Nike Clark Family Running Camp at Hackley School
Serious | Fun
2024 Dates Announced!
We understand that to be the best, you must learn from the best!
Located in Tarrytown, NY, Hackley School offers the ideal setting for our cross country and track & field programs for this Nike Clark Family Running Camp. The beautiful 285 acre campus offers 6.4 miles of running trails and a six-lane 400 meter track.
The Nike Clark Family Running Camp is directed and facilitated by its original creators and members of the royal family of track and field, the Clark Family. Hazel Clark, Joetta Clark and Jearl Miles Clark have 12 Olympic teams to their credit, and made history when they swept the 2000 Olympic trials under the coaching of world class coach JJ Clark, brother of Hazel and Joetta, and husband to Jearl Miles Clark.
- Choose from Track & Field or Cross Country
- No Pole Vault or Javelin in 2023
- 10:1 camper to staff ratio
- Swimming offered for cool down each day
- Specific training for all skill levels
- Nike Running Camp T-shirt
- View More Details ⟩
Camp Director Hazel Clark
Hazel Clark is an American middle-distance runner who specializes in the 800 meters middle distance race. Clark was a member of the U.S. Olympic team in 2000, 2004 and 2008. She has won six national titles and two USA Olympic Trials events during her career.View Hazel's Bio & Cross Country Tips ⟩
Clark was a member of the Florida Gators track and field team and was coached by her brother J.J. While at Florida, she was undefeated in SEC competition and won five NCAA titles.
Cross Country Tips by Hazel:
SECURE YOUR SPOT!
You can expect a high demand on these first-come-first-serve camper spots, so please be sure to register early.
The Clark family has designed a comprehensive training camp program which focus on track and field and/or cross country fundamentals including drills, pacing, strength endurance, speed and core strengthening as well as the mental edge necessary for top athletic performances.
The Clark Family Running Camps offer expert instruction from our staff of Olympic stars in a challenging, fun and inspiring environment.
In addition to members of the Clark family, the camp is facilitated by other world-class athletes and coaches.
- Dates: July 15-18, 2024
- Ages: 10-17
- Gender: Co-ed
- Camp type: Day
- Schedule: Monday-Thursday, 9:00am-3:30pm
- Check-in: 15 minutes prior to camp start time
- Location: Rob Pickert Field- Hackley School
- View the interactive campus map here
- Lunch: Campers should bring their own lunch and snacks
PREPARE FOR CAMP: COMPLETE YOUR PRE-CAMP CHECKLIST
To view your customer account, complete your mandatory forms, pay balance dues, and review important camp information, visit Pre-Camp Checklist.
All necessary camp information is on this page. If there are any imperative changes prior to camp start, registered campers will be notified via email and this webpage will be updated!
INSTRUCTION, EQUIPMENT & FACILITY
- Ratio: 1:10 staff to camper ratio
- Grouped by: age, ability and event
- Evaluation: by coaching staff
- Equipment Needed: Campers should bring at least one pair of broken in running shoes. Event shoes/spikes are recommended but not required. Please be sure to properly mark your equipment, so that it can be easily identified.
- Facility: Outdoor 400m Tartan track, local roads and trails
- Track and Field
- Jumps (No Pole Vault)
- Throws (no Javelin)
- Cross Country/Distance Running
*No Pole Vault or Throws (SP/DT/HT/JAV) offered in 2023
CHECKLIST OF THINGS TO BRING:
Below is a suggested list of clothes, equipment and personal items. US Sports Camps is NOT responsible for lost or stolen articles or money.
- Extra Athletic clothing
- 1-2 pairs of broken in running shoes/ event spikes
- Non-running shoes
- Water bottle
- Packed lunch and snacks
- Small gym bag/backpack
Transportation is not provided. Campers are responsible for getting to and from camp on their own. There is no supervision before or after camp hours so please make arrangements to pick up your child on time.
Most camps have an athletic trainer on-site to help with illness or injury. In case of an emergency, campers will be transported to the nearest hospital.
For information regarding our cancellation policy and all other company policies, please visit USSC Policies.
NIKE CROSS COUNTRY CAMP FAQ
For general questions about our Cross Country camps please see our FAQ page.
Fun Facts about the Clark Family
- The late Dr. Joe Clark is the patriarch of the family and the subject of the movie Lean on Me.
- Joetta Clark Diggs is a four-time Olympian and the founder of the JCD Sports Foundation.
- Jearl Miles Clark is a five-time Olympian and American record holder.
- Hazel Clark is a three-time Olympian and the founder of Future Olympian Sports Clinics and US Embassy appointed sports envoy.
- JJ Clark is a 22 time Coach of the Year, a member of the 2008 Olympic team coaching staff, and is the Franklin P. Johnson Director of Track and Field at Stanford University, overseeing Stanford’s track and field and cross country programs. Coach Clark has coached numerous NCAA champions, national champions, national team members and world class athletes.
Camp Questions & Answers
My child does multiple events; will there be opportunities for her to train on multiple skills during camp?
Yes campers can train with multiple event groups.
What does my child need to bring to camp?
Please check your camp webpage for a list of items to bring to camp.
There are swimming sessions listed on the schedule; if my child can’t swim, will there be alternate opportunities for training?
We have numerous cross training workout options and activities available for those campers who prefer not to swim.
My child is new to the sport, do you accept athletes who are beginners in the sport?
We bring the best out of campers of all skill levels. All we require is a positive attitude.
July 23, 2022: Camper returned enthusiastically more aware concerning the sport and on her own started watching the track and field events with new motivation at UOregon
July 24, 2022: Being tested on the last day of camp to see what her sprinting/jumping power was--she was so excited about this.
July 26, 2023: Some really good pro tips on form specific to my child. My daughter would say the last days fun competition
July 22, 2022: My son had fun and came away feeling more confident and more prepared in several of his events
July 25, 2023: My daughter liked the different variations of running- trails, outdoor/indoor track.
July 22, 2023: Making new friends and learning new strategies and making bonds with others.
July 25, 2022: My son enjoyed making new friends at the camp and training everyday
July 21, 2023: Working with the coaches, learning new skills, meeting new people
The competitions were well organized and thought out.
My girls came back happy and motivated. They enjoyed the Olympic level speakers and talking to CITs in college. They also gained knowledge from talking and working with trainers on their specific issues
— Parent of Attendee from a Similar Camp in 2022
SECURE YOUR SPOT – CAMPS SELL OUT!
Last year over 650 Sports Camps sold out, leaving 7,000+ campers on the waitlist. Due to high demand, early registration for our first-come-first-serve camps is strongly recommended.