Nike Girls Basketball Camp JR Sparks
Improve your game and have serious fun
at Nike Basketball Camps
Join the 3-time WNBA Champion Los Angeles Sparks in summer 2023 and work on improving your strength and conditioning, team play skills, and fundamentals. This camp is the perfect opportunity to get better, build confidence on the court and make new friends!
The Complete Skills Camps help players of all abilities develop athletically, refine fundamental skills, and enhance their abilities at the post, wing, or guard position.
- Emphasis placed on individual development and team play
- In-depth analysis of each player's conditioning and footwork
- Receive a Nike Basketball Camp t-shirt and other prizes!
- View More Details ⟩
Camp Director LaSandra "San" Dixon
LaSandra “San” Dixon was born in LA but grew up in Azusa, Ca. She was always a sports-minded kid, but developed a passion for basketball. She earned a full scholarship to San Diego State University in 2005 and graduated with her Bachelors in Liberal Arts in 2009. LaSandra became known as Coach San throughout Los Angeles, which also serves as home of Defend Your Legacy Basketball, mentorship through player development.View LaSandra's Bio ⟩
Coach San has always been deeply rooted in giving back to her community and uses basketball as a tool to inspire, motivate, and develop players one bounce at a time. She is the founder and head trainer of Defend Your Legacy Basketball (DYLBBALL). By the summer of 2014, San started working with Nike Los Angeles, where she has served as the lead female trainer for the Jr. Drew League and Kobe Bryant's Mamba League. By 2016, she was the Jr. Sparks Clinic Director and Youth Basketball Summer Camp Director where she helped increase girls participation from 300 to 1,400 participants by 2019. San continues her partnership with Nike Los Angeles as a Change Maker and Sport Impact Leader. Currently, the player development coach at St. Mary's Academy in Inglewood.
● Jr. NBA All Star Weekend Clinics (2018-Current)
● Jr. Sparks X LAFD Youth Program (2018)
● Jr. Sparks X Women's Drew League Clinic (2018)
● Kyrie X Yung Taco Park PopUps (2018)
● Nike LA X Kobe Bryant Private Youth Workout (2018)
● UIC X NGA Drive to the Basket (2019, 20, 21, Current)
● Paul George Homecoming (2019)
● HerTimeToPlay X Mamba Sports Academy Clinic (2019)
● Vidcon X Nike (2019)
● HerGame Classic (2019)
● Jr. Drew X 5eleven Hoops Autistic Clinic (2019)
● Lebron 17 Mall Activation (2019)
● AirWest X HerGame (2019)
● Jr.Sparks Ballin on the Beach Hour Clinic (2019, 20, 21)
● LA Sparks Learn from the Pros Clinic (2019)
● Jumpman23 Go Hoop Day X Crete Academy (2019)
● Jumpman23 X NikeLA Own The Game WMNS Event (2019)
● LA Fitness Festival X Trainer Heather (2019)
● Nike AirWest Trainer (2019-Current)
● Nike JDI Women’s 25 Core Coaches LA (2019)
● LA Sparks Skill Development Internship (2019-20)
● Jr. NBA Coach of the Year Semifinalist (2019-20)
● Kobe x WNBA Preseason Training Sessions (2020)
● Derek Fisher BA X REAL923 Kobe + Gigi Memorial Clinic (2020)
● Jr.Sparks X Te’a Cooper Virtual Clinic (2020)
● 6th Annual #WeAreWomen Finalists (2020)
● Breakfast Club Camp X TrainMoore (2020)
● Jr. Sparks My Grind Mondays Web Series (2020)
● 4WardMVMT Clinic (2020,21)
● Labor Week Clinic X TrainMoore (2021)
● HighlightHER X Zelle 3on3 Women’s Tourney (2021)
● Networth Sports forherbyher 3v3 Winter League (2021)
● Jr. Drew X Space Jam 2 + Anthony Davis (2021)
● Nike Be True Campaign (2021)
● Jr. NBA How To Video Series (2021)
● Mamba & Mambacita Sports Foundation Skills Academy (2021)
● Dick’s Sporting Goods Its Her Shot (2021)
● Nike Legacy Project: Sport Impact Leader (2021)
● Clippers Community Hero (2021)
● Women’s Drew League Championship (2021-22)
● Jumpman23 x WhyNot.5 “Inner City” Clinic (2022)
● TedxCrenshawSalon LEGACY (2022)
Camp Director Chris Rodgers
Chris Rodgers hails from the Philadelphia area. After a successful four-year college career at Bucknell University, Chris had a brief stint at the Philadelphia 76ers training camp before continuing his basketball career in Europe, playing professionally in the German Bundislega for six years.View Chris's Bio ⟩
While playing overseas, he developed a love for coaching and became the head coach and program director for a 14u team. He led the team to back-to-back German championships in his first two seasons.
Once he finished playing, Chris returned to the U.S. and settled in Los Angeles. He started training high school and college athletes. With a degree in Business and an MBA with a focus in Finance, Chris started a nonprofit organization providing youth with the skills necessary to be commendable individuals through leadership workshops and basketball. Now, as a high school athletic director with over 18 years of coaching experience, Chris continues to coach and train local youth through his nonprofit program, RISE Sports Academy. He developed numerous athletes who currently play both collegiately and professionally. He believes in community and motivating players to achieve heights they never thought possible by helping them break through their mental limitations.
June 26-29, 2023
Check-in: Monday at 8:30am
Closing Ceremony: Thursday at 2:30pm
Meals: Lunch is not provided. Please bring a packed lunch.
Daily Hours: MON-THURS 9AM-3PM
To view your customer account, complete your mandatory forms, pay balance dues, and review important camp information, visit Pre-Camp Checklist. All necessary camp information is on this page. If there are any imperative changes prior to camp start, registered campers will be notified via email and this webpage will be updated!
Below is a suggested list of clothes, equipment, and personal items. US Sports Camps is NOT responsible for lost or stolen articles or money.
● Athletic, on-court clothing
● Athletic shoes
● Water bottle
● Packed lunch and snacks
● Small gym bag/backpack
Upon arrival, all participants are evaluated by the staff so that their own instructional needs can be addressed throughout the week. In addition, campers will be evaluated and then split up into smaller groups according to age and ability.
Most camps have an athletic trainer on-site to help with illness or injury. In case of an emergency, campers will be transported to the nearest hospital.
For information regarding our cancellation policy and all other company policies, please visit USSC Policies.
Transportation is not provided by the camp to or from any airports. If you are flying to or from camp, we recommend using an airport shuttle service. Please schedule flights as close as you can to the check-in times on the first day and check-out times on the last day.
NIKE BASKETBALL CAMP FAQ
For general questions about our basketball camps, please see our FAQ page.
*Please note, this information is subject to change.
Sample Daily Schedule
- 9:00 AM Introduction/Roll Call
- 9:00 AM Professional Agility, Speed and Conditioning Session
- 10:00 AM Offensive and Defensive Stations
- 10:40 AM Skill Work Featuring Advanced Tennis Ball Drills
- 11:00 AM Skill Work focusing on Screening and Cutting Action
- 11:15 AM Advanced 2 Man Game Options
- 11:25 AM Daily 5on5 Scrimmages
- 12:00 PM Lunch
- 1:00 PM Classroom Instruction Focusing on Team Building, Communication, the Importance of Details and Cooperation
- 1:20 PM Daily Ball Handling and 1on1 Moves
- 2:00 PM 3 on 3 Instruction and Team Tournament.
- 2:30 PM Daily Competitions: Hot Shot, Free Throw, 3 Point and Kings of the Court.
- 3:00 PM Cool Down/Stretching/Closing Comments
Jump Beyond Sports is a 23,000 square foot multi-sport facility. The basketball courts are professional grade premium wooden floors with professional grade sub-flooring. The same floors are in found in the Golden State Warriors and Sacramento Kings facilities.
SECURE YOUR SPOT – CAMPS SELL OUT!
Last year over 650 Sports Camps sold out, leaving 7,000+ campers on the waitlist. Due to high demand, early registration for our first-come-first-serve camps is strongly recommended.