Nike Winter Sports Camp at Mainsail Resort in Tampa Florida Tampa, Florida
We are pleased to announce our new Nike Winter Sport Camp at the Mainsail Resort and Conference Center in Tampa Florida. This camp combines two weeks of your choice of Nike Tennis, Basketball, Soccer or Baseball instruction along with fun evening and weekend activities. Campers will reside at the Mainsail Hotel and Conference Center, a luxurious apartment hotel,which is located nearby the athletic facilities. This excellent Nike Sport program makes sure all campers have a challenging and rewarding time at camp while learning and improving their core skills. The two-week camp program is suitable for campers of all skill levels.
This camp is designed for players of all levels looking to improve their game and have fun while doing it! These camp sessions are an awesome way to improve your game quickly, as players are given a chance to play their chosen Nike sport up to 5 hours a day. Campers will work hard, learn new techniques and bond with fellow campers. Join us and make new friends while enjoying nightly group activities and great accommodations.
- Two week sport includes all housing/meals and round-trip airport pick-up plus a weekend trip to Busch Gardens and nearby Clearwater Beach.
- Each week, campers can choose which sport program they want to do. Choose from Nike Tennis, Basketball, Soccer or Baseball
- Low Camper to Staff ratio
- Players grouped by age and ability
- The Mainsail Conference Center offers superior housing facilities and is nearby all fields/courts
- All campers receive a player evaluation at the end of camp
- All campers receive a Nike Sport Camp tee--shirt
- Coaching provided from professional coaches
- 24 hour supervision
Campers will reside at the Mainsail Resort located in Tampa, FLorida. Campers will use the facilities at Hillsborough Community College, a short distance from the hotel. The campers will be transported between the athletic facilities and the hotel by a private bus service. The camp staff will accompany them.
MainSail also has a resort size pool and spa and a large gym/training room that our athletes will be able to use under supervision of our coaches.Meet your coaching staff
Mehdi and Maria Belhassan
Mehdi played tennis at the highest level, representing his country, Morocco in international events including Davis Cup and the African Championships. He was the top ranked junior in Morocco, played both on the collegiate and professional circuits, and has coached players of all levels, from beginners to world class players. Mehdi will be on-court and direct all aspects of the tennis program.
He and his wife run the popular MB/Nike Sports Camp at Curry College which runs 5 weeks just outside of Boston each summer.
This Winter we are offering a two week program of overnight camp for kids ages 9-16 of all skill levels.
Upon arrival, all participants are evaluated by the staff so that their own instructional needs can be addressed throughout the program.
Check-in and Check-out times
Check In: Overnight Campers 12:00 noon-2:00pm on Sunday
Check Out: 4:00pm on. Friday for all campers
Campers will be staying in suites in the luxurious apartment hotel: MainSail. Each suite has two large bedrooms, full kitchen, dining and living room. Each bedroom has two beds and each suite will sleep four campers. For a floor plan of the rooms please visit: www.mainsailtampa.com
Designated Airport: Tampa International
A detailed camper registration packet containing check in location, health/release forms, emergency contact info, and a list of things to bring will be emailed to all registered campers in November. Our health and release forms do not require a doctor's signature and they will be collected on the first day of camp.
Sample Daily Schedule
- 7:15am Breakfast at Mainsail daily
- 8:30am Transport to Athletic facilities
- 9:00am Instruction begins
- 10:30am Break
- 10:45am Instruction continues
- 12:00pm - 1:45pm Lunch and rest time at Mainsail
- 1:45 Depart for athletic facilities
- 2:00pm Instruction continues
- 3:15pm Break
- 4:30pm Depart for Mainsail
- 4:45pm-5:30pm Social/Swim/Rest time
- 5:30pm Dinner
- 7:00pm Evening Activity
- 10:15pm Campers to rooms