2015 Camp Information
The Nike Ultimate Camp at University of Minnesota is a summer ultimate camp for girls and boys of all ability levels who seek an exciting summer experience with the sport of ultimate.The Middle School Camp is geared towards players ages 11-13 and the High School Camp is geared towards players ages 14-18. Camps run side by side from 9:00am-4:00pm daily from June 10-14, 2015 (Wed-Sun).
Our camp is open to players of all ability and experience levels.
The Middle School Camp is open to players ages 11-13, incoming 6th graders through 8th graders. The High School Camp is open to players ages 14-18, incoming 9th graders through just graduated 12th graders.
Our camps are open to both boys and girls. Some instruction and play will be done in a mixed environment and some will be done in a single gender environment.
Daily Instruction & Themes
- Day 1: Catching and Throwing
- Day 2: Man to Man Defense: The Mark, Handler D and Cutter D
- Day 3: Offensive Cutting: Handler and Downfield
- Day 4: Zone O and D
- Day 5: Wrap Up and Review
- Wednesday-Saturday: Arrive at the fields at 8:45am. Instruction begins at 9:00am. Depart at 4:00pm from the fields.
- Sunday: Arrive at the fields at 8:45am. There will be an awards ceremony at 3:30pm. Parents are invited to attend! Check-out will be at 4:00pm.
Campers bring their own lunch each day, but lunch is supervised. Campers should bring snacks and drinks as well.
Camper will utilize the student recreational sport fields on the University of Minnesota campus.
We provide a ratio of 1 staff member for every 10 campers. This ensures lots of one-on-one attention and teaching for each camper.
Our camp counselors and staff are hand-selected based on their ability to lead and supervise. In the event of an emergency, campers will be transported to a local hospital.
Nike Ultimate Camps does not provide transportation to/from camp from airport, train stations or bus depots. You will have to arrange transportation to/from camp. Please call 1-800-645-3226 two weeks prior to camp to provide camper’s flight and shuttle information.
A detailed camper registration packet containing check in location, health/release forms, emergency contact info, and a list of things to bring will be emailed to all registered campers in the Spring. Our health and release forms do not require a doctor's signature and they will be collected on the first day of camp.
Camp Code: UFXDMN
Sample Daily Schedule
- 8:45 am Campers arrive
- 9:00 am Warm-up
- 9:30 am Basics, drills, short lectures
- 10:15 am Work on and apply skill
- 11:00 am Daily challenge: Workout/throwing
- 11:30 am Lunch
- 12:30 pm Warm-up
- 12:45 pm Drill rotations
- 2:15 pm Application or skills
- 2:45 pm Team drill
- 3:00 pm Scrimmage
- 4:00 pm Campers depart