More Important Camp Details
2016 Camp Information
We are offering one week of camp this year at the University of Minnesota for players ages 10-18 of all skill levels. The Middle School program is geared towards players ages 10-13 and the High School program is geared towards players ages 14-18. The programs run side by side from 9:00am-4:00pm daily.
Our camp is open to players of all ability and experience levels.
The Middle School Camp is open to players ages 10-13, incoming 6th graders through 8th graders. The High School Camp is open to players ages 14-18, incoming 9th graders through just graduated 12th graders.
Our camps are open to both boys and girls. Some instruction and play will be done in a mixed environment and some will be done in a single gender environment.
Daily Instruction & Themes
- Day 1: Catching and Throwing
- Day 2: Man to Man Defense: The Mark, Handler D and Cutter D
- Day 3: Offensive Cutting: Handler and Downfield
- Day 4: Zone O and D
- Day 5: Wrap Up and Review
- Monday-Friday: Arrive at the Student Recreation Sports Dome at 8:45am. Instruction begins at 9:00am. Depart at 4:00pm from the Student Recreation Sports Dome.
- Friday: There will be an awards ceremony on Friday at 3:30pm at the Student Recreation Sports Dome. Parents are invited to attend. Check-out will be at 4:00pm.
Campers bring their own lunch each day, but lunch is supervised. Campers should bring snacks and drinks as well.
Camper will utilize the Student Recreational Sports Dome during camp. (1720 8th St SE, Minneapolis, MN 55455)
We provide a ratio of 1 staff member for every 10 campers. This ensures lots of one-on-one attention and teaching for each camper.
Our camp counselors and staff are hand-selected based on their ability to lead and supervise. In the event of an emergency, campers will be transported to a local hospital.
Nike Ultimate Camps does not provide transportation to/from camp from airport, train stations or bus depots. You will have to arrange transportation to/from camp. Please call 1-800-645-3226 two weeks prior to camp to provide camper’s flight and shuttle information.
A detailed camper registration packet containing check-in location, health/release forms, emergency contact info, and a list of things to bring will be emailed to all registered campers in the Spring. Our health and release forms do not require a doctor's signature and they will be collected on the first day of camp.
Camp Code: UFXDMN
Sample Daily Schedule
- 8:45 am Campers arrive
- 9:00 am Warm-up
- 9:30 am Basics, drills, short lectures
- 10:15 am Work on and apply skill
- 11:00 am Daily challenge: Workout/throwing
- 11:30 am Lunch
- 12:30 pm Warm-up
- 12:45 pm Drill rotations
- 2:15 pm Application of skills
- 2:45 pm Team drill
- 3:00 pm Scrimmage
- 4:00 pm Campers depart