Nike Multi-Sport and Language Camp at San Domenico San Anselmo, California
Click to enlarge and view gallery »
Join the fun this summer and attend the West Coast Adventure Camp at San Domenico. Offering an incredible two week combination of ELS language, Nike Sport camp training sessions and Bay Area excursions - this camp is guaranteed fun!
This ELS and Nike Sport Camp is designed for international students ages 9 to 15 who want to get better at Sports and Improve their English this summer! Campers will live and play at The San Domenico School, a beautiful California prep school located in Marin Country, just 15 miles from San Francisco. With the backdrop of Marin County's most beautiful hills, and blue sunny skies, the campus offers over 515 acres of state-of-the art academic facilities, playing fields, a music conservatory, riding stables, swimming pool, gymnasium, one-acre organic garden, 2,358 solar panels, and six tennis courts, WIth plenty of places to play and explore, campers will treasure an unforgettable summer experience of meeting new friends, improving their English and getting better at Sports. What's more, the location is also perfect for exploring the stunning beauty of Northern California - from its rustic beaches, coastal farmland to its charming cities,exciting theme parks and its famous Golden Gate Bridge. For more details about the program please see our West Coast Adventure Camp brochure.
The combined camp format will feature three hours of Nike Sport camp in the morning followed by 1 and 1/2 hours of language lessons after lunch. Each afternoon, campers will have the choice of swimming, playing organized games and embarking on excursions within Marin County and the surrounding Bay Area. Over the weekend, campers will experience the thrilling rides at Six Flaggs and see the famous and iconic sites of San Francisco. Please visit our camp calendar for detailed scheduled activities.
Come join us for a two week adventure that will have campers enjoying a fun, dynamic summer sport program while improving core English skills in a beautiful and safe setting.
- Daily Nike sport instruction daily (Monday through Friday) - campers choose between basketball, tennis or soccer
- 10 hours of English instruction per week
- NIKE cross-training performance shoes, Camp Tee-shirt, ELS Towel, USB wristband with the chance to win many fun prizes!
- Fun on-campus activities include: swimming, ceramics/pottery classes, kickball, dodge ball, wiffle ball, hiking and much more!
- Exciting weekend trips include: exploring all over San Francisco, Six Flags amusement park, and a visit to see a Major League Baseball game!
- 24 hour supervision and low camper to staff ratio
San Domenico is an independent co-educational (pre-K through Grade 12) day and boarding school located on 495 acres in San Anselmo, California. Founded in 1850, it is California's first independent school. On campus, are state-of-the-art academic faculties, a music conservatory, riding stables, swimming pool, gymnasium, an organic garden, 2,358 solar panels, and six tennis courts. San Anselmo is located in Marin County, eight kilometers from Central San Rafael and 26 kilometers north from downtown San Francisco. From Marin County, the beautiful Napa and Sonoma counties as well as the Northern California coastline and beaches are within a 50-minute drive.
Meet your coaching staff
Coach Mike Fulton is a full time faculty member and an athletic director at San Domenico. He is the head coach of our High School Varsity basketball team. A native of Marin, Coach Fulton played basketball at Drake High, College of Marin, and Cal Lutheran University. He has coached at Terra Linda High School, The Branson School, and also led the College of Marin Women's Basketball program to top ten rankings several times in his tenure as coach. With 20 years of basketball experience, Coach Fulton is recognized as one of the best coaches in Northern California. He is the founder and director of The Marin Basketball Intensive, and is coaching director of the Strictly Hoops AAU programs. In addition to serving as San Domenico School's Athletic Director, Mike also teaches physical education to 6-8 grade students, coaches the middle school boys' Flag Football team, and the girls' seventh grade basketball team.
Rob brings a wealth of knowledge to the San Domenico School Tennis Program. He has more than 20 years experience of coaching and teaching at Ross Valley Tennis Club. He was born and raised in Kentfield, California and began playing tennis at the age of six playing on many teams and matches as a Junior. Jessen went on to play tennis for the Menlo College Tennis Team playing both singles and doubles. He has served as a USTA Area Training Center Coach and has coached the USTA National Boys 12 Zone Teams in Arizona. His passion and dedication for the game of tennis has helped many players of all levels reach their fullest potential.
Jim Bedilion, will be co-directing the tennis camp at San Domenico. Bedilion is a USPTA Elite, head professional with 40 years experience running junior programs for all levels of play from beginner to National players. Currently, Bedilian is Chairman of USTA Junior Council, which handles junior training and development for Northern California. He is also Head Coach for the USTA Northern California Training center and has coached and travelled with more than 20 National teams.
Overview at San Domenico
Starting on Sunday July 20th (first day of camp), campers at San Domenico will have the unique opportunity to select from Nike basketball, tennis, or soccer, while including an English language component -- applicable to the sporting environment. The English lessons, provided by ELS, will be conversational in nature and run in the afternoons, Monday through Thursday. The camp is designed for international students ages 9 to 15, who are interested in a Nike-caliber-sports-training-program combined with general English training from ELS language Centers at a top California location.
Campers also get the added benefit of enjoying a fun, dynamic summer program which incorporates visits to local sites in Northern California, including tours exploring San Francisco and nearby Napa/Sonoma counties, as well as fun activities experiencing local theme parks.
Founded in 1850, San Domenico is an independent co-educational (pre-K through Grade 12) day and boarding school located on 200 hectares in San Anselmo, California. The campus features state-of-the-art academic facilities, a music conservatory, riding stables, swimming pool, gymnasium and six tennis courts. Located in Marin County, San Anselmo is eight kilometers from Central San Rafael and 26 kilometers north from downtown San Francisco. California’s beautiful Napa and Sonoma counties and the northern coastline and beaches are within a 50-minute drive.
Every day is fully planned and organized for all attending students. ELS and Nike ensure all students are fully engaged and participating in all events, training sessions and classes. In the morning hours, sport training will be held for three-and-one-half hours, Monday through Friday. After lunch, the campers will spend two hours engaging in their ELS English language class. Following English lessons, Monday through Thursday, students will have the opportunity to enjoy some of the benefits and facilities of the San Domenico School.
CLICK HERE to see a sample daily schedule and camp description.
Campers arrive on Sunday, greeted at the airport and brought back to camp. Campers will get their dorm and rooming assignments, enjoy welcome activities, and rest up after their flights.
- All international campers will be met at San Francisco International Airport (SFO) by camp staff, and will be escorted to their departing flight at the conclusion of their session. This is included in tuition.
- To schedule your pick-up, please complete a travel form which will be included in your registration packet. International campers must complete a travel form in order to guarantee pick up at the airport. Travel forms can also be accessed at www.mycamps.ussportscamps.com using your registered email.
- Designated Airport: San Francisco International Airport (SFO)
- Early arrivals & late departures: There is a $125 fee per day to accomodate campers arriving early or staying beyond the final day of their registered session. This fee includes housing and meals. Please note that our camp staff cannot receive early arrival prior to Sunday, July 20th (the first day of camp), nor may campers stay past Saturday, August 2nd (last day of camp).
- For family or friends wishing to stay nearby, we recommend the Embassy Suites Hotel. To make a reservation, call 415-479-8800 or click here.
Sample Daily Schedule
- 7:30 - 8:00 Breakfast
- 8:00 - 11:50 Nike Sports Training
- 12:00 - 13:00 Lunch
- 13:00 - 14:50 English Classes
- 15:00 - 17:30 Afternoon On-Campus Activity
- 17:30 - 18:30 Dinner
- 18:30 - 21:00 Free Time
- 21:15 - 23:00 Quiet Time
Check-in & Check-out
- Camp Check-In: Sunday, July 20th. Students will be met at the airport and brought to camp.
- Camp Check-Out: Saturday, August 2nd. Nike Sports Camps/ELS personnel will escort campers back to airport, following the end of camp. This fee is also included in the price of camp.
- Evening and Weekend Activities: On Friday afternoons, the students will have the opportunity to go shopping at some of the area's premium outlet facilities, such as The Village at Corte Madera. Saturdays and Sundays will be spent exploring San Francisco and all its sights and sounds - from the Golden Gate Bridge to Fisherman's Wharf, with a few fun stops in between. Students will also have the opportunity to experience an American tradition while attending a MLB (Major League Baseball) game!
- All-inclusive tuition: Covers language instruction, sport instruction, housing, meals, roundtrip airport transfers, weekend stayover(s), and weekend activities.
- Registration Packet: A detailed camper registration packet containing check-in location, health & release forms, emergency contact info, and a packing list will be emailed to all registered campers in spring of 2014. Our health and release forms do not require a doctor's signature and will be collected on the first day of camp. Supplemental health/medical insurance is included in all sport and language programs. For more details about this, click on Supplemental Insurance.