The Brockport Cross Country, Track and Field Nike Camp is designed for athletes with the desire and dedication to become more competitive in their event. It is meant to challenge and grow the athlete’s mental and physical capabilities in order to make them tougher for competition and training.
• Our camps are open to any and all entrants. Ages: 10-18
• Any athlete who has sufficient preparatory education to be academically eligible to enter college in the fall following the camp date will not be permitted to attend the camp.
• Drugs, alcohol and smoking are strictly prohibited and constitute grounds for immediate dismissal from camp.
Track and Field camp:
Campers can choose from all disciplines: throw (shot put, weight, hammer, discus, javelin) sprints, hurdles, middle distance (including steeplechase), and jumps (high jump, long jump, triple jump, pole vault). Note: For liability reasons, pole vaulters must bring their own poles. During each training session, campers select an event of their choice for specialization. Each group is assigned an experienced event coach for specialized training and individual attention.
Instruction and training will be offered throughout the week by experienced collegiate coaches. Breakout sessions will include topics on nutrition, racing, motivation, and team culture. A representative from The College at Brockport will be available for one session to answer questions regarding the collegiate recruiting and application process. Current collegiate athletes will be working as camp counselors and will be happy to answer any questions.
Evening Activities include:
1. Lip Sync Competition
2. Motivational Speaker- Dr. Gonazelz (All-American from U Pitt and sports spychologist for the US Marines)
3. Talent Night
4. Free time/ movies/ lawn games
Events at Brockport
• Middle Distance (Including Steeplechase)
• Jumps (High, Long and Triple Jumps)
• Throws (Shot put, hammer, discus, javelin)
• Pole Vault (CAMPERS MUST BRING THEIR OWN POLES)
Check in/Check Out:
Check-in: July 30, 10:00AM at Track
Check-out: August 2, 12:00pm
Overnight campers will stay in the dorms on campus. 2 Campers per room.
Cross Country Session Sample Daily Schedule:
7:00 AM- Meet in Groups
7:15 AM- Breakfast
8:30 AM- Meet in Groups-walk to track
8:45 AM- Practice from track to Sweden Town Park for XC Workout
11:30 AM- Lunch
12 :45 PM- Meet in groups, walk to B300
1:00 PM- Guest Speaker- Coach Jaskulski “ Don’t be a squid!”
2:30 PM- Free Time (dodgeball, kickball, etc…) from track
3:30 PM- Practice from Campus (on baseball fields) for XC tactic practice.
6:00 PM- Dinner
7:30 PM- Talent Night - Free Time
10:00 PM- Room check #1
10:30 PM- Lights out, Room check #2
Runners grouped by: ability and event.
Facility: Brockport Track & Campus
If five or more campers register together, each camper is eligible for a $30 discount. Please have a team contact reach out directly to the USSC office at 1-800-645-3226 to receive a discount code to identify your group. Campers may then register through the website at their convenience and apply the coupon code during check-out.
Ranked #1 athletic facilities in the New York State collegiate system in 2016, The College at Brockport boasts any cross country and track and field athlete’s dream environment to get better. State of the art indoor and outdoor track facilities, coupled with an athlete-specific weight facility provide the necessary resources to train and compete at the highest level.
Sample Daily Schedule
- 7:00 am Meet in Groups- walk to breakfast
- 7:15 am Breakfast
- 8:30 am Meet in Groups- walk to practice
- 8:45 am Practice at Track
- 11:00 am Lunch
- 12:30 pm Guest Speaker- Dr. Gonzalez (Sports Psychologist- “The Power of Visualization and Performance”)
- 2:00 pm Free Time (dodgeball, kickball, basketball…) with counselors at Athletic Center
- 3:15 pm Meet in Groups- walk to track
- 3:30 pm Practice at Track (Split into event specific groups/coaches + counselors)
- 6:00 pm Dinner
- 7:30 pm Lip Sync Competition
-Free Time (Movies, Hangout) at dorms
- 10:00 pm Room check #1
- 10:30 pm Lights out, Room check #2