
- Section Champions (2010, 2013)
- WPIAL playoff competitors 4/4 years
- Vice President WPGLCA
- Intrepid Lacrosse Club (2009-2011) Head Coach
- Wilson College (2008-2009) Head Women’s Lacrosse Coach, Assistant Athletic Director
- Saint Vincent College (2005-2013) Nike Lacrosse Camp Coach
- Saint Vincent College (2007-2008) Assistant Coach
- Greater Latrobe School District (2006-2008) Assistant Coach
- Greater Latrobe Parks and Recreation (2005-2008) Director of Lacrosse Clinics
- Saint Vincent College-D2 (2001-2005)
-4 year starter and captain
- Jym Walters - Head Coach, Saint Vincent
- Lindsey Lutz - Head Coach, Shenandoah University
- Jeff Giordan - Goalie Coach, Former Saint Vincent College Player
- Stephanie Janice - Head Coach, Allegheny College
- Other outstanding coaches and players
• Extended Day Campers – between 1:00-2:00pm
Linens: Not provided
Air Conditioning: Yes
Suggested spending money: $40
Medical facility: a certified trainer will be on staff at all times.
Campers are supervised 24 hours a day. The staff live in the dormitories with the campers and participate in evening activities. Drugs, alcohol and tobacco are strictly prohibited, and constitute, along with general misconduct, grounds for dismissal from camp without a refund.
Sample Daily Schedule
- 7:30 am Breakfast (Overnighters)
- 9:00 am Stretching and Conditioning
- 9:30 am Line Drills and Stations
- 10:30 am Position Work
- Noon Lunch and rest
- 1:30 pm 1v1, 2v2, and fastbreaks
- 3:00 pm Drill stations and scrimmaging
- 5:00 pm Dinner and supervised free time
- 6:30 pm Back to field for games
- 9:00 pm Extended Day Campers depart
- 10:00 pm Overnight Campers to rooms; Lights out!