Nike Basketball Camp at The Ellis School
Improve your game and have serious fun
at Nike Basketball Camps
Take your skills to the next level at our co-ed basketball camp in Pittsburgh this summer 2024! Athletes of all skill levels are invited to receive high-quality instruction from Nike Basketball Camp Director, Dan LaGamba and his staff. Our summer basketball camp in Pennsylvania provides a fun and competitive environment for campers to train and become better players. Don't miss out on this opportunity to hone your skills, make new friends, and have some serious fun!
The Complete Skills Camp helps players of all abilities develop athletically, refine fundamental basketball skills and enhance their skill set at the post, wing or guard position.
- Fundamental instruction, individual development, and team play
- In-depth discussions on situational play, including time and game management
- Receive a Nike Basketball Camp t-shirt and other prizes!
- View More Details ⟩
Camp Director Dan LaGamba
Dan LaGamba currently serves as the Head Basketball Coach for The Ellis School.View Dan's Bio ⟩
Prior to Ellis, Dan has held numerous roles in coaching, and prior to Ellis was the Assistant Basketball Coach at Keystone Oaks High School.
LaGamba brings a high level of coaching experience to our basketball campers. His coaching background includes: The Ellis School, Keystone Oaks High School, and Our Lady of the Angels basketball team.
Throughout his career, Dan’s teams have received numerous awards for their hard work. Some of these awards include:
· 2016 WPIAL Section Champions
· 2020 State Quarterfinals
· 2020 District Semifinals
· 2019, 2020 Section 2-AA Runner-Up
· 6 Time CYO girls state Champions
Dan’s undergraduate degree is from La Roche University, where he played varsity baseball for four years and earned 2 B.S. degrees in Information Technology and Criminal Justice.
staff Camp Staff
Our Camp Director will be assisted by a talented staff which may include current and former collegiate coaches and players, club coaches, and high school coaches.
SECURE YOUR SPOT!
You can expect high demand for these first-come-first-serve camper spots, so please be sure to register early.
- Dates: July 8-11
- Age Group: 10-15
- Gender: Co-ed
- Camp Type: Day Camp
- Schedule: Monday-Thursday, 9:00am-3:00pm
- Check-in: 30 minutes prior to camp start time
- Lunch: Not provided. Campers should bring a lunch each day. Concessions will be available for purchase for $2 each.
- Program: This Complete Skills program helps players of all abilities develop athletically, refine fundamental basketball skills and enhance their skill set at the post, wing or guard position.
This camp is suited for 4th graders through incoming 9th graders.
Please note: Camp schedules and details may be subject to change.
WHAT'S INCLUDED IN THE FEE?
- Instruction: Morning and afternoon training sessions
- Lunch: Not provided. Campers should bring their own lunch each day.
- Supervision: Campers are supervised by staff during camp hours
- Camp T-shirt & Prizes: Campers at multi-day camps will receive a Nike Basketball Camps t-shirt and prizes.
- Basketballs: Basketballs are provided for instruction during camp. Campers may purchase a Camp Basketball at the time of registration, which will be given out on the last day of camp. Fun tip: Have your camp friends sign your ball before you leave!
INSTRUCTION, EQUIPMENT & FACILITY
- Ratio: 1:8 staff-to-camper ratio
- Groupings: Campers are grouped by ability and age.
- Facility: 2 Indoor Courts
- A/C in Gym: Yes
- Medical Protocol: Most camps have an athletic trainer on-site to help with illness or injury. In case of an emergency, campers will be transported to the nearest hospital.
To view your customer account, complete your mandatory forms, pay balance dues, and review important camp information, visit Pre-Camp Checklist. All necessary camp information is on this page. If there are any imperative changes prior to camp start, registered campers will be notified via email and this webpage will be updated!
Below is a suggested list of clothes, equipment, and personal items. US Sports Camps is NOT responsible for lost or stolen articles or money.
● Athletic, on-court clothing
● Athletic shoes
● Water bottle
● Packed lunch and snacks
● Small gym bag/backpack
Upon arrival, all participants are evaluated by the staff so that their own instructional needs can be addressed throughout the week. In addition, campers will be evaluated and then split up into smaller groups according to age and ability.
Most camps have an athletic trainer on-site to help with illness or injury. In case of an emergency, campers will be transported to the nearest hospital.
For information regarding our cancellation policy and all other company policies, please visit USSC Policies.
Transportation is not provided by the camp to or from any airports. If you are flying to or from camp, we recommend using an airport shuttle service. Please schedule flights as close as you can to the check-in times on the first day and check-out times on the last day.
NIKE BASKETBALL CAMP FAQ
For general questions about our basketball camps, please see our FAQ page.
*Please note, this information is subject to change.
SAMPLE DAILY SCHEDULE
- 9:00am Campers arrive, warm up
- 9:30am Skills Training
- 10:30am Full Court 3 on 3
- 11:15am Skills Competitions
- 12:00pm Lunch
- 12:45pm Shooting Drill
- 1:30pm Transition Drills
- 2:00pm Full Court Games
- 3:00pm Dismissal
The staff were engaging and fun!
SECURE YOUR SPOT – CAMPS SELL OUT!
Last year over 650 Sports Camps sold out, leaving 7,000+ campers on the waitlist. Due to high demand, early registration for our first-come-first-serve camps is strongly recommended.